They must be dead by now... destroy what's left of them

>They must be dead by now... destroy what's left of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tey_How
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't get that line.
Why didn't he just gas them, and not try to shoot them?

They rented out the room and needed to clean up the suffocated Jedi corpses before the tenants came back

>DEY GONE INDA VENTALATION SHAFT

What did she mean by this?

>Where are the D. Roy Decoys?

Who was D. Roy, and why did they need decoys of him? Even Wookieepedia is silent on this issue

My lord, is that...regal?

at least you can talk.
who are you?

was this a real line? this makes me rage

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tey_How

Almost as if he hadn't dealt with Jedi before an underestimated them, and the film literally points this out if you watch it

Maybe they had found a way to get out and he was making sure

the gas was expensive

you don't become the leader of the trade federation by wasting money

So they were never in any real danger. So the entire sequence is just a dull showcase of their, suddenly very lame, abilities. A few of which will never be used again.

How can you defend this sequence?

If you want to showcase jedi abilities, at least do so in a situation where they can't solve every problem.

The scene is the show:
- The Jedi were very powerful
- The Neimoidians (at least one of them, as the other one asks "Have you ever dealt with a Jedi before" and he hasn't) underestimate their power

It's the equivalent to the scene in ANH where the Imperial Officer talks shit to Vader about his old religion not giving him clairvoyance to recover the Death Star plans. Most people in the Star Wars universe are ignorant of the power of the Force.

The Neimoidians would have assumed the Jedi were just the equivalent to Navy Seals or SAS. Elite soldiers, but not magic or anything. The scene shows that the Jedi were still powerful at the start of TPM

>It's the equivalent to the scene in ANH where the Imperial Officer talks shit to Vader

Except we, the audience, already know beforehand exactly what jedi can do. We already know force telekinesis, lightsaber deflections, and slight precognition. To this the movie adds force sprint, which is never used again, and a rebreather, that is only used again to get the jedi to the gungan city, and then never used again.

This is also supposed to be taking place in a time when the jedi essentially rule the galaxy. So a galaxy spanning faction knowing nothing about the jedi is ridiculous.

And harping on the yellow alien being stupid isn't helping your defense of the scene.

> This is also supposed to be taking place in a time when the jedi essentially rule the galaxy. So a galaxy spanning faction knowing nothing about the jedi is ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than an Imperial Officer of high enough rank to feel he can talk shit to Vader not knowing about the Force

> And harping on the yellow alien being stupid isn't helping your defense of the scene.
But that's just Star Wars. Most laypeople (laycreatures?) are ignorant of what Jedi and the Sith are capable of. That's consistent throughout all the films. Han and Luke are ignorant of the nature of the Force at the start of episode 4, Rey and Finn have vaguely heard of it in episode 7 and need it confirmed by Han. Over and over again we see characters who have heard of it, but dismiss it as a few mind tricks, like a magician or illusionist.

Before the prequels, said imperial officer was too young to have remembered a time with more than one jedi.

Then the prequels made it literally 20 years ago.

He's right, it's a gas we can't afford to lose.

The problem with having all opposition to jedi being stupid as fuck is its lazy as fuck. The prequels could've been everything the OT was, but scaled up to eleven because there's more than two force users in existence, and going into the complexities created by having so many literal fucking space wizards running around.

But lucas chooses not to do any of that. Its still a bog standard world and space magic is just a tiny aspect of it. And everyone is literally stupid.

kek'ed out loud

>George Lucas actually posts on Sup Forums

Why were they killing the delegates they agreed to receive instead of simply delaying negotiations?

Why did they blow up the delegation ship instead of searching it?

Why did the Jedi drink the tea before using the moist towelettes?

pretty sure its the kid he had that he wrote out of all inheritance in exchange for looking like a retard in one of the movies, trying to get his inheritance back.

Lucas did write 99.9% of wookiepedia though.

>le hothead
yeh its real

My lord... is that leeeegal?

are they oriental or what?

>okay so Mace will stay here to investigate those Korriban artifacts, I'm going to Dantooine, Plo Koon will disrupt the gathering CIS fleet above that one planet that's just one big forest, uhhh Fisto...Fisto is healing from falling into that pit of Gundarks, and Ki-Adi, you can stay wherever you are right now, wherever the fuck it is you go all the time. Did we get everything? I'm just rattling things off the top of my head here.
>what about the droid attack on the Naboo?
>Oh yeah, uhhh, you two out in the hall, come in here. Obi-Wan and Quay-Gong Jim. You two are going to Theed or something. Just ask around.