I don't get it

I don't get it

Other urls found in this thread:

people.ucalgary.ca/~tstronds/nostalghia.com/TheTopics/Symbols.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he was a human the whole time

I thought he was going to turn out to be the alien

>the alien

dude... i really didn't pick up on a lot huh...

>I don't get it

Stick to Marvel movies.

Did you at least get the meaning of the dog? Or are you that much of a pleb?

imo the whole movie could've been compressed down to an hour and a half, even with long, artsy shots

there's a whole bunch of super unnecessary scenes

getting into the zone is important

the early zone scene with the writer getting spooked walking over to the house is important (sets up character development, stalker talks about how the zone forgiving the writer's mistake is impressive)

professor wanting his knapsack is important

the tunnel scene is important (character development)

outside the room conversation is important

most everything else is unnecessary imo

>DUDE, BELIEVE IN GOD, LMAO

it wasnt that hard to see OP

uhh no not really

i feel like it was some kind of goodness of the zone / whatever he gets out of the zone he can get out of the dog / a call to go back and take care of his family

but honestly i have no idea

;_;

>it wasnt that hard to see OP
ohhh yeahh i do remember a scene like that actually

there's the conversation where they're talking about meaning in art and then the dog comes along and the stalker says something and i can't remember what it is but i remember thinking he was talking about god

ohhhhhh

>meaning of the dog?
There was no meaning.

I'm just kidding, user, the dog has no particular meaning.
Tarkovsky didn't activelly try to put simbolism in his films, he felt it was shallow.

oh and there's the little religious thing followed by the rifle

i remember thinking that was some kind of fedora-tier subliminal message about how religion causes war

but maybe it ties into the fact that the dog is a messenger of god? he has that dream, the dog is associated with the dream, after he wakes up he talks about how we make art for god or something like that

>there's no symbolism
>in a movie with niggas named The Writer, the Professor, and the Stalker

That's not symbolism, that's an allegory. Symbolism would be using images to represent ideas based solely on previous knowledge you might have of them.
One example is the use of colour in movies: white is usually associated with purity, black with death and fear, red with strong emotions, etc.

I've heard people argue that the dog represents doubt.

people.ucalgary.ca/~tstronds/nostalghia.com/TheTopics/Symbols.html

>mfw people don't get it that the stalker was just a conman and at the end he basically admits that they're a bunch of rich dumbasses that he tricks and takes into an admittedly dangerous, but not for the reasons he says, place and takes them to some dumb room via an insane route by leading them around a small area that he figured out was safe

WRITER DID NOTHING WRONG

This is how we can tell you're a pleb. You're focusing only on the parts pertaining to the plot.

>admits that they're a bunch of rich dumbasses that he tricks
this doesn't happen

This.
Tarkovsky didn't make the movie thinking about the plot, but about the emotions it would provide. Many of the slow "pointless" scenes are there to make you feel something. If you can't feel anything, it might be either because you're a pleb or because you're autistic. I'd have myself checked for both if I were you. But by now I'll only check these digits.

>Tarkovsky didn't make the movie thinking about the plot

How stupid

you gotta love film nerds