Spent the Korean war as a swimming instructor, has the audacity to write...

Spent the Korean war as a swimming instructor, has the audacity to write, direct and star in a film about a hardened veteran from said war

used the GI bill after the war to pay for his acting classes

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Lee#Military_service_during_the_Second_World_War
youtube.com/shared?ci=H2nU7uiIcKg
youtube.com/watch?v=0a23dqErYnw
youtube.com/watch?v=FINwufXxaME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>born 11 years after the war
>has the audacity of playing an Army Captain and be acclaimed for that role

wtf i hate tom hanks now?!?!

It's called acting for a reason, faggot

He hired a very knowledgable technical advisor about the Korean War

>was an engineer in WW2
>spent months in combat and got a finger shot off
>after the war, played a military engineer

BASED

Welcome to literally every prominent actor and politician after a certain point, probably the mid 1950's.
There's no more Eddie Albert, Rod Serling, Jimmy Stewart or Yasujirō Ozu. The bravest thing modern celebrities do is lie about being in New York on 9/11.

>makes a thread on Sup Forums attempting to discredit grandpa Eastwood directing a movie about being a veteran when he wasn't but doesn't bring up Heartbreak Ridge, he wasn't a soldier during the civil war for The Beguiled, and wasn't an actual cowboy before acting in westerns

I hate Eastwood now why can't he do anything right?

>as a swimming instructor
That's Gal Gadot tier! I bet he got fucked more than her. Your idol is the bottom bitch to all hellbound assbandits!

Hey guys, what's going on?

But the star wars guy was a muhreen! He just got hurt in a freak and totally accidental bike crash and had to get medically discharged conveniently right as he was set to deploy to Iraq. Be sure to thank him for his service!

Korea is the only one that counts, because he was drafted for that war, completed basic training, and then, when his buddies all went off to fight, he stayed at the base and taught freestyle in the day, and charged NCO's who drunk to much at the base bar at night

Checked and keked. He looks like the kinda serviceman you hear committing some PTSD-driven atrocity on the nightly news.

Volleyball instructor in Switzerland during Vietnam

sued British newspapers for libel for pointing this out because it's the only country where you could get away with that

His two dads are proud of him though

>ywn be captured by the IDF and kept as gal's personal slave and strapon cocksleeve
;_; jdimsa

And I care why?

>actor
>acts

I don't understand what would possess someone to do such a thing

Did he get his ears tied back after he got out or what?

And then there's this motherfucker.

>volunteers to fight for Finland in the Winter War
>the Finns don't want a westerner dying so they hold him away from any combat zones
>Lee returns to Britain aggravated
>joins the Air Force to help in WW2
>uncle is a Colonel and offers him a free spot in his intelligence unit
>Based Lee doesn't want to to take what he hasn't earned and volunteers for Pilot training
>Is too much of a big guy for the plane, crashes it on his first solo with no survivors
>the Air Force is in the middle of getting it's shit pushed in over Europe and doesn't want to take the time to cater to his needs
>"but don't worry, there's some Intelligence Colonel that asked for you by name"
>spends the next few years in Intel under the watchful eye of his coddling uncle
>eventually a new position opens up, nobody knows what it is. Adventure is promised and the chance of death is high
>Lee sees it as an opportunity to escape and finally do some good in the world
>becomes a founding member of the SAS
>never revealed what he did, because 'A true gentleman never tells', only that he climbed a god damn active volcano and met up with a distant relative in the Italian resistance
>trained to kill using anything available, he would often correct directors during fight scenes
>he was the only person involved in The Lord of The Rings to have met Tolkien and often pressured Jackson to remain faithful to the books

I miss him

He was a good friend

holy shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Lee#Military_service_during_the_Second_World_War

When's the adaptation?

Who will play him in the eventual biopic?

You also forgot to mention he recorded, several? Death metal albums even one about the history of the Frankish king Charlemagne

this. he looks like he'd murder-suicide a ladyboy while deployed

>Contrary to popular belief, Lee did not have a vast library of occult books. When giving a speech at the University College Dublin on 8 November 2011, he said: "Somebody wrote I have 20,000 books. I'd have to live in a bath! I have maybe four or five [occult books]." He further admonished the students against baneful occult practices, warning them that he had met "people who claimed to be Satanists. Who claimed to be involved with black magic."; however, he himself had certainly never been involved: "I warn all of you: never, never, never. You will not only lose your mind, you'll lose your soul."
What kind of things has this man seen

Shia LaBeouf

Oh yeah, forgot about his later life

>stars in a bunch of shitty horror movies with best bro for life Peter Cushing and quickly develop a large fanbase
>they could've easily moved on to bigger roles but stayed together making crappy horror movies in basements because they didn't want to upset their fans
>Lee actually finds all the sp00ky occult material fascinating and builds a huge library filled with classic Lovecraft and other old horror writers
>sometimes traveled to the US for 'filming' during Halloween but just liked to dress up and scare the shit out of little kids with his deep voice
>eventually a fan introduces him to death metal
>he's like, 70 years old at this point but thinks it's sick as shit so he goes out and buys an electric guitar
>learns how to play and ends up forming his own band
>it's a huge sucess

Literally killed Nazis to get over his wife's death.
Gable was All American.

Bob Ross was a drill sergeant notorious for his harshness

>Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

Really takes a new meaning now.

Isn't buscemi a legit volunteer firefighter

You realise you don't get to choose your fucking career path on the army, right.

>was a direct descendant of Charlemagne
>was close personal friends with Ian Flemming and likely one of the primary inspirations for James Bond
>was personal friends with Tolkien

Pretty sure he was an actual employed fire fighter. He was arrested protesting the closure of his old fire house.

Also he took a knife to the face for Vince Vaughn, which probably would've been more appreciated had it been literally anyone other than Vince Vaughn.

Buscemi is a great guy.

>Also he took a knife to the face for Vince Vaughn

Story needed.

>step cousin with Ian Fleming
>witnessed the last public execution in France
>helped track down Nazi war criminals
how can one man be so based?

>actors can only take roles they have real life experience in
>writers can only write about things they actually experienced
Do you think JK Rowling was actually a wizard?

She isn't a wizard?

wrote words on paper, turned it into a billion dollars.. sure sounds like magic to me

>volunteers to fight for Finland
>joins the Air Force to help in WW2
>volunteers for Pilot training
>Adventure is promised and the chance of death is high
>climbed a god damn active volcano

for someone this suicidal he sure lived long

Who the hell is he

buscemi worked as a firefighter on 9/11

thomas hankiwitz had chicken and waffles at obongo's going away party. they're bff's. sickening.

>Arnold hasn't actually gunned down thousands of men
What a fucking beta faggot

Fun fact, Stewart was in a film with John Wayne where he's a deserter who Wayne has to hunt down or some shit

Surprised nobody has mentioned Lee Marvin, he was wounded in the Pacific where most of his unit were casualties.

Fuck off, OP. Just because he trained men on US soil, that doesn't mean he did not contribute to the war effort. Who know how many lives his training had saved.

Enlisted service is more than being about on the front lines. It also includes training and support for troops up there in the thick of it.

One grandfather was enlisted in WWII and worked as a chef, which he was before the war. He lucked out when his CO at the base in GA liked his cooking and kept him there for the war. He was still away from his family. My other grandfather failed the physical due to an injury to his foot from a broken bottle on a beach. His four brothers all served overseas and I have a feeling he somewhat regreted it.

he didn't write gran torino you retard

>pog detected

enjoy your paper cuts, admin bitch.

> fought in WW1 as a grenadier
> had sex with JK Rowling
> Beat up the current pope back when he was a professional wrestler

It's almost like he was acting.

>enjoy your paper cuts
Not him, but nobody enjoys paper cuts, you dolt. What a terrible retort.

Some dipshit in a bar tried to fight Vince Vaughn. The way smaller Buscemi stepped in and got stabbed in the face for his trouble.

Granted, Buscemi literally can not get any uglier, so he probably didn't mind.

stay in your lane, jessica.

Not as much as they dislike shrapnel inside of them.

Admin should just be civilians. It's genuinely amazing that they can hire literal retards for support jobs and they still manage to do a better job than the actual enlisted selected for said jobs.

You're not the most creative. USMC?

that's because civilians can get fired. they're worried about their jobs so they actually do them, whereas tyrone will file your forms in the garbage can because....why not?

ooorah devil dog. you must suck a lot of marine dick to recognize my creativity so quickly.

You're clearly not a true warfighter if you're anything else. Get the fuck out of here, you pansy ass bitch.

We had a guy in our chow hall whose name no one knew and he would bring this weird journal and share it with people. He also dressed as Ash from Pokemon and talked about Nintendo.

Ah, the enlisted.

i wish i could be surprised by that. i remember a few halls of chow in florida employed legit retards. why?! once i saw one of the mongoloids responsible for refilling the ketchup bottles stick his tongue inside it after he filled it up and put it back on the table. i guess he was checking if it was filled to the top? i dunno. i stopped using ketchup after that. i fucking hate how they hired retards to do things. even something as simple as filling up a bottle of ketchup was done improperly. i really liked ketchup on my scrambled eggs and that really pissed me off. i can only imagine what was in that journal. you shouldn't have had to endure that.

>Christopher Lee will die during your lifetime

One of our guys also told us he had AIDs. He worked in the chow hall.

Another one tried to come through the gate at like 4 in the morning talking about shadow people chasing him. He was off his meds and was schizophrenic.

They get tax incentives to hire retards. No one really cares what happens to Marines, even other Marines, so they frequently get stuck with the absolute worst of the worst. Somebody gets fat paycheck for it and no one cares.

typical welfare queen

not me, I'm 0

he probably did have aids. that's scary shit man. goddamn shadow people. eh, never know. yea those fucking heebs can't resist a few extra shekels. thank you for your service!

and ignored him

I reckon you know more about dead gook piles and how to keep people off your lawn?

>implying swimming instructors don't have the most PTS inducing job

Shit, forgot the link

youtube.com/shared?ci=H2nU7uiIcKg

you also forgot to flush yourself down the toilet

He enlisted, they sent him there to do that. He got lucky, I say good for him

You think if we had the internets back then anyone would accept being drafted to die for those ungrateful gooks?

wrote one of the dullest franchises*

Army>Navy>Air Force>>>>>>Marines

Yup. Clint was a rich faggot actor. A proto-metrosexual. The tough guy thing is an act (duh, that's what he does).

I wonder what all those Thule Group Nazis told him about the Occult in their dying moments. They must have seen some next level Hellboy shit.

That love of Cartoons with his BFF

youtube.com/watch?v=0a23dqErYnw

>What kind of things has this man seen

I have an idea: ...

youtube.com/watch?v=FINwufXxaME

>death metal

>Sup Forums
>not Sup Forums
Newcuck detected

Hah, what a naive faggot you are. I guess bet you also think Anthony Hopkins isn't a genius psychopath who commits cannibalism.

>fighting and dying for his kike overlords
so heroic lmao, dumbass

Well, now we know where the hammy acting came from. Can't imagine the Marines being terribly tolerant of emotional outbursts.

so tired of Hollywood elites like cuckeast wood forcing their views down my throat

>invented the rifle