Which show fucked up harder?

Which show fucked up harder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FLPMZbspMUc
youtube.com/watch?v=A3XmjQySbL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sherlock. Takes them more than a year to write 3 episodes.

Dexter by far. The last season is so mind-blowingly terrible it's like watching your own autopsy.

Not to mention this proverbial middle finger.

Sherlock hasn't had anything as hilariously bad as Dexter's kid falling on the treadmill

Dexter.

Sherlock had one great episode the last season, and 2 okay ones. Dexter just went full retard and didn't give shit about anything.

The cgi explosion comes close

Sherlock only has to make 3 episodes. How do you even fuck that up?

Nothing in Sherlock comes close to this.

Sherlock, the fanbase is way more cancerous than Dexter's

Havent seen sherlock, how did it fuck up?

We're talking about shows, not fanbases.

it's the same thing on Sup Forums m8

why do you think we use "reddit' as an insult newfag?

Dexter, it was pure gold for 4 season, then become one of the worst shows on TV out of nowhere for the next 4 seasons.

Stop replying to this thread.

Yup and with Sherlock only season 1 was really good.

Dexter because of the structure
Literally nosedived

Sherlock is three episodes a season so disappointment is intrinsically more contained, given lesser reliance on continuity and hence lesser amounts of collateral damage

lmao

What did Sherlock do?

Why are there like 8 threads about this shitty show today?

dexter was only good till max season 2, then he got too much human like.

Nothing out of the ordinary for Sherlock. It's just that the last episode of series 4 aired last sunday.

People always overreact after every new series end.

But season 4 was the best season.

No it was not.

Worst scene ever?
youtube.com/watch?v=FLPMZbspMUc

Dexter by far. In its first 4 seasons it had two 9/10 seasons and one 8/10 season. Then there was a nice decline into the abyss with shit like and Season 1 of Sherlock was 6/10, season 2 was 4/10. I stopped watching after it became obvious they weren't going to answer how Sherlock survived the end of the season 2 finale. Even if Sherlock is now a 0/10 it cannot have fallen harder than Dexter did.

Dexter was so bad after Season 4.
Season 6 didn't even try to hide the "twist".
Season 8 was by far the worst season of any major TV show ever.
The second the showrunners/writers changed and wanted to make it for a broader audience, it went downhill.

You mean the second the show was written fy women.
>take over a show with strong elements of loneliness
>immediately give Dexter a sidekick, and a stronk womyn at that, and a story revolving around her being raped
>writing goes to shit

that's true

>literally just unplugs the bitch and rolls her out of there
>nobody notices at all
>hospital is conveniently 20 feet from the fucking port

Its like they wrote the first draft and said "yeah fuck it thats good"

Every episode is 90 minutes long. IT's like writing 3 movies in a little over a year.

Not to mention he throws her off the boat before sailing directly into a hurricane.

Then for some reason survives and decides do become a lumberjack in Canada.
youtube.com/watch?v=A3XmjQySbL0

KEK

>read the Dexter books
>they fall off just as hard
Seriously who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to have him fighting an ancient evil that possesses people?

that's 2 series episodes, stop being retarded

Also leaving his kid that he supposedly cared so much about to live with a serial killer in a foreign country

Most TV shows have 450 minutes long seasons
What is your point?

im glad i stopped watching after the john lithgow season

The books never tried to take themselves seriously. Wasn't Robo-Doakes in one of the first books?

Fuck it. Downloading Dexter Season 8 right now and I'm gonna watch the whole thing while getting drunk all day

>Robo-Doakes was in the books

WTF I thought it was just a joke this whole time

More like one of the lead writers stayed on and obnoxiously and forcibly inserted his shit poor ideas, made everyone who told him to fuck off move on, and then rehired people who would agree with him and never challenge him aka women

My point is that american tv is trash, production-wise compared to the work put on british shows.

it might be one of the worst written shows by end in existence. Some of the acting, someone needs that cutprint of Quinn in hospital looking at deb and you can see the cut they chose where he's like, I'm doing a stoic sad face then Nailed it

Nope. There is literally a photo somewhere that shows the showrunner surrounded by all of season 8's "writers" and literally all of them are women. every last one of them

>le black mirror omg le prime minister fucked a pig le god shave the queen
>the eastenders
>etc

garbage

I remember, its Coto and four chicks sitting on bleachers.

My download has 5 minutes left. Someone watch season 8 with me

About to start watching, will update with more shit that was utterly ridiculous about season 8

You've got it backwards. Almost all British shit is low budget, low production quality trash.

oh my god do you remember that terrible "hacker" character they built up in what, season 6? then in season 7, first episode, just kill him off?

hahaha and the incest plot from season 6, probably the season's only redeeming feature, just SNIPPED IN THE BUD, completely forgotten about

about 5 minutes into season 8

Should have known this season was gonna be shit when they dedicated a fucking park bench to LaGuerta. Dumb as hell

>creepy incest plot
>redeeming feature

It was the main signaling of how awful the show was about to get. I cant believe anybody actually enjoyed that garbage.

it's probably more the case that US shows have way more influence so everyone sees more US trash than british trash

the only shows americans get to see are the ones which do really well, which will have a tendency to be above average in quality

Thats what i meant. I guess he doesnt write himself. But he obviously had his own ideas about where to take the show. The rest of the writers couldn't deal with the direction he wanted, and he searched and searched until he found female writers who are too meek to challenge him and more open to

i thought there were a few good scenes where jennifer carpenter, even though she appeared to be morphing into some sort of fake tan oompa loompa, actually pulled off some pretty good acting, especially when she finds how just how far dexter's killing goes

hahaha i'm remembering more about the show - those fucking shitty side characters, WESTAWAUNT!!

You masochist you

ICONIC

Definitely Dexter, nothing can be worse then that stupid lumberjack ending.

The reason that cant be the case is there are so many dropped storylines like the incest plot or the Kyle Butler investigation or Quinn having evidence against Dexter, the fact that so many prominent themes were completely dropped between seasons suggests the exact opposite, that as showrunner he wasn't satisfied with any storylines, hence why none of them ever got wrapped up and why writers changed every season

The main thing I think we agree on is that the showrunner was the main reason the show went down the toilet, but I think it had to do with his inability to commit to a story rather than him forcing stories

Sherlock is massively overrated horseshit. They have 3 years to write 3 TV movies/6 episodes and yet they are somehow unable to make all of them at least good, not to mention great, like they should be after all the time it takes to produce them.

Dexter was top tier TV for 3-4 seasons, 12 episodes each.

there's always one retard that says this

there are plenty of good shows that don't take 3 fucking years to film 4:30 hours worth of content. just go look at the knick you dipshit, filming that is way more complicated than a bunch of cgi shit like sherlock

So the beginning of season 8 starts with Dexter trying to figure out where the fuck Deb is and they play it as some big mystery even though the second scene in the episode literally shows us shes alive and doing coke and whatnot

He eventually tracks her down to find she is fucking the guy shes supposed to be investigating, she claims its all a charade and pretty much tells an autistically frantic Dexter to fuck off

I do like this shot though

I forgot how hot Batista's sister was

I also forgot the black lady they shoehorned in and acted like shes been working there for years

I adore Dexter's first 4 series (I even tolerate 5)

Fuck that show really dropped it though. All of the things that made it good left, and all of the shitty shit remained.

reminder that astor is now legal and has a booty

Season 4 has been shit.
Sure the episodes are twice as long, but the actual on screen content is shit and poorly paced, so its barely watchable.

So far season 8 hasn't been too awful, then again I'm only halfway through episode 1

The concept of Dexter losing his shit and having fits of anger like choking out the guy who cut him off or basically telling a grieving Batista that Laguerta deserved to die

The introduction of Vogel and the serial killer who scoops out people's brains is pretty interesting, especially considering she is supposed to be an expert on profiling serial killers at a crucial time in Dexter's life where he's having trouble keeping his composure

Plus Debra is being very self destructive and maintaining a relationship with an unstable and violent criminal

The first half hour of this season was promising
How did this all go so horribly wrong?

>your son was a car seat

wat

>now

should've ended with him going into the hurricane

What baffles me about Dexter is that throughout the show you just new that they were always going to do a "Dexters been found out, all his friends are after him, there's no going back, this is the bitter end" last season. That was always a storyline they could have made the whole last season about, but no, the last season is the same bullshit again but 10x worse and the whole "end" of the show happens in the last half of the final episode, and he just becomes a lumberjack.

What a shitshow.

tl;dr - In Season 4 of Sherlock, a rich couple's son died in their car and nobody could figure out how and it turned out he dressed as a car seat.

IT'S JUST A PRANK BR-

Remember how it seemed like this guy knew about Dexter and was going to become a huge villain?

They should really put the cool sunglass YEEEEAAAAHHH guy from CIS in the end

>why don't you write three good movies a year?
But actually I agree with you. It's adapting existing stories into modern day, and then having 30 minutes of filler shit. That's 4/6ths of the work done for you off the bat

dexter because the first four seasons were god tier

That was a good one

And now Dexter randomly stabbed the unstable violent criminal, Debra makes a retarded face and complains about something, then Harrison disappears all within 60 seconds

One of the mexicans seemingly realizes Debra had the criminal guy fooled

Now Vogel showed up randomly while Dexter is sitting on the Laguerta bench, gives him pictures he drew of murdering people in crayon when he was a child. Hes like "Yo what the fuck lady" and she straight up says "You can't kill me I don't fit Harry's code" then drops the mic and walks off while Dexter makes this clueless face

There is already too much shit going on
>Self destructive whore sister
>Dexter losing his shit
>How does Vogel know about Harry's code
>Brain scooping serial killer
>What are the mexicans going to do
>Batista is a depressed little bitch

And to think they're going to add in more shit like Masuka's daughter and the moody teenager before we even get to knockoff Ryan Gosling

what the literal fuck

That just raises further questions

How do you dress as a car seat?

I'm seriously considering watching this now

What pisses me off about dexter is that it has almost endless potential for interesting storylines, it's about a forensic analyst, who's also a serial killer, who kills other serial killers.

The first four seasons more or less delivered on the premise, but the the last four were all just "DEXTER KILLS PEOPLE BUT OH NO HE MADE A MISTAKE AND HAS TO COVER HIS TRACKS AND OH NO THERES A NEW BIG BAD SERIAL KILLER HE WILL HAVE TO KILL BY THE END OF THE SEASON WHO HAS SOME QUIRKY WAY OF KILLING PEOPLE LIKE STEALING THEIR BRAINS BUT NO CHARACTER OUTSIDE OF THAT, BUT LUCKILY DEXTER HAS A STRONK BLONDE FEMALE SIDEKICK TO HELP HIM OUT, BUT OH NO DEXTER WANTS TO FUCK BUT HE CANT BECAUSE HES A SERIAL KILLLERRRRRR!?!?!?!"

Killing waifu Rita was the worst thing that ever happened to that show, the ending of season 4 is a more conclusive and satisfying ending than the whole series finale.

Rod Serling had to make 30 Twilight Zone episodes a year.

Holmes show on CBS has like 22 episodes or so every year, yet is better than Sherlock.

Gotta piss then I'm starting episode 2

Oh it's a fairly common prank I thought. You empty out the cushioning and sit on the mechanisms, but you're still hidden in the "skin" of the seat
but yeah, since the stories were made over 100 years ago, Holmes only takes cases that interest him. There was one that ended with him getting a free goose.

episode 2 of what?

I'm watching Season 8 of Dexter for shits and giggles

The first half hour of episode 1 set up some interesting ideas and the next 15 minutes shit already starts falling apart

Its like they wrote the premise then made up everything else on the day

So he isn't literally dressed as a car seat so much as he is hiding in the actual one? And he just got stuck or something?

>you will never watch a 1990s Harry Morgan cop drama

Yeah he was going to prank his dad by having him come out and check his car, while he thought his son was out on vacation. Then _something_ happens and a week later he's found dead at home in the car when he was supposed to be on vacation.

This desu

Misfits fell off pretty hard too. And I shudder to think of new inbetweeners. Not to mention le time travel man. Brits have nowhere to stand here

If Dexter ended on the 4th season people would be talking about how amazing that show was.

>I'm watching Season 8 of Dexter for shits and giggles
Season 8 is a great comedy.

First 3 minutes of episode 2

>LOL EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED BEFORE IS A LIE ITS NOT HARRY'S CODE IT WAS MINE ALL ALONG GOT U FUKIN GUD

>Dexter is upset she literally used him as a science project

>Vogel basically says "nigga i culd have had Harry leave you in the fuckin gutter you'd be in jail bitch"

retroactively ruining half the show's premise

>Lol here Dexter its part of a brain in a jar I think its from one of my former science project kindergarten of serial killers I need your help finding him

This would be pretty interesting if Vogel didn't give off creepy wanting to fuck Dexter vibes

Harry is the shittiest conscience ever

When watching that show, I'm not gonna lie, I did think to myself "she's gonna get really hot when she gets older".

So Debra is back to her obnoxious self, her self destructive habit didnt even last a whole episode

Vogel can't go to the police or FBI or whatever because she basically farmed serial killers, one of which she now believes is coming to get her

So she thinks a former patient of hers is trying to kill her, she can't go to the police or FBI because she basically created him, so instead of simply LEAVING MIAMI ON YOUR OWN TERMS AND GOING SOMEWHERE FAR AWAY, she seeks out ANOTHER former patient of hers

Is this bitch trying to die/get caught? I mean christ if they had made her a lumberjack that would have at least made sense

The mexicans are still watching Debra, literally nothing happening there

Dexter investigates a potential suspects house, police show up obviously trying to surround the guy at his house while Dexter is inside, the scene literally ends there

They don't show how he makes it out, he literally just slinks off screen and thats it

Welp I don't care anymore

>that second alien with the sphincter on its head

No each series has 3 episodes at 90 minutes each.