Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12141113
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCK NETFLIX

LONG LIVE BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO

>yay or nay
>yay
>ay

yes i have netflix, they have some decent shows.

I like a lot of their original show, i just don't get how the fuck they make their money since you have to pay for the service and have a limited selection, when i want something i just torrent it

>i just don't get how the fuck they make their money
>when i want something i just torrent it
maybe some people pay for it

I still have a subscription, I don't use it particularly often, but it's such an insignificant amount of money each month that I keep it.

I dropped Netflix over a year ago. Glad I did. I looked on my friend's Netflix recently and was confused out how little content was on it. Why do people still pay for this shit? I guess it's cheaper than renting a movie every night but holy shit the quality has dropped. 5 years ago it seemed like they had everything but now it's nothing. Too many services competing for content.

> mfw I can't ride my BMX bike to the grocery store with my friends to rent a VHS on a 90s Friday night anymore

I've never subscribed to Netflix.

Completely shit. Their original shows just keep getting worse and worse but people eat them up because they viral market the hell out of it.

>yesmovies.to exists
>people still pay $12.50 to watch the country bears

>never again will you push your hardest on your scooter to try and keep up with your brother on his bmx as you ride to blockbuster on a Friday evening after school to pick up some obscure Looney toons video

I have Netflix, It's seriously cheap for what you get and if you can't afford you're a poorfag that should consider NOT working at a mcdonalds.

I had to desubscribe. I can't watch anything longer than a gif anymore.

are you me?

Just because you can afford it doesn't justify having it.

Even Hulu fucking suck now. I just re-subbed and found out they no longer have the Criterion collection, because now Criterion is on their own streaming service. Fuck that.

There are no good streaming services left. You either have to subscribe to 10 different services or your left with shitty rips/streams for free.

>inb4 torrents and such. Nah son.

yes

i just wish they'd drop the physical availability meme. the entire library should be up for streaming all the time if you sub, this bullshit of rotating things in and out gets old after awhile.

I pay for large diner meals and plenty of laxatives for long-haul truckers I meet at truck-stops so they can shit down my throat. It's seriously cheap for what you get and if you can't afford you're a poorfag that should consider NOT working at a mcdonalds.

More importantly user, just think of the fact that the you that did this is no more. Even the atoms in your brain that make up those memories have been replaced entirely over the years, let alone the child you used to be. In the realest sense, that which happened then is no more.

can someone please explain why netflix has the WORST FUCKING MOVIE CATALOG?

i was looking up kinos and THEY HAD NOTHING

one after the other. nothing. only "buy it on DVD!"

why do people praise this? for meme TV shows and netflix originals and obscure red.dit bullshit?

strawpoll.me/12141113

It's called consumerism, commie bastard.
Just because you can survive drinking water doesn't mean you shouldn't drink alcohol and coke.

Yep. Gotta watch my Terrace House

I'm not the one who pays for it so yeah why not.

Is that good? Been meaning to check it out

>5 years ago it seemed like they had everything but now it's nothing. Too many services competing for content.
That's not what happened at all. The people who own the IP's just realized how valuable streaming rights were. You have to remember these people are "dinosaurs" and don't "get" technology. They didn't quite understand how valuable the rights were, sold them for dirt cheap and now that the licenses have expired they are raising prices or starting their own streaming channels.

This is why Netflix is focusing on creating original series THEY OWN and partnering with people like Disney because it's a better strategy. Otherwise they'd have to raise prices astronomically.

see the response I just gave above. If you aren't interested in their original content they aren't worth subbing to. I for one enjoyed some of their original movies and tv shows. However once I watched them all I just canceled because it's not worth keeping in the meantime.

>Their earnings are today

18,012,017?

The quality of their library has really dropped significantly over the past 5 years, now I spend more time trying to find something to watch than actually watching shit on there.

I'm almost tempted to drop them for hulu because of their criterion selection.

No more criterion sorry

Criterion is gone from hulu since Criterion is opening their own streaming service. The days of streaming services having everything is gone, get over it. They realized the value in the streaming rights and no service is going to be able to have multiple libraries for cheap anymore. It's going to become the next "cable" with expensive as fuck packages. Either that or they will focus on more original shows they own the rights to.

>mfw my sister has subs to netflix, hulu, amazon prime and a couple others and theres STILL nothing interesting to watch
This reminds me of how I felt shortly before we canceled our cable subscription years ago.
Its that empty feeling where nothing catches your eyes, and you just sorta sit there blankly, not really seeing the screen.

I've started feeling that way about video games over the years too.
I still play, but.. I know someday, that feeling will overtake me there too.

I don't get when people say the quality of movies is worst now then it used to be. It's always been 10% good movies, 90% shit. Now days they have double the movies then they had 5 years ago, so you notice the shitty ones much more.

That's not entirely true. The true gems have certainly always been a small minority but I would argue "good", "watchable" and "laughably bad" have been replaced with a much MUCH larger quantity of "unwatchable" movies. Movies devoid of merit who have no redeeming factors and aren't even amusing enough to make fun of.

3 years ago they had 6400 movies

Today jan 18th they have 4100 movies

I think what's more important about these numbers is the number of quality titles lost. 4100 movies isn't a bad number but when the majority of the 2000+ movies lost are the highest quality ones people would want to watch it's a big fucking problem. Having thousands of shit-tier movies and box office bombs doesn't do anyone any good. You can find most that shit for free on ad-supported streaming channels.

It exacerbates the problem described here in that many movies now don't have that same level of entertainment value.

>Yay

Yay

it's fun. It's not like any of the equivalent shows you'd think of over here. The house mates and are SUPER normal just young japanese people (although a lot of awkward shit happens and is hilarious to us) but the real fun is the host who you cut to 3 times an episode and they see the same edited down thing the viewer sees but you get to see them lose their fucking minds and make jokes. It's pretty comfy.

I just marathoned The Crown. Surprisingly good. Very good actually.

Netflix is trash. Its 4K bitrate is still fucking lower than the bitrate of a plain 1080p Blu Ray. Streaming will trap us into nonownership of media at a lower quality.

Holy shit how old are you? 40?

Nay, no-ad Hulu is much better