Explain to me the problem with AKIRA

explain to me the problem with AKIRA

it became generic dragon ball z shit at the end

No problems
I think 3 movies would have been better to adapt the story but the guy who wrote the manga adapted the film himself and he did a great job

It's retarded Jap writing.
Just like everything elses Japanese, they have no idea how to make a non retarded plot.

Should have been a 24 part high budget anime like Cowboy Bebop for example.

no it did not

>trilogy meme

jesus christ, Sup Forums

I don't have it on my HDD right now.

Let me remedy that.

There are zero problems with Akira. It is GOAT feature length animu.

is that what happened? i couldn't understand the ending of Akira, and i've read - and understood - Gravity's Rainbow.

literally nothing wrong with it
If cucks think they can write a better plot let them.

TETSUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's weeb trash

well yeah, who couldn't understand Blicero putting his fuckboy in a rocket and sending him to explode in England somewhere

CANADAAAAAAAAAA

There is no problem. It's a fucking masterpiece, bitchboi.

It's too good.

The story is mediocre and I personally dislike the style in which the characters faces were drawn.
Animation is pure kino though.

The manga is way better, the material doesnt translate well in the west and to cinema in general.

Its aesthetically a sequel to blade runner, and GITS is a sequel to it. Aesthetically of course.

(Dende's voice)

it has already begun.

right! it's what i'd do. "Gottfried, try to lean towards London, and scream out if you see Katje on your way down."

Anime is shit and should remain on its containment board.

shitposters are shit and should remain in Sup Forums.

Overproduced and in general just missed the mark.

Though it had hugely lofty ambitions it just couldn't realise them and ends up just being a demonstration of some great animation without much soul to it.

Not even one of the best anime movies, the story is uninteresting shit.
Only noteworthy thing about it is the phenomenal visuals.

When I was in a highschool a nigger made me watch this film because he literally couldn't stop sucking its dick.

Its alright, ending is gross as fuck though. I'm kind of a lightweight when it comes to movies though, don't watch any horror.

Cool story that builds to nothing

>watching paprika
>"hey this is a pretty cool concept, nice visuals"
>ending is pants-on-head retarded with giants fighting and eating each other with no real explanation as to why

>When I was in a highschool a nigger made me watch this film because he literally couldn't stop sucking its dick.

And that nigger was KANYE WEST!

Fucking this goddamit. Some anime has great ideas but in the end it always, always goes to shit. It's a shame really.

builds to nothing? the climax of the movie is insane and memorable as fuck.

Katsushiro Otomo hadn't completed the Akira manga when the movie went into production so the actual ending was still up in the air.
The soundtrack is still one of my all time favorites.

Why is it that whenever I hear of an older movie that is really popular, and I see all this aesthetic looking shit about it, but when I finally watch the movie the aesthetic parts are barely there?

For example, before I watched Akira, the only thing I knew about it was that it had cool looking motorcycles. That's all everyone talked about, the fucking motorcycles.

But what happens when I watch the movie? The motorcycles are barely fucking there. They serve absolutely no fucking purpose to the plot.

You fucking faggots. If you're going to talk about a movie, stop focusing on one small part of the movie. The same thing happened with Star Wars 1977. Fucking lightsabers is all you nerds talked about, but the lightsabers were only used by two fucking people in the movie.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the thought process of a contemporary child.

Rna out of budget to do the rest of story from the Manga...which also had not finished yet. Which kinda makes it more interesting but not necessarily better than.

It's not like they could have fit the rest of the manga's story into the timeframe of a movie.

Couldn't be further from the truth . It quite literally spurred the generation of Anime epics that came subsequently, Cinema and Television.

The movie was already out of production. Akira completed in 1990. The film was done for Japan release in 1988. .

Back you go.

most of the people that watch it don't even know what the fuck happened, and it's basically the movie's fault

overrated

I will admit the concept of an esper so powerful if he dies he will be unstopabble was nice, but I dont even remember the ending, pretty forgetful aside from a few scenes

I missed my chance to watch this in a theater with some Japanese people playing the soundtrack live.

Makes me want to kill myself desu

>tfw akira is one of the only anime where the characters actually look japanese

I say this shit all the time and the fucking new class of dorks can't seem to glean the draftsmanship. Now I know I'm not crazy.

what about this looks japanese to you, besides the black hair? just looks like a cartoon human to me

I don't think it has a problem.
It's pretty perfect.

I don't like it because it's popular and I didn't get it, therefore, it is overrated and bad.

People project a lot.

there isn't any
Akira's a top tier pleb filter

There hasn't been a live action remake yet. But, how things are these days, that's probably a good thing.

A lot of other anime have jap looking characters.

It's cuts like two-thirds of the original manga's story out

there's issues with backstory (re: protests, that weird cult, etc.) that come from the fact that it's adapted from such a long manga

You watched the movie because you wanted 2 hours worth of motorcycling?

I expected more motorcycling than I got. The way people were hyping that shit up, I thought the movie revolved around the idea of motorcycle gangs in a futuristic Tokyo.

*farts on you*

It's pretty much perfect. The way it ratchets up the intensity by stages toward the end is like tripping on mushrooms or something, I actually feel spent after watching it.

Shitty ending with a giant blob shit was stupid and made the movie a 3/5

suicide is painless brother

that ending made it a 10/10

Fuck no. What started out as a movie is call a classic went full fucking retard in the last 15 minutes