Is this the Twin Peaks of the 2010s?

Is this the Twin Peaks of the 2010s?

There's not that much mystique behind it. It's just manufactured glib iconography in the vein of ET or Thriller

Twin Peaks is going to be the Twin Peaks of the 2010s.

it's not the same kind of show at all

not even close, it's to straight forward with everything
I still like it though

No, but it's like the only kino to come out of Netflix besides Bojack.

too many niggers so I refused to watch

Are you autistic?

>Twin Peaks of the 2010s

No but this unironically is

The Office came out in the 2000s you dork

What's this?

>not that much mystique behind it
>secret government conspiracy
>children raised in secret government program
>alternative reality
>monsters in said reality
>no questions on any of this is really answered

and he says there is no mystique... what a stupid faggot

That was just from drugs, not reality.

Not at all.

What are you, six?

>I've never watched twin peaks

No, this is.

Are you not?

It's mad men
Not helpful

I did, it's a shit show compared to Stranger Things. Nobody cared about Twin Peaks until a bunch of millennials thought it was hip to like it.

The Sixth Sense

And all of those things are later explained through a dozen backstories leaving little mystery to them

ummm what backstory

Yeah, there weren't any little kids to keep my attention, or "Totally Radical!" 80s references, was Lynch even trying

It's only a shit show to those with short attention spans, friend

Thank you, I've heard a lot about this show but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Not really. Way too coherent, too short, not nearly enough red herrings and nonsensical random plotlines spewed into it to pad time.

terrific series. Can't wait for season 2.

I don't know why people get so hung up on nostalgia when probably 90% of their audience didn't live through the 80s.

Hell I only lived 1 year in the 80s and I felt no nostalgia at all. I saw ET maybe 2 decades ago, and I can see the obvious similarities, but I don't remember much from the movie. That is also the only 80s kids movie I've seen, other than princess pride.

no matter how you slice it, it's a great show. For now

This show literally has the shadow realm as a plot device, it is perfect.

No. Twin Peaks was original and there's nothing that could be compared to it for it's time. Stranger Things is the complete opposite of that.

Wasn't this supposed to be the Twin Peaks of the 2010s?

It has some similar plot elements, but the way its done is so different. Thats one of the things that disappointed me so much about ST: it had cool ideas, but the execution was so tame and safe.

this

are you the asshole of the century?

this post is tremendously well crafted bait. well done.
>why?
because you say you're an 80's kid and then admit to only having seen one 80s movie and therefore don't understand why stranger things is just a rip off of all 80s films.

I don't consider myself an 80s kid in the slightest

Carnivale is the Twin Peaks of the 21st century and nothing else is really worthy of being compared to Twin Peaks.

I'm in a similar boat. '88 here, was just a wee babby when the 80's ended. So I consider myself a 90's kid.

Amen

No.

Twin Peaks is actually good. ST is mediocre normie garbage.

>noooormieeeees
you fucking loser pleb