>what did they do to him?
it's a mystery

What is that hairstyle called?

Pio youth

>Tell my edgy atheist friends this is a good show
>They think I'm a religious weirdo
>Tell my religious friends this is a good show
>They think I'm an edgy atheist

>“I do not think that a Pope has real power to change people. But I think he has the power of suggestion. In this regard, Pope Francis is doing a lot. His charisma, his words, his behaviour and his actions influence many. But besides the momentary emotion that results from this, it will take time before the power of suggestion will take root in the spirit of the people.”

So, Sorrentino loves Papa Francesco. What now, edgemasters?

Does the kangaroo have any meaning? Im only on episode two but there was this part when he's eating dinner with Sister Mary and she's like
>and what about th kangaroo?!
And he was like
>shut up! Its just a coincidence!

Not sure if I missed something

He said no such thing. He just said he's an effective pope

>Make shit up
>get called a faggot

Faggot.

>friends

TO NOT FORGET

>vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/01/the-young-pope-hbo-review

HBO’s Vatican drama is darker and harsher than the memes would have you believe.

But . . . I don’t know. I’m having trouble reveling in it right now. The show’s accidental similarities to real-life events—Lenny was elected Pope in a stunning upset that confounded the Vatican establishment’s assumption that a more familiar veteran would win—are so keenly felt in the first half of the season that it makes for difficult viewing. I don’t really want to watch this amoral, perhaps insane autocrat exert his ordained might, upending an age-old institution while others fearfully scramble—disbelieving and caught entirely off guard—to save what they can. Sorry, that’s just not the kind of Sunday night I want to have right now. I’m sure those with stronger stomachs—or, indeed, different political sensibilities—will find something exciting or trenchant in The Young Pope’s political annihilation. But, for me, it’s no fun.
[...]
The main Italian in the cast is Silvio Orlando as a beleaguered, mole-flecked cardinal tasked with advising this cocky young Pope, and thwarted at nearly every turn. Cardinal Voiello is horrified by the new Pope’s flouting of tradition, his refusal to submit himself to observance of common courtesies and ethics. (Ugh.) Voiello plays the role of dutiful vizier when in the presence Pope Pius, though we know—and Lenny knows—that he’s much craftier and more resourceful than he lets on. A potentially satisfying bit of intrigue is developing there, but for my sanity’s sake, Voiello better be able to topple this frightening, power-mad narcissist.If not, all of Sorrentino’s style and quirky Euro humor will have been in the service of something rather cruel and redundant. We’ve already got a real authoritarian fox (Trump) in the henhouse to worry about. Lord help us, we don’t need another one on TV—blessed though he may be.

I'm genuinely shocked this wasn't written by a woman. Genuinely disappointed this appeared in a respected magazine instead of a fusion media blog

>friends

reminder that >In 1995, on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of cinema, the Vatican compiled a list of 45 "great films". The 45 movies are divided into three categories: religion, values, and art.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films

IS this worth watching? Or did Sup Forums overhype again?

link to the mega?

Yes. This, along with Westworld and True Detective, is some of the best TV ever. I truly believe that when historians look back on us they will see HBO as one of the paragons of American cultural achievement

It's on HBO Go. Please support the most important financier of art in the United States

already have HBO Now, but want to watch the rest

keked

Only half kidding