So, Sup Forums. I'm a spic, I wrote a script , for a friend of mine

So, Sup Forums. I'm a spic, I wrote a script , for a friend of mine.
We got the budget, and he saw the first draft and like it, but he said he will add a handful of small characters as he got a deal with a reenactment group.
This is a Rags to Riches story in a fantasy medieval setting.

What are some fantasy/medieval characters tropes you like, user?
Personally, I love the kind hearted fat priest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_2e7bX2oVlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How big is your budget? Is this a movie or some sort of LARP with pennies?

Also, what the fuck does you being a hispanic have to do with anything?

nothing but /pol forget that spain was also a medieval country like any other in europe

Pugilist or monk characters

>I'm a spic
stopped reading right there. Fuck off to your side of the wall faggot

buxom barmaids
crazy lepers/beggars
a pair of wisecracking peasants

Town rapist.

Movie. And didn't want to discusd budget as it is in pesos and I get lost on minutae in exchanges. It has about 6 main characters, 13 supports and minors, and like 40 extras, he wants more minor characters.

I like the wisecracking peasants.

check out /tg/. they've usually got great threads on exactly this topic

if you put gunpowder in it I swear to god I will kill you.

Dwarves are fucking gay

I also browse /tg/ and while I love /tg/ more than Sup Forums I just wanted so share some love here because there is an increase of lotr threads, more than usual, and it shows there are good people here too, like you, that turns the balance of Sup Forums more to the good side

Would you like Dragon's lungs dried and pulverised?

Ranger or druid who keeps an eye on a small village is always cool. Maybe a woodcutters outpost that is plagued by ettercaps

>low budget medieval setting

youtube.com/watch?v=_2e7bX2oVlQ

You should be worried about the plot/story not extra characters. What's the point of adding random archetypal characters if they just have one line/no lines?

I love fantasy chicks with like exaggerated body parts such as a dragon tail or cow tits

sentient healing tree wizards

the squire who becomes a knight early in life and much to his surprise

drunken songs of times long passed

a gnostic lone-wolf meta religion for the central heroes to adhere to

a blind, dumbed down, manipulative religion controlled by the evil forces of the realm, said religion should be responsible for slash and burn warfare in the name of its god

Magic that makes no sense, is genuinely otherworldly and strange, doesn't adhere to any seeming laws or rules of nature and isn't just flashy superpowers like magic in most things. As a result, proper wizards who study the secrets are furtive and weird.

>We got the budget

20 pesos aint enough for a RED. No way, Jose.

>This is a Rags to Riches story in a fantasy medieval setting.

Boring.

Film industry fag here. Went to film school, made/making my own films, work on small to giant productions and ive seen shit like this done to death. Be different and clever.

Since your a spic, consider doing a fantasy story truly based in your country. Like a poor ass little dark skinned kid finds out magic exists, and all that superstitious shit about muh brujeria and other cultish shit is real. Mexico style. That or a superpowered late teens Mexican kid who grew up poor as fuck discovers his super powers and uses them to help a friend who was abducted. He finds the friend, kills his abductors and bones out. But, consequences will never be the same when the gang kills the friend's family for ratting and shit goes out of control. Arc is the kid realizing he can't fix everything, and helping just makes shit worse. Boom, superhero origin story... in fucking Mexico.

You can shoot that shitshow on a fucking tiny budget and edit the whole thing on a macpro if you can get access to one. Train yourself up on premiere and aftereffects for special effects and how to shoot scenes for them. But that doesnt matter if you dont;

Concentrate on STORY and WHY IT MATTERS and WHY WE SHOULD EVEN CARE. What is the POINT OF INTEREST? The worry about VISUAL INTEREST in your shots and VISUAL STORYTELLING. Then worry about finding GOOD TALENT that are easy to look at and are true naturals.

Wait, why the fuck am I giving you hard-earned advice?

Edgy swordsman in black who wields a massive sword

Doctor who does crazy experiments on living subjects to further science. No one understands what he is doing and think he is insane or evil. Audience is not sure if he is good or bad, some experiments are unethical. Doctor could be nobility/landed gentry, or working for nobility.

>Wait, why the fuck am I giving you hard-earned advice?
Absolutely no clue since I don't need it nor ask for it. I have a small group of people that want's a part on the movie and I'm fishing for tropes Sup Forums would like to see. Nothing else, nothing more.

>I'm a spic

Just read Dungeon Meshi.