$160 million

>$160 million

So why did it flop?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=arrival2016.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because no one buys the whole strong womyn who needs no man bullshit

Someone either didn't see the film or didn't understand it.

I understood just fine, faglord

less people went to see it than the cost of producing it

the male actor looks like a fag, i dont even remember him from the movie except for being le funny supporting character.

also women just arent good leads sorry. the only people that like female leads don't see scifi because there's always a dozen other roms or romcoms or nigger movies out to see instead.

That's not even what this movie is about. It was bad, but not for that reason. If anything, it promotes motherhood and is pro-white babies. There is even a scene where Forrest Whittaker's character refers to abbos as a lesser race. It's actually pretty red-pilled on a few level.

What are you talking about? It only cost $47 million to produce.

so what was the point of aliums being there... and what did she get that made them break up?

Trailer made it seem bad and a strong women saves the world so I didn't watch it

Advertising cost $200 mill retard.

it was very pro-family and the womyn is actually shown as being one of the most frightened at the beginning

>"It's misogynist, I promise! You'll like it!"

What a pathetic sales pitch shills have to make to pander to Sup Forums.

>hello Im a giant dildo ayy lmao who makes fart sounds and lives in some mist.
10/10. could be directed by shalamdingdong

It didn't though. Stop with your circlejerk.

Just say it's a good movie, dipshit. You don't have to try to sell it with Sup Forums memes. If someone doesn't want to watch it because it has a woman, no amount of cocksucking from you is going to change their minds.

10 cents have been transferred on your account

source: I made it up

Thanks shill.

> why did it flop

Nobody has the attention span nor the critical thinking skills for serious films anymore. The top 10 grossing films of 2016 are literally all superhero flicks and childrens movies.

>so what was the point of aliums being there
to stop a threat that was going to come 3000 years later. to stop it we needed to learn their language or something

I like it, but to be honest, the story was underdeveloped and the sci-fi elements became clunky toward the end. The end result is the movie leaves you with an unsatisfied feeling. Re-watched it again recently after seeing it in the theater, and it doesn't hold up. It become a weaker movie every time you watch it.

In your dreams, fuckboy.

Deny it all you want, the movie has yet to break even.

Contact was great and had a female lead, this was fine too and nothing wrong with her acting. Script was a little weak and it didn't have an x man or a faggot in a sale or explosions so nobody paid attention.

Was an okay movie, not great.

>So why did it flop?

It didn't flop, you fucking moron. It was hugely profitable.

because jeremy renner is too problematic

contact's script was way better

Personally I feel asleep watching it, something something aliens, something something dead kid

Really makes you think.

This. I heard he is misogynistic.

Grossing $160 million on a $47 million budget is a lot better than breaking even, dumbass.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=arrival2016.htm

determinism lmao

it's not an action film
marketing wasn't great

>good
It was dogshit

This. I am sick of everyone assuming that the marketing budget is twice the production budget. That is only true of action/capeshit/etc. Most bigger budget films don't have a budget of more than 10-20 million, tops.

how the fuck can you something bullet proof and straight forward as an alien movie.

;_;

What part of $200 million on advertising do you not get?

>Jeremy Renner
thats why
He only works in large ensemble movies (avengers, american hustle)

Oh whatever, if they see the future they would've known that would happen. Abbott chose not to avoid it.

the fuck is up with her nostrils tho

Wanted to love this movie. Ended up hating it because of how lazy the entire thing was. This could've been so much more without all that pretentious drivel disguising itself as something deep. God, fuck this movie. Just when I thought I was getting a smarter alien movie, it turns out to be so far up its ass it's boring and thinks it's saying way more than it actually is.

>free will
>in a deterministic universe

That's called needing to be carried, numbnuts.

>Having a family is misogynistic
Well it worked. Fuck off to twitter or soemthing

Because it stole the name of a superior movie with Charlie Sheen, scorpions and kangaroo aliens

>tfw too intelligent to sell tickets

Contact was a box office flop too. The reason was because it was advertised as a sci-fi action blockbuster. People went to it expecting to see the next Independence Day but got a girly movie about feelings instead. No aliens. No lasers.

I don't know how this movie was advertised but it reminded me a lot of Contact. I love both movies and saw both in the theater. If Arrival had box office problems maybe it was for the same reason Contact did.

I actually loved the movie. Def favorite of the year so far (haven't seen moonlight or la la land yet)

I'm surprised it flopped. Probably because people want to see war and explosions with the ayyys like this user saidWhat made me love the movie even more was the ending she knew that her daughter was going to have an incurable disease and die yet decided to have her anyways

That's what jeremy meant by when he said "you made the wrong choice" right?

And he got mad at her?

What makes the universe deterministic is that literally no one can see the future with 100% accuracy.

If you could, you effectively render that future inaccurate just by virtue of knowing. There was literally nothing stopping Amy Adams from simply deciding never to have children or to try with a different partner.

No free will in a deterministic universe

Looks like you dont understand what determinism is

>there was literally nothing stopping amy Adams from not deciding

Exactly, she CHOSE to go thru with it. That's what made the ending that much more incredible

A line she says from the movie is
>If you could see your whole life laid out in front of you, would you change things?

Fucking goat imo

Not an argument.

it was a rhetorical question.
Everything she sees in the future happens. At no point does she make any attempt to change anything

Maybe she chose not to change it because she was a woman. A man would've tried to change his fate.

2deep4u story

you seem not to understand determinism

Maybe because determinism is for women and fags. Men make their own destiny.

retardation reach untold levels

determinism is bullshit

muh heisenberg's uncertainty principle

we are talking about the movie not reality.

>the movie is bullshit
well youre right

it didn't.

>So why did it flop?

>white woman saves everything

There's your problem.

Women can't save themselves, let alone the world. Hell, the bitches can't even open a peanut butter jar unless a man is there to help her.

Who the fuck wants to see that ridiculous bullshit?

but with a nigger it would be oscar worthy, rught?

It literally didn't. Kill yourself

>200 million on advertising
Just stop. There is no way they spent that much. Most people haven't heard of the movie unless it is from somebody who has seen it.

Amy adams was terrible and ugly

Its the most straightforward scifi since nolan

>$200 million on advertising
wew lad

I don't even think Rogue One spent that much. Way to pull that number out your ass.

>DUDE 4x BUDGET IS SPENT ON ADVERTISING LMAO

>I'll answer his bait with my counterbait!

you're both pretty stupid

They weren't airing commercials like this was the next Avengers nerdboy, grow up

it should have been longer

end felt rushed

The cover is shit, no ine trusts media reviews. And there was hardly any advertising and no hook

Your average Sup Forumseddit opinion on Sup Forums in the year of our lord 2017

Bad movie from the director that makes nothing but pleb bait trash movies

>$200 mill

I love this meme.

It's very slow paced and totally lacks action. The whole story could be told in a proper short film.

>amy adams
>jeremy Renner
10000% the reason. They are both terrible on scree

>you made the wrong choice
The wrong choice was to tell him. Unlike Louise, he couldn't live and love his daughter knowing she'll die painfully in a few years or so.

>$47 million budget
>$160 million box office
>Flop
What did Sup Forums mean by this?

words "star" and "wars" are nowhere to be found in the title

>WW gross more than 3x the budget

We've been through this

If that's not some reddit meme here, then nothing is.

> Movie about cosmic whale turd and stronk womyn making conversation with parasites living in this cosmic whale stool