The producers and distributor of the upcoming film "A Dog's Purpose" are defending their on-set practices after a video...

>The producers and distributor of the upcoming film "A Dog's Purpose" are defending their on-set practices after a video from the movie's set appeared to show a dog in distress while filming a stunt.
>On Wednesday, TMZ published a minute-long video that showed a German Shepherd unwilling to perform a stunt in rushing water and in danger of drowning when eventually submerged in the pool.

OH LORDY

cnn.com/2017/01/18/entertainment/a-dogs-purpose-disturbing-video/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=csLiYr5OGbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That fucking tweet though

>As a proud owner of a rescued dog
>And fervent supporter of PETA

The one thing dogs need the most rescuing from is fucking PETAs industrial euthanization factory.

You could tell from the start there was something off about this movie

Sorry I don't read fake news

This is picking up a lot of steam in the news really quickly. This movie DOA?

This movie looks fucking weird anyway, seriously who would go watch this movie.

Seriously there must be some mk ultra trigger word in it or something because only weirdos would see that piece of shit.

I believe that 95% of PETA "rescues" are euthanized. They also released very misleading information about sheep shearing and the sheep shearing industry.

I like dogs, so the video pissed me off, but I wasn't going to watch this crap anyway because I'm not some sentimental cunt.

A movie about how awesome dogs are gets bad press because they had to abuse dogs to make it... I guess that's good schadenfreude?

At least they didn't crash a helicopter into them.

youtube.com/watch?v=csLiYr5OGbg

A DOGS PURPOSE IS TO MAKE US MILLIONS

NOW WHEN I SAY FUCKING DROWN YOU DROWN YOU FUCKING DUMB DOG

>but I wasn't going to watch this crap anyway because I'm not some sentimental cunt.

Wow bro, I hope I can grow up to be such a bad ass at 16 like you.

If it wasn't before it is now.

You're pretty cool for a 12 year old, kid... ha ha not.

This movie is fucked beyond saving now

Rip doggo.... F ;__;

Im not going to defend them, but TMZ did some pretty interesting cuts with that clip

You dont see how the dog reacts when he is actually in the water, and when the dog supposedly "almost drowns" they cut the clip immediately instead of you seeing the dog in distress getting rescued.

The outrage is going to be bad though

all movies about cute animals abuse the cute animals. In fact, any entertainment involving animals is made by torturing the animals.

yes mrs. 22 year old middle class liberal who rode an elephant when she went to south east asia. that elephant is beaten daily

Do you really have to beat elephants daily? I thought they were like horses like once you train them you don't have to smack them around.

This movie is sadistic

I wonder who could be behind this.

Boohoo a dog got a bit wet, who cares

Inb4 pulled from theaters

Is this seriously the plot of the movie?

Not only is it awful, its filled with moments meant to browbeat young children into crying and feeling sad

They maimed, injured and killed a bunch of puppies and kittens during the making of Milo and Otis.

They cut out a bunch of scenes for the American version.

They made the puppy fight a bear.

>eating animals for meat is fine
>riding animals around is fine
>testing cosmetics and drugs on animal is fine
>inducing cancer in rats before killing them is fine

but WOAH, you weren't as nice as you could have been to an animal on set? hold the fucking phone!

My german shepherd behaves the same way when I try to give him a bath. He fights me the whole way, tries to escape and whines the entire time but then he forgets about it 2 minutes later.

>Sup Forums mercilessly makes fun of asians for torturing dogs
AT LEAST THE CHINESE EAT THE DOG AFTERWARDS

>They made the puppy fight a bear.
Who won?

>Not only is it awful, its filled with moments meant to browbeat young children into crying and feeling sad

Wow bro, I hope I can grow up to be such a bad ass at 16 like you.

A DOG GOT WET! PUT UP THE SIREN ON DRUDGE!!

The commercials made me want to kill myself. Like I want to see dogs killed over and over for some cheap emotional gimmick mixed with some retarded reincarnation plot

Animal abuse is literally the only crime that pisses me off

>i dont like them shoehorning unnecessary sad moments into the show
>im a bad ass

I dont get it

this desu
I really do not give a shit about animals, but the hypocrisy hugely

Not as bad as the scene in Army Dogs

I like certain animals more than others

they did one picture about cow milk with pus and blood inside and shit, claiming that was the normal cow milk we are all drinking daily
a bunch of vegan cucks spreading that shit everywhere
turn out it was bullshit and debunked instantly by a ton of people who actually worked on farm b4

I don't think I can watch dogs get killed in IMAX bros

>Sup Forums is now at the point where they think caring about dogs is reddit tier
>writing edgy comments about animal abuse for (You)s

should Hiro close Sup Forums?

Does the end justify the means?

Hurting animals for
>sustenance, health and safety for humans
vs
>a crappy movie

What he said wasn't edgy at all.
>ha ha ha not
>not
>2017 A.D.
>Still using the "Not" joke

Did the dog survive though?

>killing them is now classified as just "hurting"

I wasn't going to see this movie since it looked like lazy pandering schlock, but now I have a reason to tell others not to see it too.

>that ending

jesus Christ.

Although, to be fair, this is the book's plot, not the movies. You can tell from the trailer they have altered a significant portion of the plot. The "main" human is no longer elderly when they reunite, and the dog shows signs that he's the original dog, and it sounds like his first "life" will be the one with the kid who turns into the adult he finds again.

Your a cool guy... not.

he died

Who gives a fuck about rats, chickens and cows? Fuck off hippie

>that fucking karmic wheel of suffering as a dog

Where's Dog Buddha?

It hits too close to home for me. I couldnt stand sitting 2 hours watching a series families lose their dog over and over. On paper its a stupid idea for a movie, and when you think about it, its disgusting the emotional shit its pulling trying to make the movie seem deep or whatever the hell the intent was

If you want to differentiate the two go ahead.

But as soon as you do that, your whole argument here
is comparing apples to oranges and is frivolous.

>thinks dogs are on the same level as rats

nigger/arab/asian detected

It has nothing to do with that, it's just that people have more sympathy for dogs and generally it's easier to compartmentalize shit that is "out of sight, out of mind". A lot of shit that humans do to animals is not necessary for our survival at all, it's just convenient, pleasurable, and/or profitable. Morality never comes into the equation.

Rich white folks in Hollywood like to pretend that death or pain does not exist, so questionable treatment of a dog serves them as an unwanted reality check they want gone.

>rich white folks
And i stopped reading

yes, (((white))) folks in hollywood

I'm a catfag and even I don't think I could

>TMZ releases an edited video implying animal abuse on-set of the movie
>Then release an article saying the dog was fine and there was no such animal abuse
What is their endgame?

The actual video isn't anywhere as near as bad as the edited piece of shit TMZ put out.

yeah, that part was ok for me. But what about risking the dog's life? Right at the end, when it nearly drowns.

>A lot of shit that humans do to animals is not necessary for our survival at all, it's just convenient, pleasurable, and/or profitable

Go on, enlighten us.

Most normal people put butchering and animal testing out of sight out of mind because they know the ends justify the means. Necessary evil they can cope with.

Where is this large amount of animal cruelty that has nothing to do with survival come from?

You know, other than shit like the Circus or movies. The shit normal people already complain about?

>some soulless robot edited a dog's suffering to be WORSE
TMZ sounds like the perfect place for them actually

What THE FUCK! This is afucking kdis movie?! Holy shit

>hey here's a puppy! HAHAHA HE"S BEING PUT DOWN HAHAAH FUCKING KIDS!
>oh shit he's back and he's a puppy again! YEAH!
>awww he's old TIME TO DIE AGAIN HAHAHA
>oh shit the puppies a girl now hahaha so randum!
>oh shit we shot the dog hahahaha
>awww the dog is old again boohoo kids dead again
>oh look it's the owner from before! PLOT TWIST the dudes dying now hahaha

Jeezus christ man how the fuck is this a kids movie

Looking for clicks and views, but have to cover their asses legally when the movie company gets pissed and goes after them.

I know it cause I am one.

>Catfag

You know putting fag in the post is just redundant.

The movie alters much of the book's plot, although obviously the dog has to die to be reincarnated

Sauce on the video?

what an emotional rollercoaster. kid me would have cried like a bitch

marketing

Sure thing Tyrone

>see the trailer before Hidden Figures
>old dog lying on floor
>"I knew my time with my master was growing short"
>tears well up instantly
>excuse myself to the bathroom and never come back

$10.50 wasted

Trying to capitalize on the popularity of Marley and Me's soul crushing sadness.

Too bad they missed the point

>CUT IT, CUT IT, CUT IT

>apprehensive dog gets a bit wet
OH MY GOD ANIMAL ABUSE ANIMAL ABUSE. Fuck off.

>they know the ends justify the means

Are you really that naive? Goddamn.

They put it out of sight out of mind because they don't CARE. It has nothing to do with moral judgements. Sorry to shatter your faith in humanity but thems the breaks. Most people do not care about the suffering of beings they've never met, and even if they "care" they won't do anything meaningful to fix it.

>Where is this large amount of animal cruelty that has nothing to do with survival come from?

Are you really going to ignore that someone already brought it up? The only thing that's truly necessary for survival on there is meat eating, and even then we do it to an absurd excess, far beyond what we require. Because, like I said, it's convenient, pleasurable, and profitable.

Listen, I'm not even trying to be judgemental about whatever your or anyone else's lifestyle. Just don't be hypocritical, and don't pretend that the average human being is this enlightened moral philosopher who weighs the "pros and cons" of their actions.

Look everyone, it's one of those edgy contrarians Sup Forums is famous for

There's a fucking video.

>being consistent and self-aware is contrarian

Not him but fuck off. Stop getting so easily emotionally manipulated.

>people hate when the cute loyal dog dies or is in distress in movies
>make a fun family movie aimed at kids
>have the dog die several times and reincarnate every time

what the fuck? was this a money laundering thing?

No, you idiot. It's the plot from the book, where the movie is adapted from.

I'm seeing more awareness being spread about that shit to be fair.

it is supposed to teach kids that reincarnation is real, but its really not

>It has nothing to do with moral judgements.
>even if they "care" they won't do anything meaningful to fix it.

Thats a pretty nice contradiction to complete this gigantic fucking projection.

>The only thing that's truly necessary for survival on there is meat eating

Yes, trying to cure diseases doesnt help survival
Animal husbandry didnt at all help survival
Testing drugs that directly impact our survival has nothing to do with survival.

But of course everyone is apathetic and ill informed about everything in the world.
Only you on your soap box are truly enlightened about such hard to understand concepts like where meat comes from, or how a drug trial works.

Implying

Doesnt sound like a kids book to me, but it does sound like a shitty cashgrab kids movie

At least my animal isn't a subservient piece of garbage

Yeah, instead the owner is the subservient garbage in the cat relationship.

If putting an animal in distress is cruelty then what the hell is society? My typical morning commute is more distressful then that.

>mfw they cut out the part he's reincarnated and ends up with a zoophile
>becomes a movie star, but forced to do wierd stuff with humans
>ends up eating chocolate on purpose to kill himself and escape them

Traumatizing a dog to make shekels is not right, you fucking faggot.

Pretty manipulative story tbhfam.

Dog handler is clearly trying to ease the dog into the water without harming him, they had trained for this stunt for days. Notice he didn't throw the dog in despite what the narrator guy was saying.

Then the video just cuts to the dog going underwater, where there's a crew ready to help him and get him out of the water on a moments notice.

Someone just wanted TMZbucks and edited this in a way to ruin the movie.

Most people will get mad without even watching the video.
Its really sad honestly

The audience.

For example, we could at least give the pigs we eat enough room to turn around. But it's too expensive, so they live their whole lives not being able to move.

1. Who thought of this crazy idea?

2. Jesus Christ, kids are going to want to kill themselves.

>inducing cancer in rats before killing them is fine

If you've ever been vaccinated or used any kind of medicine, you're in no position to whine about this.

Yep. I love dogs and honestly didn't have any problem with the first video, it wasn't abuse the dog just didn't wanna fuckin do it. Same reaction when my dogs need to take their medicine. It's not like he was whimpering or anything.

The 2nd clip though, the way everybody rushed over makes me think there were some safety issues.

it's just a fucking dog. get over it.