ITT: Post movies that just... exist. As in, they have left absolutely no impact on humanity's collective consciousness

ITT: Post movies that just... exist. As in, they have left absolutely no impact on humanity's collective consciousness.

Pic related. It's top forgettable-tier cinema.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ux1hpLvqMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>some executive out there thought Ed Helms could carry a movie by himself

There are literally thousands per year. If you think about it, there are about 10 or so movies per year that stand the test of time. The rest are all watch 'em and forget 'em.

>that apatow style poster

Ed Helms really thought he could be the next Steve Carell. Imagine how excited he was when Steve left The Office and Andy became the boss, and then ruined the whole fucking show.

>left absolutely no impact on humanity's collective consciousness.

And yet here we are talking about it.

hmm, really makes you think

You can be aware of a film's existence, just like you can be aware that there are hundreds of different brands of Mayonnaise. It doesn't mean you give a shit.

I live in Cedar rapids, AMA

I actually saw this 5 years ago, and not once since has it crossed my mind. Good example OP

The Adjustment Bureau
Extract
The Wild

This movie is an enigma. It's completely forgettable, but it also has the worst movie title of all time and it's responsible for shutting down an entire animation studio.

It impacted the world like a pebble-sized meteor made of feces.

That's a really comfy name.

I'm like 90% sure I watched this movie, but I don't remember anything that happened in it. It's like a dramedy wannabe-indie thing yeah?

It's clearly indicative of giving some shits, however minor.

Tree of Life

The Wild is sometimes mentioned in RLM threads because one of their friends voiced a character in it

Does everyone walk around quoting that shitty Clinton vine?

I don't get how Bob Odenkirk can be so talented and funny and still produce absolute dog shit like this. He also directed Brothers Solomon which was just as shitty.

it also bombed so hard they hard to rename John Carter of Mars to John Carter, confusing the hell out the potential audience and helping to bomb that movie too. It literally bombed 2 big budget movies.

>The Adjustment Bureau

Wow I completely forgot about that one. I think it starred Matt Damon?

Listen, until someone creates a machine that can calculate the EXACT percentage of alleged shits that a person can give, that remains debatable.

Wrong.

Edge of Tomorrow.

>that cliffhanger ending

I watched it last year and it wasn't as shitty as I remembered, but it was still extremely meh.

City is fairly comfy besides the Chicago imports. Wannabe gangsters and shit.
Nah, downtown is a bunch of artfags/theater people talking about coffee and shit

probably 95% of all movies that come out every year

>tfw this was the movie that made shia go crazy because he found out the truth

youtube.com/watch?v=3ux1hpLvqMw

I was looking forward to this and Spring Breakers, seems like they should have switched directors.

Literally came out 3 months ago and is completely forgotten. SAD!

This is the first time I am reading of this movie.

kek

Wasn't this a toy line a decade ago or something?

I THINK this movie exists. desu I'm not 100% sure.

That movie with Keanu and Morgan Freeman about a water bomb or something.

I don't know it pops up in my mind every year or so.

Wow... Indianapolis didn't even look like that, there's so many inaccuracies on that image alone

t. someone who has studied photographs of the Indianapolis when I made a 1/350 model a few months ago.

pic related, what it looked like just prior to its sinking. They got the upper hull structures completely wrong, and put what looks like 5" twin gun turrets on the side, which the Indy never had. It had eight 5"/25 cal anti aircraft guns in an open, single mount.

The hull isn't even close to being right this is triggering me so hard right now. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I loved The Adjustment Bureau.

Will Arnett

that how all comedy movie posters were for like, 5 years.

> posts women will never understand

This shit flopped hard. And I think I only saw one commercial for it.

8/8
here's your (you)

you can see the glue on Cage's wig in the poster

But was it autism?

*tips fedora*

they were all probably high as shit and it was just a ploy to bilk investors out of money anyway

How do you take such a cool concept for a movie and make it so fucking shitty?

I remember wanting to see this and a week after it came out I didn't hear a peep about it.
Is it actually worth watching?

I know superhero movies are a diamond dozen, but for all intensive purposes, this was a good one. The only reason people forgot about it was because Dr. Strange isn't as well-known as the other Marvel heroes.

>forgetting dane cook did some acting

woah? haha uhh? haha haha uhhmmm? haha lol?

also a dane cook film

you just reminded me of this

Woman detected

Thanks for reminding me of this completely unremarkable movie. Literally all I remember about it is "it's in a store and Dane Cook is in it"

Kek so did I but it really is super forgettable. This is the second time I've thought about since seeing it years ago

That movie played on Comedy Central like every fucking day for a decade.

Comedy Central used to play this all the time. I would come home from work at 2 in the morning and turn the tv on while I made food, and I swear I caught the intro to this movie a dozen times. I watched it once and that intro is all I remember. Just a shot of the desert.

Yes, thats why people forgot all about Guardians of the Galaxy.

>more dane cook

So, what, they just stopped playing it recently? It came out in 2006. I haven't watched Comedy Central for a while.

And the most fucked up thing is, it's probably the most solidly written film I've ever seen.

Featured a lot of people who would go on to be really big the next year, like Ken Jeong before The Hangover, Jane Lynch before Glee (I know she was in stuff before Glee, but Glee is where she really took off for normies), etc.

lol wtf is this shit

>both poster have blue and orange color tone
oh mid 2000s

this was alright, wasnt great

>only 10 a year

So there's only 50 good movies?

I vaguely remember that movie. Wasn't there a little black kid, too? I might be mixing it up with taht one Owen Wilson did that was kind of similar.

>intensive purposes
Don't wanna be a cunt, but it's intents and purposes

Similarly, Adjustment Bureau always sticks out to me because it was covered in the first episode of Half in the Bag.

I was being hyperbolic, but I specifically remember there being months during the summer in high school when it felt like I'd see that shit on multiple times a day, every single day. I didn't know when it came out.

When were you in high school? It's possible I just never happened to catch it.

>be a huge fan of the book, one of my favorites of all time growing up
>movie has NOTHING to do with the book beyond character names
>there powers are completely different as well

what the fuck

>Mike Judge
>Bateman
>Bin Al'Fek

This could be good. Is it?

this piece of crap.

one of those movies that somehow manages to pull together actors and people and cgi money and a director, and somehow you end up with something so un-entertaining i dont even remember anything about it, just how bored i was

Athena was far more interesting than the blonde girl.

>Not just making it two hours of her beating the fuck out of other machines and bickering with Clooney

I really like everything in that movie before the overlong larp ending.

Collateral Beauty is one of the shittiest movie titles ever

Yeah it had the black kid from the PSP commercials

i saw this, what was this about? politics?

Except I still say HBO's The Wire, exactly like the black guy from that movie every time I end up in a conversation about HBO's The Wire.

women remember it.

You're now remembering all those awkward Beaches Resort ads that were shilling this piece of shit.

It was about cold fusion.

>12% on RT

Now i have to watch this train wreck

every tom cruise movie after interview with a vampire.

prove me wrong.

You're right, I remember this movie being ran on that shithole like they had nothing else.
It came out in 2006 and was ran circa 2008/2009, I didn't keep track but if it was ran through 2012 it wouldn't surprise me.
It was the last days I had cable and I remember thinking CC ran such frequent garbage.

Not nearly as good as it should have been.