Literally no one is better than this man at making pop-kino

Prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7o0rvVxU0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just what I thought.

his dead brother

He's a national treasure. He should reboot his hovis bread advert.

People often aren't conscious of it, but Ridley Scott is an extremely influential filmmaker.

>80 years old soon

he'll be making movies for at least 20 more years, right? he looks fine.

I truly believe its because he doesn't write his own films. I think people think it makes him "less than".

wrong brother

youtube.com/watch?v=_7o0rvVxU0w

>that shit eating grin at the end

Didn't he write Alien?

Nope

Ol' Jimbo

Ridley Scott makes good pop-movies. In this age of flicks he looks better than he is. He's not bad but in the 70s he doesn't stand out so much.

That was Dan O'Bannon. And maybe a couple of other guys too.

No, that was Dan O'Bannon.

>in the 70s he doesn't stand out so much
Really? No one could match him in visuals.

I don't know about that. His best looking stuff like Black Rain and Alien still isn't all time goat. Their peers look as nice. And of course Blade Runner was influential as hell but I think that that was more of a perfect time and place everything just worked when it shouldn't have type thing.

Maybe not all time goat but best in the pop film category. Who do you believe ranks above him?

Not to mention all the other duties of a director. He has brought some absolutely incredible performances from actors and is a master of creating atmosphere.

I think that the standard for studio movies was much higher pre-80s to the point where there isn't really what we know as 'pop' now, it was more just arthouse and the rest. And a lot of the rest were on par with high-tier pop now.

His brother was superior in every way

That movie's second half is a shitty revenge power-fantasy. Not as obnoxious as John Wick but pretty painful after the first half is so solid.

except john wick is actually good you nigger loving faggot

I was going to say Tom Hooper, as two of his movies from this decade are 400M grossing at the BO and they are sophisticated, especially Les Mis.

David yates he makes varrying degrees of kino and is the fifth highest grossing director of all time. He can make your flickino, popkino, pure kino and absolute kinography.

His best movies are The Duellist and Alien.

Nothing else he's made comes close.

people who don't watch a lot of film don't appreciate Yates' mastery

>it's a "television director transfers over to tv with a horrible visual style doing badly-written screenplays from children's books" episode

>using this same discreting for months episode
Watch more film

Is that David Yates? He makes wandkino for the few and not the masses.

I've watched more film than you've fantasized about watching. David Yates is shit and the Harry Potter movies are terrible.

Tony Scott was much better at making crowdpleasing, fun action blockbuster. He hasn't made a movie that wasn't entertaining. Ridley has a bunch of duds and a lot of his movies are boring.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

YOU SHITPOST HERE 15 HOURS A DAY AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF YOU ARE A ROBOT WHO DOESNT KNOW GOOD DIRECTING

Based yates

Is he /ourrguy/? He upsets that one annoying autist who has tourettes and pastas

>I'll shoot everything with a gray color filter and under the most overcast day possible with low lighting and basic framing, that's a neat trick!

he made the best ones along with cuaron, good for him

sure thing 13 year old