What the fuck?

What the fuck?

This movie was absolute dogshit. You fuckers lied to me again.

Take out the annoying kid, trim some of the other scenes and just make it about racing. Sometimes simple is better.

When I first watched it back when it came out, I didn't really like it. But I recently saw it again and loved it. Once you accept and get into the zany, cartoony style, it's kino af. Standout moments to me include Speed racing his brother's ghostcar (interweaved with complex exposition & emotion), Royalton explaining his version of what racing is really about, and the trippy, transcendental finish.

Agreed OP, I couldn't finish it

Could have done without the first 20 minutes. It was EXTREMELY redundant as they even reused some of that footage during exposition later on.

What a pleb.

Speed Racer is a kids movie, just like Speed Racer the cartoon was for kids.

But the movie was shit. The cartoon isn't.

I think they actually captured the ridiculous nature of the original show as well as a live action adaptation could.

Speed Racer is the ultimate pleb filter. Also, the guy from Lost thinks he's Racer X IRL.

What the fuck?

Op made another shit thread. Time to sage and hide thread.

I watched it in the theatres back then and I absolutely loved it.

When i watched it again it dragged on for too long for my taste, and the kid-monkey scenes were too cringeful for me, even if that was the purpose. But I still like it.

Weeell, this is the experimental film that tried to push boundaries of the live action & anime which is based on. Nobody could've done, but Wachowskis who just got off from Matrix franchise. I really love turmendous efforts, though. If you want something that more realistic, you can watch "Knight Rider" anytime.

I hear you man.
I saw 13th warrior last night. Never trust Sup Forums, to them Iron Man 3 is the modern day Citizen Kane

Its a pop-art film plebs like you wouldn't understand. Don't feel too bad about it.

For a piece of pop-junk it's very ambitious. Not loads more you can say than that though. A few of the racing sequences are interesting but 90% of the car stuff is just bright candy coloured bullshit being blasted into your eyeballs. Also the stuff about family and racing spirit was solid but could have been much better with simple stuff fixed like the opening being smoother and the ending cutting out those fucking flashbacks that kill what could have been a great climax.

Watch it again I didn't like it years ago but I do now. Like the PEST.

The film looks hideous. Yeah it's "ambitious" and "visually unique" but it makes my eyes bleed to actually watch it. Reminds me of those terrible Alice in Wonderland Tim Burton films. They had a vision for the look of the films, and it's a vision that I hate.

>there are people in this thread that cant appreciate the grandeur of the final race scenes

Speed Racer was everything you could hope for in a live-action adaptation of the cartoon.

Fantastic movie.

film is truly visually original
naratively original

actually tells a story about human nature.

why is this movie shit ? because it's not you just have no comprehension of what a film is supposed to be.

>using Citizen Kane as epitome
I want Ribbit to leave.

What the fuck is going on with the perspective of those cars? They just look pasted from completely different shots.

The yellow one won't even be able to move, it's wheels are suspended above the track.

Hopefully 4K will revive this movie. Seeing this on IMAX was wonderful.

>shitting on Wachowskis, McTiernan AND Shane Black, all in one thread
I really want reddit to leave

It should have been set in the 60's and been a pulp adventure with racing, intrigue and killing.

That goofy kiddy future shit was awful.

Seeing as how bad Speed Racer was received, I doubt it.

It's still the benchmark in my Blu-Ray collection, a 4K Blu-Ray remaster with HDR, etc, would be glorious.

DEM COLOURS

>Cool beans

>benchmark in my Blu-Ray collection,
But there are movies with better colors.