Children of Men

Children of Men. I love this movie, easily one of my favorites. The Cinematography, the acting, the action sequences, most of the dialogue is incredible. Great performances too, especially based Clive Owen. What are your thoughts Sup Forums is it dank or nah?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ9J-dxEgY4
youtube.com/watch?v=-IYxwFylI8w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Men#Contemporary_references
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love it except for the fact that bongland looks more and more like it every day which is a bit depressing

>"These fucking third world refugee shitskins are shitting up our country"
How did they get away with this?

Made me really want to help out the refugee crisis

I get what you're saying.

All the more realistic friendo.
It's such an eerie vibe

Pure 10/10 movie in every way. Absolute work of art will be remembered as one of the GOAT films. Anyone who rates it lower than an 8 is a contrarian shithead.

I love it too

I love all of alfonso cuarons movies, he might be my favorite director

Does anyone else call them fugees now too? I do.

ONLY BRITAIN SOLDIERS ON

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ9J-dxEgY4

I love movies written by time travelers.

Memes aside, I really love this movie. The mise en scene is great, the little details you have to look for make the setting feel more alive. The photography, as you were referring to, is also good. I just wish there was more to flesh out the world shown in that movie, I am aware of the book it's loosely based on but I would like to see more of that dystopia earth shown in the film

Currently, yeah I'd probably agree with you, but Nolan has made some kino, also based kubrick

it's a good example of why art shouldn't be confused with pop culture.

Yeh, I would have liked to have at least gotten a glimpse of the world outside of britain.

What are you referring to? would you care to elaborate

Every time there's a news story about we all are because one of them got shouted at on the tube or something

>fugee face, sad fugee face

Yeah I'd also like you to elaborate senpai

*how evil we all are, rather

I like watching it and pressing pause whenever there are newspapers and billboards, graffiti and pictures, basically just trying to get all the little details that you would miss first time around. There's a lot of information that they give you at a glimpse

art is philosophical rather than transactional, which this 'movie' is. there are no questions raised by this film.

You are pretentious as fuck, funny thing is you came to this conclusion by way of a copypasta meme.. you actually played yourself kek

I bet I'm one of the only people here who saw this in theaters the weekend it came out. It was marketed horribly and I didn't even really know what it was about, but I liked Clive Owen so I went. One of the best films of the 2000's.

you're fucking pathetic

Great movie, love the dystopian future and all the details used to build it. The rebels at the farm, the rich guy and his weird kid, the cop who snuck them in. Clive Owen was perfect for the role, reminded me a lot of his character in sin city

Where is Sup Forums?

>you're fucking pathetic
Says the guy who can't even form his own opinion none the less tell whether or not he's getting meme'd on

You seem upset KEK

Nice comeback

Great film one of my recent favorites

Screenplay was a little weak :/

just got here

whats up?

Not Sup Forums here

The newborn was a nigger so humanity is doomed anyway.

I thought it was ok, nothing exceptional

it's pretty overrated

It is probably my favorite movie of this century.

Mainly because the long shot at the end really worked for me and had the emotional impact that was intended.

youre pretty retarded

Children of Men is just intellectual bait that gives people an inflated sense of self worth by watching it and 'decoding' the symbolism, which makes them believe the movie was deep.
What they fail to understand is everyone comprehends the analogy that is essentially beaten over your head, but CoM enthusiasts can't accept that, because they have allowed their self worth to become tied to that schlocky movie and if it's not deep or good, then they are not clever or observant, and that is unacceptable, so they lash out at any criticism of the film to protect the weak facade they built in their mind.

Movie wasn't even good.

A real redpill movie about antinatalism in the western world and black population boom

>be britain
>be literally an island
>somehow the refugees reach you

>. there are no questions raised by this film.
overpopulation
antinatalism
refugee
social decay
black fertility rate

More than most of the movies that try to be intelectual

in what way?

Actually I watched it for the distopian designs and slutty Julianne Moore. Pasta or not, no one with an IQ would try to dissect this propaganda drivel.

propaganda of what?
The movie is not clear
It could be read as right or left wing propaganda
It's not black or white if I remember correctly

i know you're a shitskin i can smell it

I enjoyed the bit with the immigrants in the cages

Naw at the very least it was clear about it's environmental message.
>mystery disease so no more kids
>single mother pregnant
>mother earth metaphor
>they have to save the mother for future of mankind
>everywhere is chaotic ans dirty
>people have migrated, environmental, social, poltical reasons? Either way UK looks like shit.
It was back when global warming was still a thing

>if i project my prejudice onto the theme of this movie it becomes bad
k

They don't tell us it's a mystery disease if i remember correctely. Don't they just tell us humans can't make children anymore for an unknown reason ? Plus the movie is an adaptation of a book that the author described as a christian tale, so i think that's more a divine punishment than a disease but the movie just doesn't talk about it.

i still think is a metaphor for antinatalism and unrestricted inmigration though

2/10 would not watch again

Some Zen music.

youtube.com/watch?v=-IYxwFylI8w

Jasper was a true music patrician.

Pull my finger.

I said it was bad? You're the one projecting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Men#Contemporary_references

It's clearly left-wing propaganda and everyone recognises it as such

Just putting a guy on a damn white horse makes this sequence 10 times more interesting.

Its a film that autists can't relate to

So the real moral of the story was that the Government wasn't doing anything wrong, right?

This.

The film is meant to be a "what if the right wing got their way" dystopian film. And only a young african girl is the only hope for the human race.

Yes user, the whole movie was made just for that point lmao.

These "what is the meaning/point/moral" posts are getting ridiculous.

>analogy

What are you talking about? The current refugee crisis? CoM is pretty neutral about it.

>islam took over
>shit is fucked

>immigrants
>anywhere
>right wing getting their way

Looks more like the left to me
>unrestricted immigration until the last minute

All Left wing propaganda over time become right wing because they always fuck theirselves over either by being a cautionary tale against that ideology or get outted as a lie in the first place.

>immigrants in cages
>police with assault rifles everywhere
>environment is horrible

Yeah it's stereotypical but what do you expect from dumb lefties.

>what are boats

exactly this haha

stupid ending with tanks and shit
ruined

Haven't seen it it a while. I think i will have to downlo.... uh.. he... i mean go to a retail establishment and legally purchase it.

Less white and more brown

oh I know, it's the same everywhere
we brazil now

What's good about this movie? Been awhile since I saw it but remember it being meh and bad dialogue.

Nolan a shit fuck off with expositionary pleb dialogue.Fucking pretentious hack.

Typical IMDB-core mediocrity