How difficult is it to get your screenplay accepted by a studio?

How difficult is it to get your screenplay accepted by a studio?

I have a few ideas penned down in a notebook and I want to know if writing can be more than just a hobby.

Ideas aren't enough.
Write a full screenplay, send it to several studios and maybe one of them will buy it for $30k

I'm going to write full screenplays either way, I just want to know if it is even remotely possible for it to be accepted by a studio if I don't have any connections.

You're better off being an auteur. Unless you want some hack ruining your script and/or getting booted from your own script and them hiring some faggot to rewrite.

So you win a big award and go up to stage to receive it as Kstew gives you a hug & congrats because she was presenting?

I can only hope ;__;

How common is this exactly? I know Hollywood can be tough, but it seems incredibly fucked up that they can just not give you credit.

how can she be such an angel though?

It can happen. You're better off making the film yourself

Just watch Entourage. That will give you everything you need to know.

You have to be jew though.

Her Australian genes probably helped.

I am.

I know fuck all about film making though, getting funding would be an even bigger pain in the ass.

I'm not good looking and cool, though.

Then u can kiss kstew goodbye

Kstew is not shallow, she will love ne for my creative genius and witty personality. I'm pretty average looks-wise, could be above average if I put in the effort.

Hopefully she starts to get bored of dating girls otherwise all hope is lost ;__;

how much pages is a full screenplay

1 page = 1 min.
It's not a rule though. Just a general idea

You're right! You'll be her treasured friend she doesn't view herself with romantically in any conceivable way. It's better than nothing I guess.

Roughly 1 minute of film runtime per page of screenplay. So, 90 pages for a comedy or slasher. 120+ pages for more in depth stories.

How full would the page be?

I have a comedy thats 111 pages am I screwed?

so go suck your uncles dick and go make some propaganda

what are you waiting for

IDK man, I would think its hard

But try Sony, they apparently will make fucking any retarded idea into a movie

Sounds like you're so many steps behind where you need to be to even ask this question.

Are you lazy, but extremely talented?

>Are you lazy, but extremely talented?
Neither, I don't think. I could probably write something good with enough practice.

Why would it be too early to ask? It's not hurting anyone.

Whats it about?

Go read a fucking script for gods sakes
I'm actually studying scriptwriting at uni right now. Im not american though but i live in the neighboring country that gave you many talented writers and directors
.to answer OPs question : it's very hard. There's currently at least a thousand other anons just like you writing about the same boring unimaginative BS and you will all be competing for some movie studio exec's recycle bin. Considering you probably never lived through any really interesting life experiences and have almost no education, there is a low chance you could come up with something truly interesting

Pretty easy if you're down to suck a cock.

And after years of hesrt warming friendship I declare my undying love to her and she accepts, only after realizing I was the one all along.

What font size and line spacing?

only if you're a cute girl

Overzelous fast food manager leads an ambivalent workforce while being hounded by a michael moore/supersize me type expose film maker trying to destroy the fast food industry

Write a novel if your that creative and think it's that good.

Just download the 2016 blacklist screenplays

>not give you credit
I don't think the Writers Guild allows this.

*you're

You better have a backup plan aside from filmaking and goto a good uni.

Write proper fiction, aka, short stories and novels, then move onto screenplays

How difficult is it to get Kstew to be my gf?

Sounds pretty good

Yeah I've just been constantly editing it. I have no idea who to send it to or how to protect it

There's no need to be upset. You have no idea what my life is like and even so an interesting life is not necessary if you want to be a good writer.
I already write short stories as a hobby.

>How difficult is it to get your screenplay accepted by a studio?
Easy peasy. What happens is someone in the industry puts their name on your work and you get paid NOTHING.

Step 1: be female
Step 2: be bi/lesbian
Step 3: be hot
Step 4: be as cool as kstew and have the same patrician kino taste
Step 5: be good at cunnilingus

Very difficult. They get loads of scripts every single day and odds are that yours will get lost in the mix, to be read decades later if you're lucky. Then the guy or woman has to like the script too.

So let's say your script is liked. What now? They'll throw you a bad deal because you're just a no-name and now they own the script. They'll hire Aaron Sorkin or some other well-established script writer to entirely rewrite your script so it fits the current climate of moviemaking. Which means it's going to be shit. If you were a bigger name, you might've gotten a say in any script changes but you accepted a shit deal and sold the rights to your script for maybe $2000.

"At least my script has become a movie, I guess," you say. "I hope they don't cast Andrew Garfield or some shit though."
And then they try to cast Andrew Garfield because he's "hot shit" at the moment but they decided to go for someone cheaper. A budget Andrew Garfield.

At this point it's highly likely the movie got canceled but let's pretend this piece of shit is still getting produced. Let's pretend it's also not going to be a straight-to-DVD movie either.

Now you have a movie that no longer has the tone of your script, has extra characters to 'relate' to a certain demographic, your favourite characters were completely rewritten (some swapped genders), and a deep, rich plot was swapped out for something more straightforward. It'll also be full of quips.

Your Shakespearian script will have turned into an incoherent mess of words that one can find on a piss-stained napkin from a McDonalds in the hood. Everyone, except you, will receive royalties and millions off of this piece of shit movie while it's getting 5% reviews. And at the end of the movie your name will be on it.

Make the film instead unless you wanna be screwed.

You need to raise 1-2 million dollars these days to make a servicible flick

Sounds depressing af desu

stop posting kstew

no, its my thread

but it makes my heart hurt

Does your screenplay involve you making out with her on screen?

Why is she so perfect bros

You can google how to copyright your shit.

Accept it, absorb her into your heart

I suck at acting, I can barely express my own opinions properly, let alone those of a fictional person. I really want to hug her, but I'm afraid I'll get an erection and creep her out.

>own opinions
*Emotions

She's mixed American/Australian masterrace

>mixed american/australian

that literally means nothing unless you're telling me shes a red indian/aboriginal mix

Or just direct it yourself and take it to festivals.

getting a script bought on spec is essentially impossible.

Getting funding for a film is essebtially just as difficult as getting your screenplay bought.

Why? Do you have any experience?

what is that bulge?

direct it yourself, user
take film classes at your local uni and some drama/theater classes
eventually if you aren't autistic you'll meet a lot of people just like you who just want to make something, people who are dying to just act and participate in something with substance.

It's a flap of fabric, she's wearing boy shorts.

How do you get funding?