Now that the floo powder has settled, what did you think of it?

Now that the floo powder has settled, what did you think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zoZQnkJMs40
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know very little about Potter, I've seen most of the previous movies I think but I'm not sure.

I thought the first two-thirds were awesome. The story was simple and interesting, the world was cool and the characters and performances were great. Redmayne committed to the autism and had a great physical silent film quality to him, the Polish baker guy was instantly likable and both of the sister had charm. The monster designs were great and the magical briefcase world was wonderful.

Then the final act of the movie hit and everything great about the movie got thrown in the trash for a cliche CGI mess capeshit ending and a nonsense plot "reveal" that I still don't understand. All of the interesting characters and their struggles get pushed to the side of the sake of franchise building and spectacle.

Two 8/10 acts with a 2/10 finale = a 6/10 movie

Shit sucked mad dick

the only thing i remember is johnny depps wine bloated faced

8/10. Genuinely enjoyed it and I'm usually not even an HP fan. Pirating it for my little sister as we speak, she's too easily scared to go to the kino.

Also Newt was qt.

In a good or bad way?

>youtube.com/watch?v=zoZQnkJMs40

I don't remember this scene being in the movie, is this the extended edition?

Absolutely awful. Too much filler, awful plot and characters. I don't know how they're going to get 5 more films done.

A poorly scripted and ugly looking film with thinly developed characters, misguided performances, and very little actual drama.The direction is pedestrian at best and often incoherent.The thematics of this film are very muddled and it is clear as day that Yates and Rowling have no real understanding of American culture or of the time period they depict.The film is as flat and flavorless as days old seltzer.

>it is clear as day that Yates and Rowling have no real understanding of American culture or of the time period they depict

How?

Just not as good as the others at all.

I agree that Rowling not having a fucking clue what America is outside of the aesthetics really hurt Fantastic Beasts.

Pretty much the entire hook of the Potter series is turning "little Englander" culture on its head with the plot device of magic. Hogwarts is your typical boarding school with boarding school culture except THEY TEACH MAGIC. The Weasley household is your typical English countryside home except THE MAGIC TEA MAKES ITSELF.

Look at the Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge, a typical doddering inept old English political fool in a derby hat. Now compare him to the head of the magic community in America. It's fucking Beyonce dressed up like an art deco queen with golden beehive hair. That's the extent of Rowling's understand of American culture and her ability to turn it on its head.

Everything was going well until they decided they had to wrap up every plot thread before the movie ended. Especially the Depp shit which was a fucking afterthought after everything that happened. I was very confused as to what the woman's role in all of it was until the last few scenes of the movie. Inter-splicing beast hunting with the dark force bullshit made both plots feel half-assed. Everyone felt like a flat character and the muggle was the only guy you could sympathize with because at every turn you seemed to know as much about what's going on as he did.

The film oozes with potential in the setting and characters but is moving too fast to help realize it.

In a bad way faggot

Fun movie, Newt was great and that fat guy was bro tier. 7/10

This. fpbp

I still don't get why the fuck I would care about the bad guy reveal other than the introduction's news reel thing. Honestly they wasted Colin.

>16 posts
>no dullest franchise

t... Sup Forums?

Liked Fat Guy
Liked the Auror Chick

Did not like Autistic Guy
Did not like mind reading slut

I didnt like the bad guy turning out to be Johnny Depp in disguise, why not just have him be a bad guy on his own.

I want Eddie Redmayne to sit on my face

It's fucking shit

Although I haven't gotten around to see it yet

I didnt know this was gonna be a series when I saw it, I thought it was gonna be several stand alone movies which I would prefer.

I cannot follow Newt for 4 more movies unless the actor changes how he does his performance

He is just way too weird and spastic to enjoy. It was second hand embarrassment when he talked

>*mumbles under breath looking at the floor* T-this is m-my Swedish white cuck dragon, i-its endangered because it can't breed anymore, its a really nice ammimul *puts it into his pocket and shuffles off muttering to himself with a creepy smile*

It's a fun movie, but it has quite a few issues. It could have been much worse, but it wasn't Prisoner of Azkaban.

Credence is missing a scene or two to flesh out his character or genuinely have sympathy

Graves REVELIO is a fucking asspull. Grindelmort not shown as a big enough threat

the rest are kawaii. maybe too white cast

I sort of agree, but he's clearly autistic so it makes sense. But if he can't change the performance because he's autistic, then it'll definitely get too irritating.

I liked the gay subtext.
Calling it now, Young Dumbledore and Newt will be lovers

>Credence

GOAT character right there, I hope he's alive

Leagues better than the Potter movies.

Hopefully he'll be arrested for murder if that's the case. The one good thing about the ending (except what happens with the baker) is that he died, so the movie didn't piss me off by glossing over the fact he murdered a politician because he made fun of him.

It was capeshit tire in that they introduced characters alluding they'll be in the the sequels like Lenny Kravitz nigger daughter

Also are they all supposed to be gays?

>GOAT character right there
?
He's hardly even a character at all. He's a fucking plot device.

Best HP movie since Prisoner of Azkaban.
The world building was great, the beasts looked fantastic unlike most cgi monsters these days and Queenie has become my 3D waifu.

I'm glad it was all a bait'n'switch and the net 4 movies can be Gridenwald & Dumbledore's gay romp across the States

Every other potter film even goblet of fire blows this out of the water. I just rewatched them all and this is the only one I paused around halfway and didn't finish because I didn't care

So the wizards and shit were cleaning up the city and rebuilding destroyed buildings with magic. Is this an American-exclusive ability? If not, why didn't they use magic to repair Hogwarts at the end of the 8th film? This film took place in the past. Was this spell lost to time, and wizards had to use brooms to clean up in the modern age?

maybe magical buildings need more nuance

America is newer, so their buildings haven't absorbed as much ambient magic, magic their scenery is more malleable

Its yates worse by a mile and ita not his fault but rowlings poor script, niffler was great. Some of the characters are good like kowalski and newt but its all just ultimately forgettable.

>that scene where the creepy black cunt tells Tina to kill herself
Burgers are sick fucks.

Fantastic Beasts is the perfect example of the modern Hollywood movie. It casts the hit Hollywood star of the minute and it's loosely connected to a wildly successful franchise. This movie was made for the sole purpose of making money. There is no other reason. Rowling, Yates, the actors, everyone... all in it for the money.

It's easy to imagine the pre-production meetings... You know, that cute tree in Guardians of the Galaxy was really popular among audiences, let's have one of those. And people really liked that dive bar with lots of goofy creatures and fun music in Star Wars, let's have one of those too. It's frustrating when I hear people call this film imaginative. There's a reason all the fantastic beasts look so cute. Because toys.

Yet again we see Eddie Redmayne overact, taking the role of "autistic British wizard" to a level not needed. There was no chemistry between any of the actors, which made for awkward moments throughout the whole 2+ hours runtime. The relationship between Colin Ferrell and Ezra Miller especially seems unintentionally predatory.

There are two completely separate plots that are sloppily connected. One of the plots is pushed so hard and is used only to create a franchise of this thing. If they focused on only the fantastic beasts instead of the bizarre possessed horror aspect with a cheap twist, the film might not have been half bad.

In the end, yet again, almost a whole city gets destroyed in the climax. By now it is beyond tiring and by my count that is how FOUR big budget movies have ended in 2016. And by what, a fucking dark cloud. The whole film, each and every scene, is predictable, features terrible CGI, obvious blue screen, lifeless sound stages, and is riddled with plot holes

So basically it's Metal Gear Solid: Rising Revengeance?

Disconnected but more fun

well look at you mister grumpy pants, how about you just turn your brain off and enjoy the ride?
You're absolutely right

I don't think Newt will be the main character of the next movie. No citation, but I recall reading that all the characters will return, but as side characters in subsequent films. The idea, I suppose, is that the series will be about Grindelwald like Star Wars is about Darth Vader.

I found it really weird how they use, what is in that time frame. Modern muggle tech

They use typewriters and their filing system and wear their style of clothes etc

But in HP the wizards STILL use 1920s tech, they apparently just stopped keeping up with muggle innovations?

Im 99% sure its just to make it seem more like the period its set it, but by how the HP wizards act shouldnt they be using 1850s tech in the 1920s or something

Its not more fun though. And not enthralling

The fact that instant, unquestioned death sentences to be executed in a sentient pool of acid is a thing in Wizard America, coupled with the fact that burger Aurors can fire their wands full-auto amused me greatly.

>burger Aurors
I've really come to hate the internet as much as I love it

It's like British wizards evolved their culture from the stone ages or something and stopped after the witch trials to live in seclusion while Americans have been thre only for like 200 years and, barring any magical sites, just opted to hide in plain sight.

I found the scene where Colin Ferrell sentenced them to death oddly compelling. Something about his performance seemed strange, but no uncanny.

Probably the most boring, cliched, soulless, obvious cash in I've ever seen in my entire life with a tone and palette that appeals to literally no one. Rowling is and has always been a complete hack (and dole scum to boot). Now post the fucking pasta.

pew pew pew
hex first, ask questions later
pew pew pew

This desu. I feel like if they had just made graves a double agent working for Grindelwald instead of actually making him Grindelwald in disguise it would have made the ending feel way less cheesy.

>appeals to literally no one
>the movie is going to make more money overseas than Rogue One

lmao

I like the extended scene where Goldstein is fired for acting too lewdly as an Auror.

It's like the second scene after the newspaper prologue

I thoght he was straight, afterall he had a relationship with the Lestrange girl and was full of spaghetti for the plain jewess witch.

But I don't remember Newt's suitcase being full of dildos.

kill yourself

Young Dumbledore IS Newt. Did you even watch the movie, retard?

So, uh

Was 9/11 caused by wizards in burgerland?

how do you know its shit if its not out yet? :^)

I wanted to see Credence and Graves fuck.

I couldn't stop thinking about having sex with Goldstein the entire movie

>The relationship between Colin Ferrell and Ezra Miller especially seems unintentionally predatory.
Great review for someone that didn't bother to watch the movie or pay attention.

post more of this qt she has a nice abdomen

I have a strong desire to engage in anal intercourse with Newton Scamander.

I was trying to figure out wtf the main guys name was most of the movie. Wtf kind of a name is Scamander, they could have at least put it in text somewhere if the protagonist has such a fucked up name

3/4th of the movie I thought they were calling him Commander and he was in some kind of wizard military organization

ikr

Are you retarded? Do you know what this is?

>AMERICAN CULTURE

I'm actually English. Harry Potter is not representative of English culture. It's just folk European. Stop talking about things you don't understand.

>There was no chemistry between any of the actors
Except for that bro tier fat guy, he had chemistry with almost everyone.
Other than that, I agree.

Newt went between being an absent-minded professor, a literao autist, and a sassy and insightful young college student, depending on how they needed the plot contrivances to be worked out. He literally just stares and smiles half the time when he could be helping avoid damage /chaos from his escaped animals.

Which Goldstein

the final act was the biggest cgi fuckfest i have seen last year
it was like watching all of transformers crammed into 15 miutes

I kept wondering if Newt is legitimately retarded. He's bordering on Rain Man territory sometimes. The movie actually makes more sense if you consider the possibility that he's genuinely incapable of understanding what's going on around him.

It makes me want to rape him even more.