This year, it finally happens. Will it live up to the hype?

This year, it finally happens. Will it live up to the hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kf0ZvY2usbY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It never does. But it will be good, I think.

Does anything ever live up to the hype?

Of course it wont

It will probably be good. The question I have is how much like the original show it will be. With Lynch having directed it all as one long film I have a feeling it may have a very different vibe than the original series.

I wouldn't have it any other way though, regardless of how it turns out. If Lynch isn't able to make it work then nobody could have.

youtube.com/watch?v=kf0ZvY2usbY
RIP Albert

Lynch fought hard to get a bigger budget and more control over the project. He's filming it all at once so they don't fuck it up halfway through like season 2. I think it will be good.

It will. I'd stake my fortune on it.

TP 2017 will be 100% genuine soap opera, as a statement on current dramatic television. It will be a direct contrast to TP '90. That's fucking genius.

It will be trying too hard to be esoteric and weird, and it won't explain the loose ends that were never tied up at the end of Season 2.

Normie hipsters will hate it.
It's going to be glorious.

If Lynch got total creative control it's going to be a borderline experimental jumble and make no sense full of weirdness for its own sake.

I'm sure it'll still be enjoyable enough though.

I'm ok with some bizarre things as long as it's appropriate. That dream sequence from season 1 was absolutely amazing and didn't feel too forced. It was genuinely interesting.

the more creative control lynch has, the better

just look at the dune and tp season 2

I genuinely think it will be really good (not as great as the first go around, but nothing is great these days anyway).

Only concern is the digital aesthetic. Hoping this won't effect things too detrimentally.

Hype level is thumbs up/10

I'm not gay but I want to have gay sex with Kyle MacLachlan.

>Hype level is thumbs up/10

Same. Dana Ashbrook too. Genuinely think Bobby and Shelly are the hottest couple in anything ever made.

Maybe it's just the lighting, but his hair looks completely black. If so, I'm surprised they colored it. From that previous teaser image I was expecting grey haired Coop. Although I guess that was just a casting announcement and he just put a suit on and held up some coffee.

I like how David Lynch is this total fucking weirdo but at the same time is kind of deeply socially conservative in a way and identifies with these James Stewart-types. The best and truest artists are always paradoxes like that.

>a borderline experimental jumble that makes no sense full of weirdness for its own sake
Hopefully you're not referring to Inland Empire, Lynch's most visceral and perfect film.

It will surpass the hype. Lynch directing every episode is going to be GOAT, I hope he goes down the FWWM route.

nice observation peaks friendo

Read the book, faggot!

I want something more like FWWM and episodes 9/22 of S2 and less soap opera crap.

you are gonna get it my pal

I haven't seen it but can you elaborate? Most reviews I've seen just trash it.

Lynch has made straightforward stuff before you know.

On a narrative level, the movie makes plenty of sense: (spoilers since you haven't seen it) As a woman lays dying, she constructs an entirely different persona and travels through her subconscious, slowly coming to terms with who she really is. She dies and her consciousness continues on, seeing a bit of the afterlife.It's not as easy to ascertain as say Mulholland Drive, but the pieces are all there. However, so little of the movie actually feels related to this; that's okay though. Lynch's films are often described as ones that work a little on your subconscious. I'd say Inland Empire is the only one that works almost totally on a subconscious level. If his other films are dream like, this one literally is a dream, or more a nightmare. It's totally hypnotic and overwhelming. The film may seem frustrating at times, but I never felt it slowed down. It was incredibly tense and frightening and layered. "Inland Empire is a story of confusion and fear, loss and transformation, and though the viewer often can't ascertain why these emotions exist in that moment of the film, they can't help but feel similar feelings welling up from inside them."

It's basically about a woman who becomes self aware that she's a movie character stuck through the motions. A lot happens and nothing is explained. Some scenes will scare you even though nothing out right horrific happens.