What's the best episode of Black Mirror?

What's the best episode of Black Mirror?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Armstrong
twitter.com/AnonBabble

s3e5
hands down

The prisoner game show
I know the guy who played the Northern Irish gameshow host.

Plus its something we should implement in real life to torture criminals.

youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM

the fuck?
It's so bland

It was the most important for me, because of what it had to say about government and ignorance.
Perfectly captured my feelings about these subjects.
I guess kino like Black Mirror is highly sujective.

Craziest ethical statement

this episode had nothing to do with the theme of the serie, it was really awful

That's probably the worst episode after Waldo. It's really fucking obvious, and the strong wymin fighters are cringeworthy.

Best episode objectively is Entire History of You, but my personal favorite is White Christmas since it's the scariest.

the pedo one, clearly

this entire thing was boring/cringy nostalgia pandering

obvious and stolen from some idiot that made a vimeo video.

Official Power Ranking goes:

15 Million Merits
Shut Up and Dance
San Juniperno
Be Right Back
Nosedive
Playtest
White Christmas
The Entire History of You
White Bear
The National Anthem
Hated In The Nation
Men Against Fire
The Waldo Moment

Christmas one with john hamm

Playtest sucked

by a mile this

history of you and it's not close

Came to post this

White Christmas is so much better than the rest that it's hard to believe it's part of the same series.

be right back is underrated. top 2 episode for the whole show behind entire history of you

>Best episode objectively is Entire History of You
>Best episode objectively
>objectively

You heard me faggot

How old are you not to realize that art is subjective?

Acceptable answers are:

15 Million Merits
San Junipero
White Christmas

>this entire thing was boring/cringy nostalgia pandering
I didn't like the episode, but you certainly missed the point of it if you thought it was nostalgia pandering.

>san junipero

jezebel/tumblr go

i would bet my micropenis that most of the reason fags/women liked that episode is the faux 80s theme they weren't even old enough to live thru

Only acceptable options for best are 15 Million Merits, White Christmas or The Entire History of You

I don't doubt you're right about that, but that the episode's intent was to pretty evidently questioning cultural nostalgia to anyone with a micropenis and two brain cells.

Funny enough, it's also the same thing as to why women like Jane Austen even though to any one with a micropenis and two brain cells it is clearly satirical.

he knows, he's just avin' a laff

>The National Anthem that low
>Shut Up and Dance that high

maybe if you switch them and then switch Be Right Back with White Christmas

How new are you to seriously respond to somebody who says something is objectively better than something else?

>Best tier
The Entire History of You
White Christmas
15 Million Merits
San Junipero
>Good tier
Shut up and Dance
Hated in the Nation
White Bear
Nosedive
>Meh tier
Be Right Back
Playtest
The National Anthem
>Bad tier
Men Against Fire
The Waldo Moment

This minus the shit ending

switch san junipero and be right back

this post is the answer

Surprised to see such unanimous answers.
Am I the only one to think that The Entire History of You was boring af?

which one is that

The Entire History of you
White Christmas
15 Million Merits
Be Right Back
San Junipero
National Anthem
White Bear
Hated in the Nation
Shut up and Dance
Nosedive
Men Against Fire
The Waldo Moment
Dog shit
Playtest

S3 was such a letdown

Its great because its realistic. Alot of the stories in Black Mirror dont look like the real future baring some horrible event, I like Entire History of You because it feels like what could happen if current tech keeps going

Hated in the nation, entire history of you and shut up and dance are great, the rest however are pretty shit.

I've only seen up to the episode where they do the memory thing, it hasn't captivated me yet. Is it worth it to keep going? Keep in mind I have nothing better to do

This is a good ranking. Best Tier and Bad Tier are both 100% correct.

If you've been in a relationship and been cheated on before it hits very hard. It's very well written and well acted

THE BEES

It's the only subtle episode the show has ever done.

This guy wrote it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Armstrong

he's created/written so much good shit it's crazy

>The scene where he stays up all night and then grills his wife while she tries to lie
My feels when ive done almost the exact same thing

Agreed.

>Armstrong wrote one episode of Charlie Brooker's anthology series Black Mirror, entitled "The Entire History of You".
>Robert Downey, Jr. has since bought the rights to adapt the script for a forthcoming film.

it's very real. he's written as a paranoid asshole character who's proven right/justified at the end, and he does take it too far at times. would he have discovered the truth if he didn't push and prod? the episode is just brutal but it's the best one of the whole show by far

he created and wrote for peep show, and wrote four lions with chris morris, and he wrote for the thick of it too. his cv is loaded

The actress playing the wife did a great job at the end too. When she was hysterical and trying to apologize to him and everything it was great writing/acting

15 million merits is absolute shit tier

i think the show/audition parts are good, the
"message" makes sense obviously, but the rest of it is kinda shit

Absolute trash. Black Mirror was never very subtle, but in the third season it just got worse, with characters literally screaming the moral to you. And then there is this fucking episode. Obvious set-up, obvious tweest, 5-10 minutes of a character explaining the government plans to show bad and evil they are, and a pointless edgy ending to boot. The strong womyn side-kick being an obnoxious IM ACTING cunt is just the icing on the cake. It's like they condensed every flaw of BM into a single episode.

Also I saw a massive inconsistency with the main character. He is supposed to have his memory erased, not his personality changed. Why the same kind of person who gave no fucks about getting into the program then becomes a saviour of roaches? It's stupid and seems to be only there for shock value.

Fuck you.

the third season is shit overall. the first ep is the least bad one in that season in terms of the message and the writing

Hated in the Nation!

He didn't want to save roaches. He signed up for killing them, and so he did.
The thingy that they built made his lenses not work and allowed him to see that roaches were actually people.
Did you even watch it?

what the fuck that was her?

This hierarchy is the closest I've ever seen to my own. Congratulations.

>Great Tier
1. 15 Million Merits
2. San Junipero
3. Hated in the Nation
4. Nosedive
5. White Christmas

>Good Enough Tier
6. Shut Up and Dance
7. White Bear
8. Entire History of You
9. Playtest
10. Be Right Back

>Flawed, Still Worth Watching Tier
11. The National Anthem
12. The Waldo Moment
13. Men Against Fire

The first ep would've been 10/10 if it ended like 45 seconds earlier

Jesus no. Third season has episodes like shut up and dance which are much better than half of S1 and S2. And S3E1 is probably one of the worst for a variety of reasons
>predictable. You know what's going to happen since she has the conversation with the old friend
>Unbelievable premise. They just take a current trend, exagerate it to the point of charicature, and then criticise it for being over-the-top. Amazing. Besides shit like facebook or twitter is failing, so I doubt the message will even survive more than a few years
>Dialogue is terrible. The truck driver is the most cliche character in the entire show, put there with no hint of subtletly or self-awareness. And the final dialogue of the chick, the climax that was building up for 40 minutes, is poorly written and makes her just look pathetic.

you mean no realization that they're "free"?

that would be kind a weird ending if they're just put in jail and that's it. it's one of the few episodes that doesn't try to be edgy for the sake of edginess like white christmas or playtest. it has a moral ending

>people actually liked White Christmas
it was so fucking stupid and hamfisted

shut up and dance was tryhard edge trash too concerned with the tweest like the rest of season 3

Fucking the pig

>you mean no realization that they're "free"?
You don't need that scene to portray that, the scene with her just staring at the specks of dust was extremely cathartic due to that realisation.

Yep, the Waif played Blue in that ep.

no, it was kelly mcdonald

I've noticed the more "whoa that's SICK dude imagine how much that would suck" an episode is the more hype/love it gets. Which is why people like white bear, the pigfucking ep, white christmas, etc

Did you?

He knew they were humans before applying to the program. Everyone knows, and seems to agree with the eugenics program of the world government. The same dude who responded "yeah whatevs" to killing real people for money and having his memory erased then goes and shoots his colleague, betraying the entire force just to save some chick.

It is not consistent, even if he was surprised by the roaches appearing human to him.

The one with the lady reliving the same day over and over is great.

There's only like 3 decent ones:

Shut up and Dance
Nosedive (is that the one with thicc Bryce?)
San Junipero

in that order

Not really. The episode would have worked just fine without the twist. It is well acted and has a believable premise. Not amazing by any means, but BM isn't really that good.

Then why is Entire History of You and Be Right Back the ones that get the most consistent praise?

It was one of my least favorites thanks to the ending. "You did what we wanted, now you're banned from talking or seeing anyone ever again forever because you saw someone commit a murder and didn't report it, also everyone sees you as a big red target for no reason. Fuck you."

I always get mad when I see people or articles calling Black Mirror the Twilight Zone of the 21st century. Nothing from Black Mirror could hold a candle to the Twilight Zone.

for me it was 15 million merits just for the world building. created so many other questions like how did that world happen, what is the outside world like etc.

entire history of you
san junipero

every one sucks ass

Woman detected

Why would you say so?

fun fact: all the episodes take place in different times in the same world.

Furthremore, merits wasn't the entire world.

That is pretty fucking retarded.

this is the only correct answer.

whatever one you hated the most

and you're incapable of appreciating it because you're a retarded pleb.

The general public has been brainwashed to believe that the roaches aren't human. They almost never meet the roaches and seldom stare at them long enough to realize that they are human because both the public and the roaches run from each other. So, Stripe did sign up to protect the population from what he believed to be non-humans.

No it isnt wtf

they dont all take place in the same world just because they reference each other dumbass

This one.

i feel like ppl only like this because of the lesbians. prove me wrong

No you are retarded. Doug at the end explictly states that the MC knew all along that they were human. The locals know too. They just agree with the ethnic cleansing, and think that genetically inferior people deserve to be erradicated from earth.

That's why him "waking up" is even more strange. Supposedly he has been fed eugenics propaganda all his life, and agrees with it. The reveal shouldn't have affected him so much. In the end it's just lazy writing that cares more about the twists and shocking moments than consistency or characters.

>doug
this isn't house of cards faggot

>this irrelevant expository mouthpiece actually has a name!
You understood me perfectly.

> Supposedly he has been fed eugenics propaganda all his life, and agrees with it.

Yeah, and the propaganda made him believe that the roaches were inarticulate, ugly savages; and he has never been shown otherwise up until that point. Like I said, every contact the general public had with the roaches was brief, unpersonal and clouded by fear and hate. This episode is weak for a variety of reasons, but there is nothing unplausible about the masses being made to believe that some people that live in isolation are subhuman and look, sound and behave in a distinct manner than they really do.

IT WAS STOLEN FROM THE OUTER LIMITS, WHO DID IT BETTER REEEE

Completely disagree. The villagers, and the MC before having mass installed thought of the roaches in the same way the western world thought about blacks a century or more ago, possibly worse. They are humans, but are a hindrance to society and need to die. The MC's shock doesn't come from him realising that ethnic cleansing is wrong because they are not really different (which you seem to imply), but from them simply not being deformed insect-like creatures.

That's what I'm saying. The propaganda convinced everyone that the roaches were deformed creatures, to the point that this impression couldn't be undone by the occasional, brief real life encounters with them. This is why the soldiers don't go all "Wait, WTF??" when they start using MASS and come to see the roaches as fully deformed, screeching creatures. Because the soldiers' reference for the roaches, what they've seen their whole lives via propaganda, was not that different from the caricature painted by MASS.

15 Million Merits is my favorite, but The Entire History of You and San Junipero are also very good.

Men Against Fire was the worst one, followed by Playtest. Just fuck the third season in general.