Just got back from Split

Just got back from Split.

Ask me anything

What was the masterful twist?

It was they were actually 6 different people wasnt it?

There wasn't really a twist. It's all pretty literal.

Do you prefer shoes that you tie or velcro?

When can we stop pretending Mr Tumnus has range as an actor

Did it leave you more or less hyped for Unbreakable 3?

Complete the following: this is the best Shyamalan movie since ______

is it as shit as it looks?

More.
This isn't really unbreakable 2 anyway, it's more like a one-shot issue that gives the villain's origin story.

He really doesn't, but he is entertaining, which counted more here.

>Complete the following: this is the best Shyamalan movie since The Village

Plot. Whole plot. What happens?

Slightly.
It depends on how much cheese you can tolerate, because it is an incredibly cheesy movie but that really helps the parts where everything drops to tense scenes.

It takes place in the unbreakable universe

can i take my mom to it?

Sure

The lead girl is at a birthday party for one of her classmates, but since she is an outcast loner they don't really care about her being there. The birthday girl's dad offers to take her, his daughter, and the daughter's best friend home, but is ambushed while loading things into the car and they are kidnapped by "Dennis" the first personality in the movie.

In the end, three of the personalities "Dennis" an OCD implied rapist, "Patricia" a stern motherly figure, and "Hedwig" an annoying 9 year old brat have conspired to take over from Kevin and the personalities to create a 24th personality. A superhuman personality that they revere as a god. He is "born", kills the psychatrist and the other two girls. But relents at the main girl because he recognizes from her scars that she has also been abused. He escapes into the night and the girl is rescued the next day.

Right before the credits roll, Bruce Willis's character from Unbreakable is shown watching the newscast about the villain "The Horde" as he has been named, and Mr. Glass is referenced

kino as fuck

So it's a kind of sequel to Unbreakable??

More like a spin off that might lead to a proper sequel, yeah.

is anya as cute in this as she was in vvitch

As long as I get a sequel I'm fine

Fuck...I actually want to see this movie now.

I don't know if you heard about how M. Night originally wanted to play Unbreakable a bit more straight in terms of superheroics...but this feels like the tone that would have been in.
I think the time in between and the prevalence of cape movies have reinvigorated his use of cheesier and overt ideas.

what more do we see of that sweet sweet thomasin bod?

Just her middrift in the last few scenes, and a noodle string bra.

Her character is kept wrapped up in about 4 layers of clothes for plot reasons.

Do you ever see The Beast? I remember they keep mentioning it in the trailer. What was it like?

He's pretty much a superhuman version of "Kevin"'s base body.
About a few inches taller, more muscular, longer fingers.
It's CGI augmented, but gives off a more eerie look than fake, except for one shot.

It looks like James McAvoy with black eyes and creepy veins and also he can climb on fucking flat walls

I love how that was portrayed.
It's less Spider-Man, and more like advanced parkouring.
You can tell he's relying on his speed and momentum at points.

>Right before the credits roll, Bruce Willis's character from Unbreakable is shown watching the newscast about the villain "The Horde" as he has been named, and Mr. Glass is referenced

I can't tell if you're trolling or if this actually happens. I'm not a huge fan of unbreakable, but assuming this is true, that's actually a pretty neat idea.

It 100% happens.
It's a small thing and doesn't really impact the plot, but it does help justify the abilities of the Beast if you remember Unbreakable.

I feel like people who didn't watch Unbreakable would just wave it off.

That dies happen. Saw it with some friends and we all cracked the fuck up

The Beast eats the other two girls. You even see one with her stomach open and guts torn to shreds.
Pretty graphic for a PG-13.

What's funny is that Disney produced Unbreakable too. They popularized mainstream capeshit and used it to make us crave alternative capeshit. I'm impressed with their foresight honestly.

where can i download it? i wanna watch it with my buds online

how bad was it?

Albeit under Touchstone, but yeah, it is kind of amusing when you notice

Don't know.
Saw in theaters. I say give it a week or two.

It's okay. It's a cheesy low key thriller with that knows when to stop and have a harrowing scene. Some bits are eye rolling.

Going today, thanks for convincing me

Is M. Night the true creator of capekino?

thats the twist

he was the creator of capekino this whole time

Going into the movie without knowing anything about it, but having seen Unbreakable literally only a few months
before made me blow my mind at the end.

Most excited I've been for an actual sequel to any movie and I can see Shamalama Ding Dong
expanding this into a cool little universe.
M. Night has found his groove, it blows cape shit out of the water, true kino

Unbreakable is my brother's favorite M. Night movie, and maybe one of his favorite movies in general.
I knew the twist but I kept him in the dark...it was so awesome seeing him freak out.

Right, but the superpersonality only makes any sense in the context of another movie, which implies you'd have had to have watched the other movie for it to work.

Not really, since the movie goes on anecdotal evidence of split personalities having effect on biology. It can basically be just accepted as a conceit of the movie, and falls under the general banner of disbelief.

The unbreakable scene adds an interesting layer to it, but the movie works self contained anyway.

Is there really a connection with Unbreakable??

Yeah, same universe.
Bruce Willis shows up at the end.

So basically people are praising this as nu-shyamalan kino because of a twist that needs outside context to appreciate? Sounds pretty shitty tbhfam.

Yes. It basically sets up an Unbreakable sequel. Very last scene too

It's pretty entertaining on its own.

If that last bit is true nigga...i would fap in the theater.

Girl I've been seeing was actually the one that asked me if I wanted to go see it with her.
My reaction was kinda exaggerated but couldn't help it, luckily she's a cool chick and just laughed it off

It's true you fuck. Check Wikipedia tomorrow after more autists see it

I quite liked it on its own, interested me enough.
The soundtrack was top notch, best I've heard in awhile so that kept me engrossed too.

The ending is like a bonus that obviously ties the whole movie, but without it I would have been satisfied either way.
But man, that ending, can't wait

Then i would fap in the fucking theater.

if this is true this is awesome. not because unbreakable was good but because its something new. a new look at twists

>tfw its fucking true.

it works as a stand alone and has a twist that no one thought of. given todays movies thats pretty fuckin cool.

do people really hate signs?

Can confirm the tripfag is telling the truth. Now I gotta go back and watch Unbreakable again because I haven't seen it since it first came out.

No, I hate The Village.

The Village is great

The film is great because it functions well without the midcredits twist but the connection pushes it over the top. The potential for the next story fills me with glee.

>More capeshit

Oh yay.

>Dennis goes through all that trouble and doesn't rape those qts

fag

I hate Z. Dark Salami, but I kinda was interested in this movie. This thread confirmed that I never want to see it and that contemporary movies are worse than ever.

what ever happened to his devil trilogy

Unbreakable man wears a rain poncho thou.

So is Shyamalan making capeshit now?

what movie did you just see?

Rather have an Unbreakable movie than 5 DC/Marvel flicks.

let me guess the skitzo has some sort of magical or psychic ability right?

I just got back, it was fucking great.

Fuck off, you and your flippant normie cunt friends.

So...does the Horde/God have any special powers?

Finding it really hard trying to envision an Unbreakable sequel with Bruce fighting some normal crazy guy with split personalities.

But it does sound like it could be interesting.

He has immense strength and seems to be almost invulnerable like David.

I've never seen Unbreakable but I will now. Split was actually pretty good compared to The Visit.

Does he gibe de gud succ or de baaaad succ?

How does that work?
I thought the logic behind the lore is that the inherently evil individuals are physically frail and the good are the opposite.
Bare in mind that it's been a while since I've seen Unbreakable.

Signs

Well he's an evil personality in a body inhabited by good personalities as well

m night shyamalan extended universe when?

>mfw even M. Night Shyamalan starts making better capeshit movies than DC

Is it kino lads? It sounds kino from spoilers 2bh..

Kill yourself.

No u

i hope signs gets to be in the shared universe, cuz that and unbreakable are his best

Fold or Scrunch?

all his movies are in the same universe. after he does Unbreakable Split pt2 hes going to suprise his fans with a avengers/justice leage type movie where he brings back alot of the other characters from his other movies and they figt each other in a big battle