What went wrong

what went wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRCpXTPrdw4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

actually this was pretty kino

Low budget. Idea that can not be projected to US audience. => Too many attention to humans. Shin Gojira is 500% better with much worse CGI.
youtube.com/watch?v=lRCpXTPrdw4

Bad script

>Call it Godzilla
>Give him LESS screentime than the much maligned 1998 movie

I enjoyed it for what it was. My theater was hype as fuck so that probably adds to my enjoyment

>mange-covered Gozilla muppet

>characters who literally did nothing wrong

>godzilla has back side point-defence system

Killing off Cranston at the very beggining

nothing, it was great

i pity the poorfags that had to download BR rips and can't see shit because it's too dark. it was perfectly fine in the theaters

fpbp

No Godzilla.

i saw it in imax and i never want to watch it again on an inferior medium.

People saying "no Godzilla" are half right. The film worked very well leading up to his reveal. Problem was poor choices like cutting away from the first fight and teasing it as a news segment.

The lack of Godzilla wouldn't have been a problem if the human story was better. But it just wasn't, especially once Cranston was gone.

The atmosphere was great though. All the shots of the monsters through the smoke were excellent.

Especially considering Cranston is the only actor they hyped leading up to the release and 75% of the movie focused on Blandguy Whatshisname.

Having him fight giant staple removers.

They made Godzilla take backseat to the military and the MUTOs. Also the MUTOs were shitty monsters

Too much of that boring military guy walking around doing nothing. No heart or soul.

Just like Rogue One.

Godzilla has always been on the backseat in his movies. You casual fucks.

>whens Godzilla gonna show up
>aww shits about to go down!
>nope
>uh oh monster fight incoming!
>nope
>maybe this time?
>meh

>just like Rogue One

hey, shut up.

>cutaways
>bland writing
>characters using the word MUTO with a straight face
>THANK YUO GODZILLA :3

This post is therapy.

but user... Shin Godzilla has good CGI

The cutaway right before a fight was about to happen is probably what killed the movie for me.

It wasnt that bad but I will admit the Zilla cockteasing went a bit too far

Pretty much

Scenes with godzilla are kino/10 but they are 10% of the movie. The movie became a US military recruitment ad after Cranston died until the very final scenes.

>2 and a half hours long
>Godzilla has like a grand total of 6 minutes of screen time

pissed me off so much.

this. all the great buildup with the crowd going silent once his foot appeared and the slow reveal only to ruin it by going for the cheapest gag ever

Not enough Liz Olsen and Gozeela

>Zilla

is this the new 'za?

agreed. was pretty good monsterkino

Pacing, Bryan Cranston missing from most of the movie, hardly any Godzilla action.

Nothing, it was a perfect american adaptation of Godzilla, and a perfect summer blockbuster.

The problem is Gareth wanted to make it like the films he grew up with, but didn't adjust the screen time of the monster accordingly.

He was too obsessed with making the film's layout be just like Terror of MechaGodzilla.

It has been common nomenclature for a long time to refer to any American Godzilla as Zilla to differentiate, though it more commonly used for the 98 Godzilla.

Fuck off

holy shit you're serious

Why wouldn't I be? Though some newer fans like to call 98 Godzilla "GINO" since he is Godzilla In Name Only.

>It has been common nomenclature for a long time to refer to any American Godzilla as Zilla to differentiate
No it hasn't.

This
Keep cranston in the whole movie, get rid of superfluous inane garbage like saving the little kid would have offset the whole "not enough godzilla". We would have at least had something interesting to care about.

The term Zilla has only ever referred to the 1998 version.

killed off cranston and left us with boring army guy

That's only 98. 2014 is LegendaryGoji or AmeriGoji.

it kinda bothers me that Godzilla was the test movie for WB and Kong has all the monster action that people expected in the first place

Atrocious human characters.

Get the fuck out of here if you say "not enough Godzilla". If that's you're complaint then you don't know fucking shit about Godzilla movies.