What was your favorite incarnation of the monster?

What was your favorite incarnation of the monster?

That chick in her house who was pissing all over herself.

What the fuck was up with that one?
Did it actually leave pee on the floor? Later it's shown it leaves damage bloodstains so I assume it can actually leave piss puddles too

Naked dude on roof.

Tall fellow in the hallway was unsettling to say the least.
I didn't understand the bit where it was actually invisible though.

The one where you didn't see it an it worked on pure fear of the unknown-

Oh wait, that was Casting the Runes, the story this movie second-hand ripped its plot from, nevermind.

>Tall fellow in the hallway
this, surely

Literally the most scared I've ever been from a film.

I like the nude woman who first appears to the heroine, because one isn't exactly sure who she is supposed to be, even watching in a theater, even after another viewing, possibly.

repeated viewings of the film, together with a close analysis of the ending credits' cast list, which are billed according to first appearance, reveal that this woman is the same actress who plays the boyfriend's mother. This is also the reason why the heroine balks upon opening the door to the boyfriend's real house - only to find this same woman that had spooked her earlier, which she hadn't expected.

What's worse is that you figure she was kidnapped and raped by someone who was cursed. Think about it: Instead of telling some girl about the rules or sleeping with prostitutes, just abduct one that you can fuck. Move to the next state and repeat.

tall

Could've been so much more. The pool bit where they try to lure it in is fucking stupid.

Also tall lanky "comin in all slanky" dude, scared the fuck out of me and I had to turn on the TV just now for some light cuz im on my phone and its pitch black, fuck.

wat

manlets detected

uh how'd you figure that out

and since when does it appear as previous victims, not just random people or people known to its current victim

This honestly, it was just really unsettling, knowing it was right there the whole time

I thought that scene was unsettling as fuck too.

But I showed the movie to my girlfriend and she laughed at that part.

Are we just pussies?

I think she balked because it was raping him...

Milf

Sometimes people laugh at things that make them very uncomfortable.

If you answer the tall guy, you just outted yourself a redditor. Go back.

That's a pretty asinine question, but I guess all of them.

Water is a big thing in the flick. It's not just the allegory for sex, menstruation, sexual fluids etc. When It claims a victim on-camera, a water-like substance is implied, a la vaginal fluid, but coursing a bit more than that.

I like to believe that the water-aspect goes directly to the creature itself, the demon, It, whatever you like.

In the opening scene, the "opening scene victim bitch" a la Drew Barrymore in Scream runs out house number 1492, which I noticed immediately and made a note of. 1492, columbus sailed the ocean blue.

My suggestion is that the demon is some knot of multiple spirits, associated with the genocide of indians in the country. This interpretation is of a piece with the old Indian Burial Ground trope, used effectively in both The Shining and Poltergeist.

The creature inexorably makes a slow but sure beeline toward its target, /but for the pool sequence/, where it circles the pool. It can be forced into water, but it won't go in of its own accord. Some archaic tragedy about the spirit, or knot of spirits, relating to water is thus easy to imagine.

i liked that Room 237 doc, too

You are confused as to the slut's boyfriends (and who can blame you?). I am referring to the one that they have to track down to clarify the exposition, not the later one across the street.

That was a genuinely well done jump scare, though. I am happy that now that a little time has passed, there can actually be a productive thread about this flick on here.

old lady

IT SHILLS
T

S
H
I
L
L
S

I disagree. It didn't go in the water because it was taking its time. The creature is death. Death takes its time, and it comes to all. The film is not subtle about this. It's honestly a little frustrating how many theories and bullshit things there are out there like "it's an STD!"

>it's an STD
>bullshit

Death doesn't just start following people around when they've been fucking around, unless it death in the form of AIDS or something you sperg.

Death follows everyone around. It's coming for all of us. Sex is one of those activities we partake in to forget about sex and completely live in the moment. It's a juxtaposition. C'mon now. What did you think the Lazarus monologue the professor does is about? What did you think Jay's friend was talking about when she was in the hospital bed?

You're twice wrong.

What makes the final action sequence special is that it now behaves in a different way: /it stops at some artificial border/. It doesn't do that, otherwise. It always advances, slowly, inexorably, toward its target. It doesn't bide its time, it is simply bound by its own logic. It always tries to do what it must, and according to its nature.

Everyone over the age of fifteen recognizes the main plot and meaning of the film for what it is: an allegory for budding sexuality, and the hazards associated with it, which include awful predicaments that you can never truly get rid of. For you to say that the flick is /not/ in some meaningful way about STDs, or equivalently the general and permanent hazards of sex, is for you to admit to refusing to understand the fairly straightforward artistic point of the movie because you want to be contrarian, or more elaborate, or something. It's exactly because this point is so obvious, that Sup Forums anons have derided the flick as being a heavy-handed allegory.

Found the bit Yara talks about:

"The most terrible agony may not be in
the wounds themselves but in knowing
for certain that within an hour, then
within ten minutes, then within half a
minute, now at this very instant -
your soul will leave your body and you
will no longer be a person, and that
this is certain; the worst thing is
that it is certain."

It's a movie about not-teenagers on the cusp of adulthood coming to terms with death. And they do. Jay and Paul walk hand-in-hand on the sidewalk during the day, not looking behind themselves.

>It always advances
>It doesn't bide its time, it is simply bound by its own logic. It always tries to do what it must, and according to its nature.

Not true. We've witnessed it standing on the roof, naked and leering at Jay. Your whole logic now falls apart.

You're applying rules to something that doesn't need rules being applied to. You're looking for things that aren't there for...some reason.

> is for you to admit to refusing to understand the fairly straightforward artistic point of the movie because you want to be contrarian

Review the above passage said by Yara.

I mean you can see all that shit about the water and whatnot, and try to apply logic to a movie monster. But that's boring and uninteresting. What IS interesting is how the filmmaker made a coming-of-age story under the guise of horror. We'll never see a film like this again.

>what was your favorite incarnation
>say the tall one
>this makes me a manlet
user, are you alright? This incarnation is clearly the best. Watching the monster, in its freakishly tall disguise, ducking down to pass into maika&co's safe space is absolutely terrifying when you consider the focus of the scene is the door and being wary of what might be walking through it.

Only maika can see the monster, for everyone else it's an invisible entity.

The way he appears slowly and simply is terrifying.

>The worst thing is that it is certain
Fear doesn't exist within knowledge, especially if it is certain. Knowing that it something is certain kinda upgrades it from the worst thing to something lesser imo

Right. That's why the next shot is Jay and Paul walking down the sidewalk hand-in-hand. We're all going to die, let's not waste time fretting about it.

>We're all going to die

Especially when he have AIDS.

Because, like, that's what the ghost monster changeling thing is. An STD.

Now you're adding in superfluous information that doesn't matter, and is not pertinent to Yara's passage or the professor's.

Just a reminder that AIDS is not an std.

This movie was great until the demons started attacking them on the beach. After that it went full retard.

There is no meaningful or relevant sense in which this sentence can be in theory, or is in practice by those actively engaged with the matter, construed as true. And since these things are true, then your statement is as good as false, any minor and insignificantly pedantic caveats which you are free to specify (the more precisely to be BTFO, upon making them), would thus admit the more easily of disposal. Please feel free.

Actually the CDC on their own website separate "STD," "HIV," and "AIDS," and explicitly state that HIV causes AIDS, that you do not receive AIDS from someone.

what would happen if you managed to catch the monster like in a prison cell? would it teleport away? is it strong enough to escape? what about a military compound like an SCP foundation place?

Yes, and this is exact pedantry (thank you for now more precisely limiting your terms, the more easily to dispose of you) are of course perfeclty meaningless to the HIV positive person, who in the main has /as good as got a disease, by the very simple fact that they have got a terrible care and burden that they must attend for the rest of their days/.

Let me help you to start to understand. Two gay men, for example (and they can easily be exchanged for another series of partners, but for the moment let us stick with the classic, but not necessary, sexual example par excellence) engage in rough unprotected anal sex, over the course of which the bottom has a small bloody tear, making possible the introduction by the top into the bottom of the HIV virus. This intermediary going untreated, surely enough, the bottom soon discovers to his dismay that not only has he got the HIV, but that he is has moreover got the full blown AIDS.

Or suppose by counterexample that it happened by needles, that some unlucky junky develops the full blown AIDS. then does this latter example /disprove/ the above nomenclature of STD? Of course not.

Then what is AIDS? It is a Disease, which is capable of being transmitted from person to person via Sexual Transmission, whatever intermedaries, alternate cases and other amusements we may care to examine besides. Or, AIDS fits the literal criteria of the descriptor, Sexually Transmitted Disease. Wriggle out of that.

Cool. Write a letter to the CDC asking them to redefine and restructure their website. I'm sure they'll listen to you.

No

I bet your a lot of fun at parties.

the monster was actually people that shew knew in a few instances, the old lady at the school was her grandma and i think it was her dad at the end at the pool makes it a bit more creepy

i think a lot of horror movies are coming of age stories in a way, IT definitely is and thats being made into a movie

Are you gonna get Tim Curry?

Are they gonna have the scene where the chick gets railed by all the boys in the sewer?

no and no

Someone explain this movie to me plz, i am too much of a pussy to watch it

As I had explained earlier, the point has a certain dry, literal correctness, which is ultimately irrelevant both to the actual fact of how AIDS is capable of being spread (which does render it describable as "an STD", obviously)

Your central point, which you had asserted here, remains clearly false: yes, AIDS is so an STD, because it is a disease which is capable of the root cause of having been transmitted via sexual contact. this is common knowledge, and if a CDC link should say otherwise (of course it doesn't) then such link would itself be wrong. But it doesn't, because they need to speak in certain generalities in order not to get anything wrong. You're simply confused, because of the categorical separation of certain acronyms.

To the CDC's credit, and to the credit of American health care in general, they have struggled to be more general and more precise at the same time, hence categories such as "MSMs". The point here is that you yourself have a poor sense of how to go about categories, and are zeroing in on something less relevant.

I am happy to be truly picking you apart by this stage, and I invite you to continue diggint your own hole.

>fuck someone who has "it" following them
>"it" is now following you until it kills you and goes back to the person before
>"it" is slowly walking towards you and never stops
>only you can see "it"

Cool. Write a letter to the CDC asking them to redefine and restructure their website. I'm sure they'll listen to you.

The monster functions kind of like an STD. When somebody it's following has sex with you, it starts to follow you instead. It doesn't run, it just relentlessly walks towards you, never stopping. The only way to get rid of it is to have sex with somebody else and pass it on. If it catches you, it kills you and starts following the previous person again. It appears as people you know or complete strangers and it's invisible to everyone else.

It's really not that scary, you should give it a shot.

So how do i end the curse ?? And what happens if i fuck the guy that gave me the "it"

And how does it kill me ? Like a heart attack or something ??

>tfw would spend hour after hour de-railing shill threads for this film
>tfw I was totally immersed in it, having a blast
>tfw shills would get mad as fuck and it would fill me with keks
>tfw it had to end sometime
>tfw no more obnoxious shills
>tfw I wonder what they're up to now

They don't show exactly how it kills you, but it's pretty violent and sexual.

The repetition doesn't work at this point (and begins your abdication of argument) because your initial and central point has been thoroughly refuted. In your central rebuttal, with appeal to the CDC website's categories in your own words, , you simply separate the relevant acronyms, /and never explicitly deny in this later post that AIDS IS AN STD/. YOU STOP SHORT OF THE CENTRAL REFUTATION, BECAUSE YOU CANNOT CONNECT THOSE DOTS, BECAUSE THE COGNITIVE DISSONANCE INVOLVED IS TOO MUCH.

You lose the argument, and in repeating yourself a third time, you lose it harder. Being right, I win, and being wrong, you lose. AIDS is a sexually transmitted disease, or an STD, which is capable of being passed from one person to another by transmission of the HIV virus. Your pedantry misses the point and loses the day.

Also what happens if i move to some place far like china ??

That might work, the film doesn't explicitly discuss it since these are teens in school. But it can swim, so you could just be delaying the inevitable for a few months.

it would follow you to china. and it would probably follow that guy you fucked
its kinda not shown but it looks like its rapes you to death, the beginning shows a girl with her leg torn from its bone facing the other ways, presumably from resisting