Modern Family feels like a bizarre nightmare written by a 13 year old girl. Dad is always wrong, mom is a tyrant...

Modern Family feels like a bizarre nightmare written by a 13 year old girl. Dad is always wrong, mom is a tyrant, nobody has realistic expectations of anyone else, and the whole family has to be constantly busy at all times. Humans do not have multiple compartmentalized lives…just a single dramatic coelom that revolves solely around their nest. Homosexuals are strange, stepford-stylized fashion hens that do not take pleasure in anything outside the normative society and they just want to FIT IN! Yes, individuality is dead. There is no comedy. There is no soul.

It was kind of a nice show to watch with my folks during the first season or two but I can't believe it's gone on so long. Even back then it didn't seem like it would have legs enough to still be around

Interesting OP

I get weird vibes from a lot of sitcoms. People always seem detached or something. Its not the acting, I mean the characters. Big Bang Theory and HIMYM come to mind as recent examples. Just odd in some way I cant put my finger on. Your Stepford Wives thing is close

I remember when this show came out and won a ton of emmys now it's become one of those "oh that's still going on?" type of things

Every single episode revolves around misunderstandings, sometimes multiple.

>Oh I saw X doing Y, can you believe that!
>Turns out X was getting me a birthday present etc
>Turns into an argument
>Everyone makes up by the end of the episode

Rinse repeat, none of the characters learn from their mistakes, youd think after the first 10 misunderstandings they would stop jumping to conclusions.

>coelom
had to google that one. I guess because the basis of most of the jokes is how the characters various traits interact. Jay: look how straight and conservative I am. Uh oh here comes a big flaming faggot or a numale dad hilarity is going to ensue.

The nightmare thing is a bit of a stretch

Fuq

>It's a Haley has an Oedipus complex episode
Why am I the only person to find Andy fucking weird?

It's because they don't have any friends but the writers keep pretending they do
Almost every sitcom does this, every now and then a character has a dilemma between spending time with their friends and the other characters that makes no fucking sense because they don't have lives away from the other characters and all their friends are played by extras who aren't even consistent.
Party episodes are the worst because there's usually a billion of the extras, then the characters only talk to each other anyway

Yeah, he dresses much gayer now.

it's basically poor man's Sunny.

Dylan was much better (funnier)

from THIS....

to THIS.....

they blew all their character development in the early seasons and just have too many players to keep them all interesting

also their kid actors all ended up looking freakish, but that's a gamble all successful sitcoms have to take

>freakish

Have you never seen a sit-com before?

They are all based around the old fashioned farce type comedy and situational circumstance.

Fraiser was that exact model for like 10 seasons and was incredibly popular.

Anyway I like MF, its easy to watch, Married with Children guy is great, Phil is still funny, theres plenty of big tits (pretty rare on TV) and I like the comfy.

should have pulled a family matters and just disposed of her without saying a word

rip in peace

she died from giant titty disease

God damn that's crass. Even buzzards occasionally spew.

That's because its a sitcom

Hyland's hairy arms though.

the blonde mom is the hottest in the whole cast

YES thank you

That show has characters that aren't Ariel?

uh oh here comes the beach picture

I stopped watching after Titty-monster removed her only good quality.

how gives a shit autist everything is an illusion

Sarah Hyland who is cute with amazing feet

Sarah Hyland looks 50

>those tits
RIP

i'd fuck her

It was up there with classic simpsons at it's peak, just very funny and witty joke after joke.

It's not as good these days, but it's still comfy viewing.

I had never seen an episode of this before a month or two ago, but I've since watched all of them up to the ones currently airing. I think the show is good but not great. Certainly better than any studio audience style sitcom from the last 15 years or so.

lol no

Top tier confy show.

>implying you wouldn't

Her arms are hairier than mine

What were they trying to do with Manny?

They ended up with an annoying cunt of a turd but that couldn't have been their original intention.

>hairier than mine
Are you 7?

Is she the daughter of robin Williams?

Those arms are fucking disgusting

Your mom's fucking disgusting.

such a '2010s' show

you know what i mean?

Your dog's fucking disgusting.
It has less hair than one if her arms.

This. It's pretty much the Simpsons, only live.

It peaked at the very beginning though but thne by then you're already used to them that later eps are nice white noise.

It's basically what the Simpsons should have become in the '10s

I watched a little of one episode and never did again. Is it so hard to write a realistic family?

Basically, what families are like this?

Pleb.

what picture?

Has to be Haley

season 1 - about 4(?) is max cozy mode. Especially the dunphy's, which is pretty much "me irl" growing up and the kind of family i want when it's time to settle down.

Then it just becomes weird, 20 - something haley living at home, what a loser. Teenage luke + manny grew up to be fugly, the teenagers hanging out with their families all the time? idont buy it

Last episode or something Luke and Manny went to visit college and it was like a copy paste of the time Alex went to visit college.

>Dad is always wrong
I think you mean the dad is always treated as wrong, when he's frequently right

>Homosexuals are strange, stepford-stylized fashion hens that do not take pleasure in anything outside the normative society and they just want to FIT IN!

And they're completely asexual. I don't think I've ever seen them more than peck and rub each others shoulders. I know it's an ABC sitcom but the straight couple always get little flirty asides. For a show that toutes itself as being so forward thinking it's incredibly conservative with it's gay characters

Fat guy probably has stipulations in his contract since he isn't gay.

basically what they do with these kinds of shows is they take a middle class family and give them the salary of an upper class family so they can have all this shit that middle class families usually can't afford
same thing could be said about tbbt