Why only Japanese people get their names reversed? You wouldn't call this man Jongun Kim right?

Why only Japanese people get their names reversed? You wouldn't call this man Jongun Kim right?

Here is Jingping Xi.

It's traditional Japanese naming

they began doing it themself in international contexts.

His name is Abe Shinzou (安倍晋三) not Shinzou Abe.

They have the most respect for their family.

That's what people people in the west call him. He is Shinzou Abe. family name + given name

Why don't westerners call this guy Jongil Kim?

that's what happens when you lose a war to the west and occupied by them.

He isn't Japanese.

You really this retarded?

I'm sorry friend, I will call you by your real name.

in japan (or east asia) the order is family name + given name.
so, abe's case, his family name is abe and given name, shinzo.
thing is, japanese english education has long taught students to reverse it to fit with the occidental order, in part because when japan joined the international society in the 19th century japan was the sole non-occidental member of that and westerners weren't familiar with the oriental naming scheme, and so japan needed to do that to prevent confusion.

it has nothing to do with the war though.
japan started this voluntarily before that; it's just a "when in rome" thing.

thank you baka canada

It's probably because Japan Westernization early, so when writing our names for westerner they made the change.

I only call him Great Leader Kim Jong-Un

Hungary, someone is calling you

In japan family over personal name. Its seen as selfish to put your name infront of your families name. At least thats what my friend from Japan tells me.

>Shinzou
looks like Abe's Chinese name

We call him Shu-kinpei.

kek
bacanada

Apparently the main cultures that write the surname first are Chinese, Japanese, certain Indians and Hungarians. Certain cultures like Tibetans and Mongols didn't have last names, but then had them imposed and write them in different orders depending on who they're dealing with (i.e. Russians vs. Chinese)

Kek

What pretentious dumbasses!

Hey, didn't anyone notice that Russians also place their family name first?

hello my mongoloid fellow. how is the weather up there

maybe because Japan got westernized earlier in asia? or just westaboo

We do that too in formal contests, but it's mostly bureaucratic jargon than respectful.