Would a wealthy country of 5 million people with conscription (where more than 80% of the male population participates)...

Would a wealthy country of 5 million people with conscription (where more than 80% of the male population participates) be able to defeat a poor country of 145 million people with less than 20% of the male population conscripted, even in theory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrgBqgeyO84
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrier_troops#Barrier_troops_in_the_Red_Army
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In theory yes

But they have nukes and you don't. Besides, they have more developed tanks and airforce than you.

probably not, considering their hard on for military tech and stuff

It more depends on the level of technology the country has.

If it's Modern-era tech vs. Cold War era tech then yes.
But if the bigger country has nukes then no.

Or if it's modern tech vs. modern tech then no

easy
nuclear hemical weapon, modern artilery

>reserve of finland: 500k-1mil
>reserve of russia: more than 2mil

nah, doesn't matter how much wealthier you are the manpower (and nukes) is ultimately what matters

don't try invade russia anytime soon or finland will cease to exist

No

dem nukes though

I have to say no, even in theory

>conscription
infantry is nothing in modern war
expect recon and engenier

>coming from a rice nigger that lives in a country with 5 million infantry

Russia is not gonna nuke itself

heh

>still butthurt

>Finland unironically thinks he could invade Russia successfully

It could be a tie between USA and Russia for fucks sake. Don't underestimate Russia. You are bordering a superpower.

not really butthurt
Just find it ironic that an irrelevant country finds it necessary to have the third largest army on the planet.

>Russia
not poor enought
als in modern war imposible to protect any selected teritiry
modern war it hanting on war mashines

is that what you tell yourself so that you can fall to sleep in the ruins of your third world shit hole of a country

Modern war it destucton of enemy war mashines and radars
teritiry and producton infrastructure mean nothing expet war supply storages
and all will be fast

Developed means fuck all. we've all seen how disgustingly incompetent the US military is, despite their tanks and ships and planes and guns.

How advanced are middle eastern tribals?

How exactly is fighting a guerrilla group the same as a conventional army?

Do you think that the Afghanistani army would beat the U.S.?
That the NVA would've in the 70's by themselves?

honestly the Winter War is a joke.
Finland lost that war in every way, they just held off the Soviets from fully annexing them

at 1st Trump must win

Have you seen Russian operations in Syria?

>Soviets
At 1st Soviets want just small island, but affter winter war get mach more

the amount of conscripted people doesn't matter that much nowadays desu

Our bombs will blot out the sun.

I don't think you realize how essential it was to not get fully annexed by the Soviets.

They made the Soviets go through way more than they wanted to. They never bothered with Finland again, even in WW2 they didn't push in and try to take the whole country like they did everyone else. And after they had good trading relations.

>will
will will will will will

>They never bothered with Finland again
That's only because Finland was under the unofficial protection of America.

I hope America bombs Vietnam again within my lifetime.

Russia is not fucking Zimbabwe. Their economy is average/ below average, but not Africa tier. They will wipe Finland off the map.

Finns won the right to fuck their women, those 50% who survived

>That's only because Finland was under the unofficial protection of America.

What did he mean by this?

Both Sweden and Finland were under America's nuclear umbrella during the Cold War.

Yes. Please destroy us until we turned into something terrible again like CCCP v2.0

dude, soviets never wanted to occupy the whole finlad, they merely wanted a barrier zone for leningrad i.e. they got what they wanted

finland war is just a source of pride for the small but very proud finnish nation, lol, like we lost karelia and then served nazis but we were gud man

PLEASE DONT

>less than 20% of the male population conscripted,
More like 50%. But even with 10% they would wipe you off the map.
Also you're poorer than Russia

>soviets never wanted to occupy the whole finlad
Otto Wille Kuusinen

>it t-totally d-doesn't c-c-count
Americans are pathetic. There is so such thing as a conventional war.
How many trillions have your tax payers piss away in the middle east so far?

I was wondering when you'd get here Russian diaspora poster :^)

>what was the world wars

In that case, could you please be ANCAP this time?

Communism is good 5 meters under earth

USA make not war but police operations, it well rewarded
well well well rewarded with money

you underestimate your fellow slav

>per capita
I was wondering when a brainlet would reply to my post
>Russia GDP: 1.3 trillion USD
>Finald GDP: 240 billion USD

>Russia military budget: 70 billion
>Finland military budget: 2.8 billion
Not even going to mention military size since it's been mentioned nor the amount of heavy weaponry or nuclear arsenal. But ya.. come on

I was just implying that that was what OP was talking about

Russia's on the same level as Spain. I'd say that's not half bad.

Ok. But it's kind of irrelevant in this scenario and misleading

lol..

>OP's delusional power fantasy

We wouldn't be able to annex anything unless we had 10x our current population with the same GDP per capita.

Start breeding like shit (but only if you're smart and part of the middle or upper class) and vote for the right wing. That's how make our country gradually stronger.

>dude, soviets never wanted to occupy the whole finlad, they merely wanted a barrier zone for leningrad i.e. they got what they wanted
t. vyacheslav mikhailovich molotov

Russia is one of the poorest countries in europe though

It's something all people that live in a superpower/former-superpower do, we like to claim our losses were actually victories :)

>lives in a communist country
>sucks the dick of westerners (in this case finns)

Pathetic.

>Russia is one of the poorest countries in europe though
And most buteful!

>Colombia is a communist country

>Colombia
>Communist

Are you a living meme?

whaat?

>2017
>think that american ""education"" is a meme

I can only guess he's confusing you with Venezuela.

>Communist
>Colombia
>No Venezuela, Cuba or Nicaragua
t. burger

Poland has the same gdp pc(ppp) as russia yet Russia is red and poland green?
This map is bullshit

you have old data
now Russia 2x more poor

хaхa я тyт живy

Yes. Assuming the poor country doesn't have nukes.

Offensive? Never. Defensive? It'll be long and painful for both sides but in the end they would be victorious. Granted they deem it worth to fight years of population that's trained for fighting Russia in Conventional guerrilla tactics. Nukes are non issue for anyone who understands that they are a cold war meme who no one will ever use and most nuclear agitation comes form a small country ruled by a nutjob who lives in a closed off country.

Any nuke that would get launched in modern times would in 100% of the cases result in the destruction of humanity and it's civilization and speculating and boasting about nuclear assaults is more of an fantasy than Game of Thrones.

not only nukes, have many same powerful
modern rocket artilary
youtube.com/watch?v=QrgBqgeyO84

You did though.

nah
russia would steamroll them
only reason the ussr fucked up in 1940 was because of stalin's purges of the top red army generals

finnish male arent even male

In 1940 finland had 3.4 million people in 2017 5.5 million

... are you russian? why do you post all this?

Israel beat the Arabs andvthats a similar situation so I'm gonna say yes it's possible just depends how subhuman the enemy is and how advance your weapons tech is.

>israel beat tge arabs
Tell me when israel occupied cairo or egypt, they would never move an inch and tgeir infantry would get dwindled to nothing and israel would be no more.

>muh artillery and air strikes
Air strikes can not defend against infantry advance, artillery cant defend infantry advance, armor cant defend infantry advance.

Armor art and airstrikes are for infantry advancement not for defense.

Well half of russias soldiers are muslim so thryll be reluctant to fight Kazakhstan

It seems that this is a joke of the year.

depends on how much the population of that bigger country actually wants to fight for it.
even during the WW2 most soviet soldiers would have gladly surrendered or just run if it wasn't for the barrier troops. i honestly doubt many people would fight for russia willingly nowadays, they'd just surrender and ask for asylum

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrier_troops#Barrier_troops_in_the_Red_Army

kek

Defender will win.

t. military autist

Yeah ofcourse go head. Invade please call japs for accompany too.

We should have nukes desu

this. it would be great but only if finland stays out of nato

heed have aloot nukes, and neutron bombs
ans anty air
and modern war information system
and logistic and talent generals
and luck and anyway 99% of polulation will die

WW2 like StarCraft
WW3 will be like DOTA2 - f-cking magic hi technology everevere

You lost your chance Pekka, if you try to get nukes now, you will be sanctioned and most likely invaded

but nukes it somethig very small and undetectable
easy to hidden stock it (import from USA)
also Ukraine can do it

>They are small, but the plants for their production are large and they can not be hidden.
Advanced nukes are small, but the industry for production is not and can not be hidden. And you need a some experience to making nukes small enough.
>(import from USA)
The burgers are not so dumb as generally considered, they not give control of their nukes to anybody
>also Ukraine can do it
No

invaded by who? russia invaded ukraine and its economy is already damaged beyond repair because of sanctions. and finland is not some fucking ukraine, is also a member of the EU. invading finland would be a diplomatic and economical suicide for russia.
also he didn't say developing nukes, he was talking about having some on their soil, and i am totally sure america would be glad to make a deal about it with them even if finland is not a part of nato.
just look at SK or japan, they are totally protected by america even though they are out of nato. everything is not as simple as in your favourite asian cartoons for obese virgins

lol no

Finns have less, poorer tech so no

>damaged beyond repair because of sanctions
t.retard

You know what NPT is, right?

Anyone else really dislike Russia

+15

>implying it cannot be adjusted if necessary
russia breaks treaties all the time anyway. like it promised to not invade ukraine abd annex its territories but still did
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances
so i am pretty sure it's possible to pressure the UN into making some changes to counter russian aggression (that definitely exists).

also what you mentioned only relates to developing nuclear weapons or obtaining the technologies of how to do that iirc

>Memorandum
>Treaty
You seriously need to learn something about international relations.