Who is your favorite figure from your country's history? Tell us a little about him/her

Who is your favorite figure from your country's history? Tell us a little about him/her.

Mine: General Patton

>Most feared allied general in the eyes of the Germans
>Tore through Sicily like a hot knife through butter
>The allies had to cut his oil supply because he was conquering too much territory and taking too much glory from other countries/generals
>"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."

Joseph Stalin

Yet for some reason they weren't fighting to death as they did on the East.
>Tore through Sicily like a hot knife through butter
Wasn't there allied superiority in the Mediterranean region before Husky? I just wasn't that interested in that area before.
>he allies had to cut his oil supply because he was conquering too much territory and taking too much glory from other countries/generals
Sounds like bullshit.
There are disadvantages of having your supply lines streched. That's the point, not some "TOO SUCCESSFUL TO BE ALLOWED TO MOVE FORWARD" fairy tale.

Wasn't he sidelined from WW2 because he slapped his soldiers?

Not quite. He was in a center of a scandal, when he has beaten up two PTSD victims or something.

>t. USSR won WWII because more of its soldiers died

They won though.
Also Americans almost didn't do nothing on WWI too.

>I prefer to answer with memes instead of pointing out mistakes.

Georgy Zhukov did more to save his country than Stalin.

Patton was based. Too bad he was killed by the Jews when he figured out the Allies were duped into fighting the wrong side by letting the Communists take of Europe

shut your whore mouth and tell your favourite canadian figure.
personally, I think that Manuel Belgrano takes the cake: the man, despite knowing no shit about war, he handled the patrician regiment very well

The Eastern Front wasn't the entirety of both world wars. I would say that the alliance of Great Britain and the USA along with the Soviet Union won the war. Winning it required lots of resources (USA is best at this), manpower (USSR able to churn out millions of conscripts), and Intelligence (USA is probably the best at this, given the experience of the OSS and other intelligence officers in the Army and Navy on a global scale). Resources and Intelligence are the most shared of these three factors.

>built a highway at frontlines of Paraguay war with Paraguayan soldiers as slaves

Just this makes him already based af.

>USA is probably the best at this, given the experience of the OSS and other intelligence officers in the Army and Navy on a global scale
I would argue about that, since everyone did their job pretty well.

citation needed

Sorry, no can do; they killed themselves from fear as Patton's shadow drew near.
Chuck Norris ate many, many books on Patton to learn his awesomeness.

wasn't sicily pretty much deserted?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA

Well, I wouldn't have stuck around, either.
Come on, user - they were Sicilians, not Italians.

Aethelstan

Robespierre

most based frenchman