Americans, what do you learn in your school history lessons? Could you provide an examples of popular textbooks?

Americans, what do you learn in your school history lessons? Could you provide an examples of popular textbooks?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AP_World_History
secure-media.collegeboard.org/digitalServices/pdf/ap/ap-world-history-ced-practice-exam.pdf
amazon.com/Barrons-AP-World-History-7th/dp/1438007825
google.com/search?complete=0&q="WORLD HISTORY AP" textbook amazon&tbm=isch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

we have to take something called WORLD HISTORY AP, which just tells us that Indians and Arabs were the most advanced civilizations in the world

>textbooks
reading is for faggots

>Americans, what do you learn in your school history lessons?
6th grade I remember learning about china's history and Canada's. And the revolutionary war.
7th grade, civil war, ww1&2.
After that, I don't remember much, then I dropped out in 10th grade to go to trade school.
>Could you provide an examples of popular textbooks?
Sorry.

>these people participate in political and cultural discussions online
Holy shit.

Reminder to read Stalin, History of a black legend, by Domenico Losurdo (college teacher in a north Italy University).

Available in all big languages, except English.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AP_World_History

I'm sorry my credentials aren't professional enough for Sup Forums.

It's fucking too broad and vague, could you give an example? What regions do Americans learn about the most, for example? Do you just know something about American approach to history education or do Frenchmen use the same course?

we learn about everything really, starting on page 5 is a practice exam so you can see what the questions are like secure-media.collegeboard.org/digitalServices/pdf/ap/ap-world-history-ced-practice-exam.pdf

depends on school
after modern history (renaissance to the cold war)
we learned 2 years of latin american history

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ

>could you give an example?
nah, I'm getting ready to start the day, this is my only 4ch thread ATM. I'm precisely trying *not* to get involved too much in researching this. Just sharing the fact that there's a wikipedia article, with external links at the bottom.

>TL;DR - No, I'm interested but know nothing about the question, and it's not the same in France.

you may not appreciate it but i did

Give me please just some popular textbooks list of contents so I could get a idea of what Americans are taught to in school. Or don't you use textbooks in schools?

We take like 10 years of Mexican history twobh

LOS ESTADOS

we have textbooks but nobody reads them

>Or don't you use textbooks in schools?
We only watched TV shows about history.

>We are indoctrinated for years about the failure of our nation compared to successes of USA
FTFY

The Mexican-American war is just a parentheses

In Elementary school we learn about individual State history.

In Middle school we learn specifically about US history and that of our allies.

In High school we learn about ancient and world war history.

Thats about it.

Both my world history and American history classes were very in depth. (private school, my local public schools are ass)
By fifth grade (10 years old) I knew about Chiang Kai-Shek, Kemal Atatürk, and the Soviet Union, in addition to my country's own history,

Pre-k-5th grade (Primary School)
We learned a little about ancient Egypt, Rome, Mexico, and the U.S.

6th-8th (Middle School)
We learned more about the world wars, a little about Japan, China, and more about the U.S.
Also a lot about the Cold War.

9th-12th (High School)
These are the world history years
Learned about stuff like

Mongolia, British/French empires, Napoleon, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Russia, Egypt, Persia, Greece, Rome, U.S.A., a little about South America, and ancient Indian tribes and stuff

I should add tho that America's history is very diverse and large, a lot bigger than what people on Sup Forums give it credit for, especially for different states, I believe I had to take two classes dedicated just to my states history.

Two different years being dedicated to state history might just be my state though.

It's one of the more historically important states, because of multiple Indian tribes, earliest British settlement and a few wars.

It's basically the Poland of the U.S.

Shit, what a happy bastards. You're taught real world history, while in Russia history courses are hugely Eurocentric to the full retard point. In world history we mostly learn about Western Europe. No one knows anything on Byzantium, China, India, Arabs, Eastern Europe, Balkans etc despite these regions are way more important to us than learning about English war of red and white roses. People barely know anything about Byzantium despite it caused enormous consequences to Russian history and culture. People barely know anything on inner structures Mongol empire and Golden Horde despite it had crucial meaning for us.

Prehistory, ancient history, ancient greece, ancient Rome, two paragraphs on Byzantium and the rise of Islam, medieval history(with heavy focus on England) renaissance, colonial history, American history

to be fair we don't learn much about those either

just basic stuff about China and India, and about the rise of religion in Arabia

And the only we thing we learn about Eastern Europe is from the Cold War.

>read incredibly summarized versions of various cunts around the world
>cram study some dates, events, and notable people
>immediately forget after the exam

I got good grades but still know next to nothing.
I would eagerly go broke to put my children through private school instead.

No, we don't.

lel

lel
I remember we studied the Ivory Coast for a week maybe, the current Ivory Coast in geography. I remember the differences between Yamasoukro in the North and Abidjan in the South, but yeah you tend to forget this stuff when you don't use it.

High school history about the XXth century was really boring, learning the dates of the world war etc. I've had history in college too and it was more interesting, maybe because you begin to learn about competing views of history, while in HS they're probably afraid to let the kids know that there are different "truths" about history.

I may have a weird idea about the teaching of history in US middle school after watching Half Nelson with Ryan Gosling, about a druggie teacher who teaches in a black neighborhood riddled with drugs, he teaches them college level stuff, the history of the oppressed and the dialectics of history. Good film.

You could also ask about this in /his/

>world war
*cold war

amazon.com/Barrons-AP-World-History-7th/dp/1438007825

google.com/search?complete=0&q="WORLD HISTORY AP" textbook amazon&tbm=isch