Was finland better under swedish or russian rule?

Was finland better under swedish or russian rule?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russification_of_Finland
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

Yes

They would be better under Australian rule. Or atleast under the crown.

mayber

If it was bad under Russian rule then there would be no monuments to russian tsars

Alexander II is a hero and deserves a bigger statue.

russia was always a shithole
anything it touches becomes awful
so sweden was better

But were finns treated better under sweden?

i'd rather not say

dunno
i'm fairly sure swedish peasantry had it better than russian peasantry, if that is the case then definetely yes

I don't have any personal experience of either and I'm not looking to gain any.

Russian rule was good in 19th century since they didn't care what Finns did but 1900 onwards shit.
Finland kept Swedish laws so nothing really changed.

It was best under Finnish rule

finland was almost an autonomous region in the russian empire. nobody forced them into anything, they were allowed to study and learn to write and read in their own language as much as they wanted etc.

>During the Russian era, the Finnish language began to gain recognition. From the 1860s onwards, a strong Finnish nationalist movement known as the Fennoman movement grew.

also pic related the percentage of literacy rate among local population in 1897 (it includes both men and women btw). as you can see finland has probably the highest rate

>During the Russian era, the Finnish language began to gain recognition. From the 1860s onwards, a strong Finnish nationalist movement known as the Fennoman movement grew.
really makes you think what might've happened if they remained swedish

We would speak Swedish and there wouldnt be Finland

No idea about Swedish rule but Finland was a very rich and well-governed province in Russian Empire. Can't say anything bad about that period.

Finland was created under Russian rule, so the question makes no sense.

>Can't say anything bad about that period

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russification_of_Finland

Russian rule allowed the Finnish identity to flourish.

20th century was fucked up from the beginning. russian empire had already started collapsing basically

i think we had to follow the sweddish example after all

>i think we
>we
probably the first time ever i genuinely cringed

You would have half your 'country' filled with alcoholic selfhating people with no identity that you despise for looking different

you don't look different and sweden used to be like that anyway until we regulated alcohol to shit

we russians

are you retarded by any chance? it's a common figure of speech

Was Russia better under swedish or finland rule?

Finns look very different from Swedes. It's almost impossible for us to look the same. Only because of forest Finns is there some overlap in looks but 95% of Swedes have a different facial structure.

no it isn't as common as you think, not to mention you have absolutely, like totally nothing to do with those who would have made such decisions anyway

>you don't look different

Finland was better under Russian rule.
Just look at how Karelia looks like, it's amazing and more futuristic compared to rest of Finland.

you look socially awkward or as Sup Forums puts it autistic

In 1809 the czar himself rode to finland on his horse and then declared to finns that they can rule themselves now. So we werent actually under russian rule, we had our own customs and government and economy and even our own pavillion in paris world fair wich was sensational. We were way better off with russia than sweden

There was no Russian rule. The Czar was a 99% German man and his rule over Finland was private and loose. Russian subhumans had no power here.

Still, it was better under better times with Russian observation.
Swedes just fucks up everything.

the Swede looks pretty gooky too but doesn't have that mushy facial structure

He just has small eyes. You're just seeing things if that makes people "gooky".

If that's the case, I reckon you could say the same about the Finn there. I could be wrong, I'm not an armchair geneticist

It wasn't that discriminatory until about the start of 20th century though, friend. Of all Russian nations, you probably had it the best.

Russia liberated us from slavery to Sweden.

This, Russia and Russians love Finns!

Finns tend to have malformed and underdeveloped facial traits, mainly because of the Finnish genetic bottleneck.

genetic variation in Finland is still higher than between, say, England and Germany

Russia saved Finnish culture from Swedish oppression by elevating Finnish language to be used in higher education and administration. Finnish culture was slowly revived under Russian rule. Also by making Finland autonomous, it enabled Finland to create administrative infrastructure and pave the way for future independence. Russification in the late 19th century was fucked up but regardless Russian rule was infinitely better than Swedish rule.

Because of localized inbreeding.
If people had fucked outside their little bubbles more in the past we wouldn't have this regional genetic variation, but it rarely happened.

Still there is no group of Finns that looks good.

This is funny, but you've just written this to a Russian who is driving to Finland who can strongly confirm this.

I hope someday Finns will kill the fennoswedes who suck up to the swedish cucks. Because then Finland will be free from learning swedish and any influence it has. Later on I hope Finland and Russia makes a greater alliance.
Finland can get rich by doing this.

Russian language sounds disgusting to most Finns except kang

Finland under swedish rule would be an african muslim shithole. Swedes literally have HEN pronouns while somali rape their non binary children.

finns have hen too
in fact, swedish hen comes from the finnish gender neutral hän

Not really. There's just not that many vowels.

I have seen a lot of finns love russian language.
Also finns didn't need to learn russian and were allowed to use Finnish.
Infact russia and russians don't care if finns can russian, we find it better that you guys can finnish.
Fuck swedes.

>You would have half your 'country' filled with alcoholic selfhating people with no identity that you despise for looking different
As someone who lives in such a country, I don't recommend it.