>try to banter a vietnamese
>he mentions the war

SUM FULKS UF ARES

>50 white stars
>1 (one) yellow star
who would win?

LOL

>adopted cousins are vietnamese
>notice that even with having grown up in the western world they are still ideally proportioned for crawling though short earthen tunnels in their adulthood

>200 norks

>see a vietnam flag
>Paint It Black starts playing
>bants the viet
>he bants me back
>Adagio for strings starts playing

I have seen a lot of people calling Canada a fucking leaf but has anyone called Vietnam a fucking star?

ᕙ(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿) ᕗ HOO RAH DEVIL DOGS
youtube.com/watch?v=h-x59ON5Q88

VIETNAM FUCKING SHITS

my shipment from Amazon just came in!

> A FUCKING ASTERISK OF COMMUNISM

25 KILL STREAK

TACTICAL NUKE UNLOCKED

*flies over this thread, spraying it*

lol nothin personnel kids enjoy your microcephalic children heh

sacrifices had to be made for Freedoms

yeah a lot of it evidently

enjoy massive debt, civil unrest, and the beginning of the twilight of your country

enjoy living in a country with a lower standard of living than Botswana

aren't you glad the communists won

your ancestors would have agreed that liberty is worth fighting for even if your contemporaries don't

liberty to do what? live in an oppressive one party communist country with worse standards of living than palestine, gabon, and botswana?

yeah you won the war after we pulled out, how'd that go for you?

liberty to not be subject to any other power and deal with them on our own terms
don't care about Africa because that entire continent is a complete dive

vietnam back then fought simply for liberty, it is just that commies were the only ones who supported them against french and it made the conflict with americans inevitable

you literally fought a country which simply wanted to be free

so the liberty to not have liberty? that's what you fought for?

>don't care about Africa because that entire continent is a complete dive
correct, and your country is even worse than many parts of it

free from what? outside influence? are the vietnamese living in a free and open society today where they can say what they want?

2 mil vs half mil superpower vs rice farmers
still lost

it was essentially the US vs China, and we "lost" because of domestic unrest and pressure to leave

that being said we didn't leave without killing 4 million of them :^)

I wonder if the British would say the same about the revolutionary war

Dictatorship is not like in comic books.
Ever so slowly, the time of democracy is coming to an end.

>free from what? outside influence?
yes it originally began as a fight against the french colonialism

What is "It ain't me"?

You mean "Fortunate son"?

they literally do, the only reason they lost is because we had the help of the french and they couldn't commit their entire military might (or even a good portion of it) to keep us from winning the revolution

this is historical fact

fuck off spaghettinigger

Right, I understand that. Remember how we entered into a proxy war with China in Korea? We didn't "lose" that, and look at Korea now. From shithole to global powerhouse. How do you think Vietnam would have turned out if the same situation happened there? Instead now, yeah they're nice and free, nice and free to oppress themselves

When I think of Vietnam I think of:

Cone hats. I think this is the biggest cultural symbol of Vietnam by far...

Tunnel crawling rice farmers

Vietnam War

Cutest girls in SEA (less monkey-looking than Thais)

Very good food

Overall, Vietnam is lacking when it comes to cultural symbols. Even the traditional Vietnamese dress originally comes from China.

Wait there were more chinese fighting than vietcong?

>Cutest girls in SEA
This is so true. Even the second-generation Americanized ones I've met are goddesses.

not sure if they were grunts

No shit, the "rice farmer" thing was a meme and we massacred the vietcong. The Chinese were the people we were actually fighting against.

Now China doesn't give a fuck about Vietnam and fishes in their waters and sinks Viet boats whenever they please lmao

so you lost or you didnt lost?
does south vietnam still exist or?
you cant kinda lost?

woah really makes you think

they had a full scale war in 1979 which vietnam has won

they are tough nation which really got it rough in the 20th century

btw they also won a war against cambodia where usa supported red khmers because red khmers were against vietnam

Vietnam has literally always been the red-headed stepchild of China. Vietnam literally belonged to China for 1000 years.

>communist vietnam is better than democratic philippine
How is this even possible?
Also if someone drops more bombs than the entire world war 2 on your land then you won't recover this fast

no shit we lost, when did i say we didn't?

more of a pyrrhic victory for vietnam given 4 million dead, lasting impact of agent orange and now oppressive communist regime but hey we still technically lost

how are you doing compared to south korea? we made sure the communists didn't take hold there

glad you won your freedom though!

>amerifats itt

Kek, and they dare to wonder why they're so despised on Sup Forums

extremely french post, you worthless lazy frog fuck

the estimate cost for the both vietnams is from like 900k to 3m 800k at least a half of whom were south vietnamese and anyway those were mostly civilians

i didn't know usa was proud in murdering civilians

>how are you doing compared to south korea? we made sure the communists didn't take hold there
Drop 10 nukes, a few hundreds gallons of agent orange, put an embargo on for 2 decades, fund north korea to harass them then we will see

Not as many as the number of civilians who died in Russia during the Holodomor/purges. :^)

Nukes? We didn't nuke you, and lmao the entire Korean peninsula was a wartorn hellhole too. We just didn't let communists take hold in the South like they did in the North. Now compare the two. This could be the situation for Saigon, but instead you're proud of letting the proven bad guys win

So...yeah, freedom from western influence, but not from yourselves I guess

Honestly, Vietnam doesn't have an indigenous culture. All of Vietnam's neighbors do though. Cambodia has the Angkor Wat. Thailand has a lot of unique culture. Burma, Indonesia too. Even Filipinos and Laotians. Meanwhile, Vietnam has............ ricehats and a dumb-looking alphabet. In hindsight it wasn't the best idea for Vietnam to separate from China.

Ok, what diaspora are these?

>2 mil vs half mil superpower vs rice farmers

???

We had 530,000 men in Vietnam at the peak and only 25,000 of those were combat troops.

You dropped more bombs than ww2 on us, you didn't drop agent orange on korea, you didn't put an embargo on them, you didn't fund north korea just to spite them
You can keep lying to yourself for the rest of your life but know that it is your fault for not stopping frog from invading us again
The fact that we have internet, smart phone and in the top 10 of rice exporting is a proof of our recovery
Go drink a can of orange agent you of piece of shit

>top 10 of rice exporting

:D

>and he'll continue to feed the obvious diaspora troll

God only knows what he is. Cambodian? Relative of South Vietnamese who fled? A chink? Who knows.

yeah fucking communist starve meme

>it's another episode of "someone being diaspora automatically invalidates their opinion"

t. Tom Nguyen

>Back at home a young wife waits
>Her Green Beret has met his fate
>He has died for those oppressed

from an american song about green berets from 1966
scoutsongs.com/lyrics/balladofthegreenbaret.html

that's what burgers really believe

Do you live in Vietnam?

You didn't have any patriotic ditties about WWII?

certainly, they were about defending our homeland i.e. about what actually has happened during the war

meantime defending those who were oppressed it's certainly not what has happened during the vietnam war

i don't criticize the style or anything, personally i find such simple ballads charming (why do you think i remembered it after seeing it on /k/), albeit i am not sure if the green berets themselves appreciated them being described as "fearless men who jump and die"

>meantime defending those who were oppressed it's certainly not what has happened during the vietnam war

And what happened in Afghanistan during the 80s? :^)

i don't recall songs about defending oppressed there, afghan songs are mostly about people who don't want to go there

i also don't see how it is related to vietnam in any way

Could you tell me if someone is Vietnamese?

>afghan songs are mostly about people who don't want to go there

>there were no antiwar songs during Vietnam
Uh...

f-futa taxi?

>afghan songs are mostly about people who don't want to go there

have you listened to vietnam war songs?

BRAVO BOTSWANA!

>futa taxi
wtf I love viet nam now

Ask them if they can use vietnam meme in vietnamese
For example con mẹ mày, con cờ hó, phở

Why does Vietnam have literally no culture? You guys literally have nothing but your rice hats. You guys wear that hat all the time. Farmers wear it. Young ladies wear it. Students wear it. Old people wear it. Rich people wear it. Even your madeup "traditional Vietnamese dance" revolves around the rice hat. Are you guys that lacking in culture? You could've been a part of Greater China but no... Now you guys have nothing but fucking rice hats. "Vietnamese calligraphy" is a fucking joke too.

Sad!

Nah, chill mate. We don't really care that much, we all know our culture is not unique, so we just try to become a better nation by doing our own business.

About the calligraphy thing.... I don't think there is anyone who takes it seriously.

HELLO G.I. JOE YEW WAN MASSAGE?

Itt: chinese diaspora vs Vietnamese posters

Fantastic post

>america telling anyone they have no culture
Vietnam is fine and there is loads of tradition here, just because we share some of them with our neighbours doesn't mean anything.
no shit living next to a titanic civilization like China for thousands of years (and being periodically ruled by them) there is going to be some influence.

and honestly I don't have a problem with this, "Chinese" culture is far beyond just Han china anyway and a huge mixing pot itself. its hardly just Chinese as much as it is something everyone in East Asia shares.
Westerners jerk themselves off to Japan and Korea but in reality the majority of their culture is Chinese as well. even most of the Japanese language is Chinese.
having a "pure" local culture is impossible unless you were a complete backwater.
what I take pride in now is that while the Chinese shat the bed and destroyed most of their cultural legacy, we've kept it alive and relevant to people in a modern world.

why would chinese diaspora be butthurt about viets winning, while it's true that modern day viets hate us for being jews that's a totally separate issue.

Entering the Vietnam war was the noblest thing the US ever did, and our withdrawal the most tragic. Imagine the dichotomy of victory or defeat... victory, and a new South Korea or Japan can be born. Defeat, and for decades in Vietnam there will be massacres, oppression, censorship and poverty on the tier of North Korea and Cambodia. It wasn't our right to leave that country to the hellish nightmare of communism. We should have fully committed

>tfw I just want a regular massage because I hurt my shoulder in the gym and the women grabs my dick/rubs her tits all over my chest while doing these dumb fake moans

Vietnam is very nice

Because US born Chinese think that they have "feuds" with the diaspora of other nations of which their "nation" has had spats with in the past

It's tribalism based on country of origin and it is pure CANCER.

I've heard vietnam mentioned twice in real life throughout my entire life. Once was my uncle telling my war stories and the second time was a then gf wanting to eat at a vietnamese restaurant. Therefore i must assume that it's your cousins

Sounds similar to Mexicans starting up shit with other hispanic people living here

>massacres
>telling landlords in Saigon they can't hog all the property and fuck up housing prices for everyone is genocide
HELP HELP I'M BEING OPPRESSED!

A FUCKING STARRR

Essentially the same thing

Irish immigrants would rag on WASPs, Germans on Jews, Blacks on Hispanics, etc etc

>Forget to pay the rent once
>Saigon sends you a letter to remind you
>Go pay him a visit to "renegotiate" your rent

fair enough, but I think the butthurt american in this thread is not a diaspora but that's just me.

what do you mean by this

It doesn't really matter in the end does it?

Hows your... morning? Afternoon?

Vietnamese have a sense of humor about the war.

They named a fucking hooker bar after an American Vietnam War movie after all

well technically no one can own property here, or even a car

afternoon, I am eating a late lunch while browsing 4chainz.

That no one thinks about vietnam unless they are hungary over here. And hipsters discovered the only Vietnamese restaurant in my area so i don't go there anymore

its hard to be bitter when you're the winner
and Vietnamese are naturally very laid back and in good spirits, not uptight like Chinese

Without China, Vietnamese would still be walking around in loincloths in the jungle eating each other. China also gave them huge amounts of help fighting the Americans and then the rats immediately turned around and attacked China in 1979.

Oh? No cars?
Motorbikes then?

Sounds cozy

motorbikes yea
cars and property you sign a lease for decades
I think 25y for a car and 50 for land
you own the house outright but the state always owns the land.

I don't see the big issue with this though in all honesty, it prevents people from just holding property forever and doing nothing with it.

Someone post the angry crying wojack for me please. In the meanwhile, I'll just do thi- REEEEEEEE

Sup Chang