Any special historical events that occurred this week in Latin America in the past?

Any special historical events that occurred this week in Latin America in the past?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0O4CLgXvbjU
youtube.com/watch?v=0KPDB_Sil5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who gives a shit

I do brownie

sure you do, chinklet

Sure you do Deshawn

Juan Gabriel's death last year

tomorrow the last incan leader was murdered by pizarro 484 years ago

forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=0O4CLgXvbjU

Incas were shitty at fighting and known cucks, so they allowed Pizarro to kill their leader and get away with it.

i like incas they were pretty cool

So was his death like this to his fans?

Cool. I don't like them at all
I'd say worst than that

they had no writing no wheels no draft animals no iron and steel and were still able to build one of the largest empires at the time

and no money

Oh, come on, post one of the classics

youtube.com/watch?v=0KPDB_Sil5I

This one should ironically be Sup Forums's hymn

Yeah but they mostly got all their shit from the ones before them and get all the credit if I'm not mistaken (I might). I don't hate them, but I don't like them because they were massive cucks

Lyrics for the non Spanish speakers

I wasn't born to love

When I was sixteen years old
I longed so much for
A love that never came
A love I always waited for
All of my friends
Found themselves
In the same situation
And then I saw
How their way of life
Started changing,
All of them with their own love,
Each one
So smiling and happy
Except for me
The loneliness I felt
kept growing sadder and darker
And at that age everyone asked me why
Then I would always say
I wasn't born to love
Nobody was born for me
I was all alone,
Nothing more than a crazy dreamer
I wasn't born to love
Nobody was born for me
My dreams
Never came true
I always searched for it
But I never could
Find that love
I always waited for it
But wherever I waited
That love never came
Today they can see
That my loneliness
Is growing darker and sadder
Now at this age
My friends still ask me
And it's sad to answer
I wasn't born to love
Nobody was born for me
I was all alone,
Nothing more than a crazy dreamer
I wasn't born to love
Nobody was born for me
My dreams
Never came true
I wasn't born to love

They used shells and seeds as currency

>I don't like them because they were massive cucks

That's arbitrary as fuck.

holy shit

Well no shit Sherlock, it's my opinion of course it is arbitrary

it was not unified so one people might trade knife-money another will trade in shells have they have to barter money-money

Well we still convert money today, and if you are going to tell me roman coins, they were weighted because we all know who came up with a sanding coins idea

coins are standard measures minted by the government
sea shells are not

you cannot trade sea shells for another currency at any flat rate, they are a commodity

they are a stand-in, more like timeshare

>you cannot trade sea shells for another currency at any flat rate, they are a commodity

Actually they can.

Shells were more valuable than gold to them. And you can convert any form of currency

forget about conversion, that's not the point

seashells are not money

They are though if they are treated as one.

K, but what exactly are you talking about when you say money

when the government mints it and controls it

You mean the State. And even if money is minted, the State doesn't control it. Once produced it's on the market. Google inflation. The fact that you can not fake it does not add value (well it does, but it's marginal)

i don't have to google inflation
a monetary system is that because the government backs the value, it carries debts

your spiel about inflation is tangentially related

So what are we discussing? Did Incas have the means to represent valuable goods in interchangeable physical form? They did. Did they have what we call coins? They didn't

it's not just coins, it's money
that the government carries the burden of issuing money as in it is its responsibility to supply it

and the inca government didn't issue money and so on

But I don't know, Bolivia (name any country) issues money and it's meaningless, it's value is variable and it's the market that decides it. inb4 bolivia, the same goes for the chilean peso or the us dollar

Clicked post too fast, money is just a representation of purchase or exchange value, so shells or coffee beans serve the same function, they were widely accepted, widely valued, and represented some amount of potatoes or land or whatever

why are we talking about meaning

the inca itself may not have issued money but those seashells are backed by a local group or economy, barter-currency is good if there is no big projects like war they have to pay so no one needs to collect debt for the army

incan moneylessness doesn't mean they have no currency, it just means they didn't control the paying of things as other governments would

You're talking central banks man, not minted currency. The Aztecs had a very extensive merchant class and while they used cocoa beans for everyday small transactions they also used standardized measures of ground gold for large transactions, this was a system supported by the state which did enforce clear rules, punished cheaters and even allowed for transactions on paper., without physical exchange of goods.

While the Inca did not have the luxury of a written language they did have the means for somewhat sophisticate record keeping (pictured) a need given the complexity and scale of their empire, I very much doubt they did not have a similar standardized method to transfer large amounts of wealth, their tax system could simply not have worked out as we know it did without one.

The quipu is a language by definition. Fuck, can't believe I'm defending this fucking cucks

not a central bank that's different
the romans carried debt due to overminting too, most ancient civilizations did, none of them had central banks

Nah, I mean state sponsored currency is not dependant on the ability/desire to mint coin, while the Pochteca did in many ways work as a bank, mostly financing the state but also private ventures, they were certainly not a central bank. They did operate a currency system tho.

Quipu is a complicated subject, even if it was possible to use it for phonetics its very nature meant you couldn't make works of any significant lenght, likewise if it used a system similar to pictograms.

What I mean is you couldn't use it to record literature like with written systems, it's not the same.

it's what distinguishes between money and currency

Incas did have a writen language you fucks
Check your lore

Pls redpill us all I did what I could with what I remember from school.

You did?

>they don't know
sorry lads I'm going to sleep

Pedazo de animal nos debes un hilo explicando esto

Hasta mañana Sup Forums

>Beans originated in Peru
>Their writing system is based on beans
>We only eat beans as a side dish, not even as much as bongs
mfw we get called beaners

Dale, sueña bonito
Porotos pallares uma btw, thick, savory and creamy. Imagine if a potato became a bean.

Are those different from lima beans?}

Doing some research on what I could google search from the images this is Moche, not Inca (meaning an older collapsed civilization) and apparently while they're thought to have been used as a mnemonic device it's debatable whether the system was proper writing, still pretty interesting, I didn't know they had that.

That's why I said that Incas were larpers. They took credit from previous real civilizations, which explains why they were massive cucks

No, I mean the Inca did not use those bean thingies, they died with the Moche.

Peruvians are actual incas. They don't larp. They are incas. The peruvian answering us itt is an incan that knows english and has a computer

>tfw no gf: the song

Wait, wut? You mean they're actual Incas and not just, you know, like their Westernized bleached descendants? So la Tigresa del Oriente y Wendy Sulca are Inca civilization?

Oh fuck

Yeah, wonder why we are an island?

why are incas cucks

But Amerindians are like magical and pretty, this can't be happening

dat ruddy dick

Because they have a natural inclination to surrender and take orders

Oh man, have I ever been glad our nation descends from civilized, obssesive-compulsive clean, murdering psychos

Mapuche fist bro

Chocalas

yeah, i guess that's why chile and mexico are both 100% amerindian while peru and bolivia are full of mestizo cucks...