Why are Americans in particular so susceptible to brainwashing?

Why are Americans in particular so susceptible to brainwashing?

I am learning more about Joel Osteen today and holy shit Americas take on religion is fucking creepy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMkLVl2pghM
prolades.com/cra/regions/cam/megachurches_cam_ranking.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=35K6vQRt67g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

america is a big country

if australia was a country of 300 million people you will have some osteen fans too

Wrong. American Christianity is nothing like regular Christianity. These people have insane followings

Thank god protestants rebuilt christianity, catholics only think about money.

High aspartame and HFCS intake, descendents from weird religious cranks, many and all of these factors could play a part in the unusual Amerifat genus.

you gave us the fucking creation museum you motherfucker

Megachurches get a lot of attention - that's what they specialize in - but as proportion of the country they're barely noticeable. I don't even know anyone who's been inside of one, or who's ever watched one of those televangelist programs. And I'm a hick. If I haven't, it's gotta be a rare thing.

The guy with the t-shirt would make a good trap

Could be the tribalistic divisions in American society that make them so eager to search for a safe identity and ingroup, forcing people to put their faith in charismatic leaders in greater extent than people in, say, Europe do.

Its not because they're American, it's because they have more chrisians than any other country. Christians are raised from birth to be brainless sheep. Don't even mean this in an attacking way, it's literally truthful as any honest Christian will tell you

>numbers
wrong, for such small population central america has a lot of these lolmoney$$$ dumb sects with megachurches and shit, there is also a multinational brazilian sect that built "the salomon temple", even dilma went there lol youtube.com/watch?v=SMkLVl2pghM

on one side, i think is clever to aim for the rich tards instead of the plebs tards

*Protestants

prolades.com/cra/regions/cam/megachurches_cam_ranking.htm

Probably the only thing Guatemala has to show off

My ass.

That's because those kind of people can't find an audience in Australia or New Zealand. They wouldn't be there if there wasn't a demand for crazy. Don't blame us.

At least they barely have Orthodoxes. Russia is majority Orthodox Christian and Orthodoxy is basically an Islam-light. I don't think American Christians threat to burn cinemas where "bad" movies are shown, I don't think they attack rock concerts. At least you can't be imprisoned for blasphemy in USA. American Christians don't propose to ban condoms in a country with an HIV epidemic. I think only minority of them advocates banning gays and atheists etc. They don't want to ban Halloween and other western shit as "satanic". So American Christianity is a meme.

ever heard of hillsong?

youtube.com/watch?v=35K6vQRt67g

A large amount of us Christians severely dislike Joel Osteen and his ilk.