/éire/ /eire/

early morning non-anime edition

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.ie/world-news/north-america/explainer-everything-you-need-to-know-as-north-koreas-reckless-missile-launch-over-japan-sharply-escalates-tensions-36079483.html
independent.ie/irish-news/students-ear-bitten-off-at-nightclub-26392533.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland_by_population
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GoT is shite

Agree, but most of it is due to the incompetent and stupid writer-producers.

bumping for non anime

R.I.P my homie Little Finger

Not sure I liked that whole scene at all.

Why did Royce betray Baelish but continue being loyal to Sansa? Even if he was made aware of the truth would the fact that Sansa was present for Lysas death and then proceeded to lie to the Vale to defend Baelish not concern him?
Why was Sansa also not grateful to the man who rescued her from Kings Landing and saved her and Jon as well as her home by bringing the Vales forces to aid them?
Why did they kill him instead of locking him up for Jon to decide what to do with him? They were already aware he was on his way back to Winterfell.

Going back to NUIG to do a Masters, i did an undegrad in 2010, has much changed?

>Why did Royce betray Baelish but continue being loyal to Sansa?
Baelish had threatened to kill Royce many times before,so most likely out of a desire to save his own hide,also with Petyr now dead and Robin still not being a grown-up this makes Royce the new Lord protector of the Vale until Robin is fit to rule

I don't think Galway are allowed RAG weeks anymore due to being too unruly. What did you do after graduation up to now?

Are you sure it wouldn't be Robin leading? He would be entitled to do so if he so wished as we've seen with Lyanna Mormont.

I hate plastic paddies. I don't conisder myself a plastic paddy, I'm actually Irish for real, well almost. I will be when I live in Ireland though. Right now I'm studying irish, irish history and I'm following HEEMing, the way of the gael. This is why I hate paddies that know 5 words in irish and use them all the time, knakcered cunt GOMBEEN WANKERS LADS. I'm actually trying to become Irish for real unlike all these faker pads. FUCK YOU PADDIES

So my question is, how good are my chances of becoming Irish for real?

> it wouldn't be Robin leading?
Well Robin is still warden of the east and Lord of house Arryn and if I understand correctly the Lord protector assumes his role of warden of the east until he reaches the age of 18
Lyannna is head of house Mormont but she is no warden seen as John is the warden of the North

Game of drones is for the illiterate unwashed masses.

Fair enough, though I still can't imagine Royce or the Vale could be happy with Sansa witnessing the death of their ruler and flat out lying to them about it.

Because the show is for thickos.

You'll fit in very well in Boston

>Why did Royce betray Baelish but continue being loyal to Sansa? Even if he was made aware of the truth would the fact that Sansa was present for Lysas death and then proceeded to lie to the Vale to defend Baelish not concern him?
Because LF threatened to kill him before and knew about his manipulation to Littlerobin

>Why was Sansa also not grateful to the man who rescued her from Kings Landing and saved her and Jon as well as her home by bringing the Vales forces to aid them?

Because due to Bran she was aware to the fact that he was the one that caused the war of the five kings and also betrayed their father

>Why did they kill him instead of locking him up for Jon to decide what to do with him? They were already aware he was on his way back to Winterfell.
No idea, I suppose they didn't want him scheming his way out but a trial or something would make more sense.

>No idea, I suppose they didn't want him scheming his way out but a trial or something would make more sense.
Because it was a season finale and they had to do something controversial.

How are you doing Eirebros? I remember Ireland was Wales tier a few years ago but now you seem to be rich

There was a RAG week last year but honestly it was just full of preteens getting drunk, nothing special

What was the deal with Aegon as well? How does it make sense when Aegon is a separate character in the book?

>Because due to Bran she was aware to the fact that he was the one that caused the war of the five kings and also betrayed their father

But still, this is a team of the Great War and not focusing on the past. Her "brother" and ruler was literally negotiating peace with the woman who beheaded her father as she was making this decision, was killing a military ally because of ancient history really a wise move or within the context of them all believing in the greater threat over local political squabbles?
Why does Bran even care to talk about the origin of daggers from years ago while the Wall is falling?

Himself and Varys were always the long game players though, it seems premature to get rid of him with a season to go.

independent.ie/world-news/north-america/explainer-everything-you-need-to-know-as-north-koreas-reckless-missile-launch-over-japan-sharply-escalates-tensions-36079483.html

When will you lot launch The Spire over the U.K into the English Channel?

by Aegon you mean fAegon? Because that character is retconned in the show and doubt that he will do much in the books anyways. Maybe Rhaegar named Jon after his previous dead son.

>Himself and Varys were always the long game players though, it seems premature to get rid of him with a season to go.
Honestly the show is reaching its climax and its more about war than politics. I prefer LF dying from Sansa than just being holed in the Eyrie with his fate unknown.

>it seems premature to get rid of him with a season to go
I find it difficult to see how with only 6 episodes in season 8, apparently 2 hours long each, how they'd get through everything in time and wrap up the story.

>fAegon
That's only a theory

> Because that character is retconned in the show
Much is omitted after Storm of Swords though, I'm not sure if its from the show simplifying and combining the purposes of character or if GRRM has been wasting everyones time in the final two books with characters who will never greatly matter.

>Honestly the show is reaching its climax and its more about war than politics. I prefer LF dying from Sansa than just being holed in the Eyrie with his fate unknown.
It did seem like that last episode may have been the final one concerned with politics, much of the war and post-war plans have already been laid out. It doesn't seem like there's much to discuss anymore so I suppose that's true.

>I find it difficult to see how with only 6 episodes in season 8, apparently 2 hours long each, how they'd get through everything in time and wrap up the story.
Maybe, although I hope they don't try to wrap everything up too conclusively in one big happy kingdom.

Rag week is still officially banned, the most the colleges can do is fine or threaten to expel their students if they're caught selling tickets or something. They have no control over those colleges that come down from Donegal or Mayo to clog up an overrated pub for an entire day.

>Mayo
don't know why but every Mayo person I met was extremely annoying

In my city students were actually fearful to travel to Galway for those sort of student events, there were a lot of stories going around about them being so wild it wasn't uncommon for students to have their ears bitten off.

Is he a big guy?

>In my city students were actually fearful to travel to Galway for those sort of student events
Galway's not exactly a rough place but due to being a student city, things can get out of hand in the way of parties and the like.

>it wasn't uncommon for students to have their ears bitten off
That's not an issue I was aware of.

>What was the deal with Aegon as well? How does it make sense when Aegon is a separate character in the book?
It makes zero sense. Jon's father Rhaegar had another son called Aegon. Who the fuck has two kids and names them the same?
Jon's character is nothing like Aegon of the books except perhaps having a sketchy claim to the throne. They wrote the Aegon plot out entirely but they gave Jorah greyscale to combine his plot somewhat with Jon Connington.

>wasn't uncommon for students to have their ears bitten off.
Never heard of this happening. Plenty of shankings and underage rapes I've heard of in Dublin though.

Could only find an old one, maybe this was the only time.
independent.ie/irish-news/students-ear-bitten-off-at-nightclub-26392533.html

>It makes zero sense. Jon's father Rhaegar had another son called Aegon. Who the fuck has two kids and names them the same?
So what happened the other Aegon? Was he murdered by the Mountain as originally thought or is he off wandering around Jon Connington somewhere or are we just supposed to pretend he never existed?

>Plenty of shankings and underage rapes I've heard of in Dublin though
>in Dublin
Doesn't really seem like an exceptional thing there

Work, I've enough now to pay tuition and drive up and down.

>Never heard of this happening. Plenty of shankings and underage rapes I've heard of in Dublin though.
You're so precious.

Well, if it's the real Aegon, he died in King's Landing, and if book Aegon is really fAegon, then Varys never bothered setting him up as a puppet.

Maybe if they want to be EXTRA retarded, they'll include him with the Golden Company, but in book canon they're made up of Westerosi exiles and loyalists of the deposed Blackfyre cadet branch of the Targaryens, and Cersei in the books is bankrupt and an enemy of the Iron Bank to the point where the Iron Bank is almost certain to throw money at Stannis and/or fAegon, so it's unlikely that they'll factor in the books anymore at all. Lots of people are hoping they'll give the series the FMA treatment if GRRM ever finishes the books.

You'll never be Irish, you'll be accepted as living here and people will generally be friendly and welcoming, but you will never be accepted as being "Irish" youll probably be referred to whatever nationality you originated from, the more you try to gain acceptance the more that will stick. This is generally applicable to all people who move somewhere they have a distant connection with.

Almost got shanked myself a couple of times, fights in Ireland are fairly easy to avoid though

>fights in Ireland are fairly easy to avoid though
How? Drunks, knackers, and drunk knackers are hard to reason with at the best of times.

>Every mayo person
B*llina tinkers don't constitute the entire countys population.

maybe I was just lucky but I just had to pretend they weren't actually there. Once me and my gf were about to be punched by a couple of drunk guys but we could just walk away

Big hint to avoiding fights, don't loiter around outside chippers at night especially alone. Super Macs in Eyre Square in Galway was nicknamed the Colosseum for a reason.

>/eire/
Why do the West Brits do this?

Fuck off.
is the real thread.

Wanna hear a joke?

Conor McGregor

>Super Macs in Eyre Square
been there only once and that was enough, also I never stayed in front of a pub right after it closed

If you're expecting a reaction from us for that then you'll be sorely disappointed. Most of /eire/ consider him to be an intolerable knacker.

>Super Macs in Eyre Square in Galway was nicknamed the Colosseum
Is it really that bad?

>Lots of people are hoping they'll give the series the FMA treatment if GRRM ever finishes the books.
That'd be great, its felt like a different show after season 4.

>Visit the Colosseum
Added to the to-do list

Very smart. Aside from drunk assholes, bouncers are also potential trouble especially big thick fucking ones looking for trouble to entertain themselves. In my town one of them ended up killing someone.

VERY true

>drunk people that still want to party have to go there to eat
>taxis are 10 metres away
>very close to a couple of underage clubs

i really wonder how much people genuinely like GoT and how many watch it to fit in with their friends and have something to speak about.

>I shuppose, Harrenhall is off table?

Wouldn't mind if they serialised it in an anime style desu. Western animation isn't doing well these days, and the big-budget HBO style naturally compresses and distorts the plot for the sake of getting reaction videos from the Burlington Bar reddit clickbait types, even if the story wasn't being rewritten by the incompetent alcoholic retarded son of a Goldmann Sachs CEO.

I seen two lads stand toe to toe throwing professional swings at each other (probably both boxers) while a crowd cheered them on. Two bouncers were looking out at them from inside SuperMacs and did nothing.

There and Spanish Arch late at night can be very dangerous places, especially for foreign students because they are seen as soft touches.

>Liveline callers have reacted angrily to Paddy Power having put together a 70ft image of the Virgin Mary holding the Sam Maguire in Knock in an apparent effort to 'inspire Stephen Rochford's Mayo men to victory at the weekend
>With many callers taking exception with Paddy Power's description of the stunt as 'funny', one caller suggested that 'it might be funny to push an old man off a bus, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.'

But yeah, don't let that put you off Galway it's actually a lovely city. Dublin is much more dangerous at night.

The Muslims are right about gambling.

This tbf lived there for quite a long time and it's great, full of very nice people. As for the fights if you're even a tiny bit smart you can easily tell the difference between a friendly drunk and a dangerous one. It's MUCH quieter than my hometown in Italy, and my hometown isn't even that rough

>it might be funny to push an old man off a bus
Fucking knackers.

>Dublin is much more dangerous at night
Goes without saying, I'd imagine Dublin is more dangerous during the day than any other part of the country is at night as well judging from what I've read about the boardwalk.
But still it isn't what I'd associate with Galway, it seems a very laid back city with a lot of young people, creative types and tourists which aren't normally the sort of demographics to knacker it up at night.

Can we stop talking about Galway now?

I'll stop as soon as you tell me how its possible the county has a 258k population but the city only 79k. Where are they hiding?

>Two bouncers were looking out at them from inside SuperMacs and did nothing.
Bouncers are a weird effect of modern society. The collapse of manners and violence-glorification in media, at the same time as legalistic litigious liberalism, means that there's more and more vicious violence out there, while the guards have basically gone from being theoretically there to actively defend the law, to being there to clean up after the law is broken. So bouncers are there to use the threat of force in an active way, more protected against legal action than the guards are, just with much less pay and regulatory protections, a one-sided loyalty to and mandate from their employer, and a much much heavier and riskier workload than guards on average.
The ironic thing is that bouncers came about because American culture was and is seen as prestigious, so even though America's severe social problems were the reason brutish bouncers were so prevalent, the social problems themselves were a welcome and prestigious addition to Irish (west Brit) social life.

It's actually more informative and entertaining than mindless GOT and Weeb prattle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland_by_population

Will Drogheda become a city in our lifetime?

It would make sense to have the and social clusterfuck that is Dublin's urban sprawl spread up along the coast, but I imagine the troubles and (more than might be thought) political influence and planning permission corruption prevented the spread north and pushed it west instead.

>tfw no Dublin-Belfast economic axis

>Drogheda
Is there a more depressing town in this country?

It just seems so bleak

I don't like it at all, very hilly town with narrow streets and full of knackers

Navan is even bleaker. Can't wait to get out of this shithole.

Midlands are worse. But Drogheda is exceptional in its awfulness.

Have never had any trouble in Dublin whatsoever despite frequenting "rough" areas. Have been assaulted in Galway though...

flintstones
meet the flintstones

>non anime

Mullingar and it's surrounding villages like Delvin are probably the worst places in Ireland next to Tralee and North Dublin.

Galway historically wasn't all that bad, but it's full of every bleeding heart wannabe posh fop from the west, and it's the biggest city so the type of urban sinkholes that abound in Dublin exist to a minor extent there. The student "culture" was allowed to develop unrestricted though, which was a bad thing, probably because the universities, the eyre square Supermacs, and every other student-money-milking business didn't want to lose business from rowdy rural retards who'd not be so eager to go to university if it didn't mean getting drunk and being boors in the city on a regular basis.

STOP

MANSPLAINING

>Rowdy rural retards
>C2 night club (aka the gypo)
>Club K

>Urban hipster twinks
>Rosin Dubh
>Bierhaus

Galway caters to both demographics really, when I was there I was more Rowdy Rural Retard, i used to drink with a group of Achill Islanders and North Mayo hicks. It was great but there was always opportunity for trouble.

Are you from Dublin? I won't deny that I've known many people from different parts of the country who have an outright loathing of Dubs and normally nice people would become instantly aggressive and abrasive if they heard the Dub accent.

>it's called Bierhaus
>has shit beers
the Salt house is much better desu, kinda hipster-ish but comfy af

>live in bray
>family is all dubs
>call me a culchie
;_;

>Bray
>Culchie
Dubs are dopes

Yeah it's a lovely pub. Sally Longs is nice too.

ANIMESPLAINING

>Most of /eire/
>/eire/

Bollocks. Well, I know what I have to do.

The problem was it started off really good and now i think a lot of people, including myself, are just riding it out, out of obligation

NATCONSPLAINNING

Are you alright kid?

I feel better now lads

Why did people post in here when the other thread was still alive?
Also things are very lively here, which makes it difficult to catch on the discussion with my limited lunch time. Don't like it desu.

>this is the real thread
Then why didn't ye bump it?

>slicing yourself
>stealing my job

reported for spoiler image
Reported for spoiler
reported for spoiler

StopagaĆ­

>Also things are very lively here, which makes it difficult to catch on the discussion with my limited lunch time
The discussion is boring Galway shite though, so you're not missing much.

shes just like you and me
but shes homeless
shes homeless
la
de
dee
la
de
da
la
de
dee