Swiss man = top cuck

Swiss man = top cuck

Other urls found in this thread:

defencejobs.gov.au/jobs/Army/adf-gap-year-infantry-soldier
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What does that even mean? Conscription is probably an amazing thing for the youth of a country. I mean you get paid for it and you are forcefully integrated into society.

I mean the caveat is that it is probably a good thing for countries who will never see war like Switzerland or Finland. I don't think that serving in a combat capacity is exactly a positive experience for anybody

op is probably a manchild who didnt serve

What was your time like?I imagine its probably a super comfy part of your life most of the time. Toughen you up a bit and good companionship

The noteworthy thing about this is the exposure of the swiss "direct democracy" model you often see put on a pedestal as less than perfect.
Other than that the state is encouraging traditional gender roles and giving all able bodied men military training, weapons proficiency and valuable life skills.

based switz

really wish my enlistment wasn't 4 years long

it's shit but you gotta do shit things every now and then when you grow up.

Eh I wish I had done a few years service when I got out of college desu. Might have sorted me out a little. I think its mainly just fucking about in the bush here though. Wandering around in the snow sounds a bit shit

The idea that women should be conscripted on equal terms to men is SJW pish. My issue with this, however, is charging the disabled more tax.

>be Swiss man in a wheelchair
>find it hard to stomach not being in the army with all your friends
>get a job, hopefully this will occupy you and take your mind off the disappointment
>have to pay a punitive tax for being disabled

they probably have an exception for the disabled

if the legal license to kill people in a wartime isnt a privilege, what is it?

>trying to rationalize conscription

As if Switzerland ever goes to war.

yes i am here

t. Isn't a tiny country right next to Russia

conscription must be nice in a first world country, here is hell

>switzerland
>right next to russia

Yeah, well, he was replying to a finn. I think Finland does have reasons to have conscription, Switzerland on the other hand, I don't get it.

They don't want to outsource their defence to the US I think. """Neutrality""" and all that.

people all around the globe suffer so that other people don't have to. that's just how our civilization works you dingus.

To be fair military conscription should be compulsory everywhere and I would support it here and wish I'd had it.

>us military

>Conscription is probably an amazing thing for the youth of a country
Conscription doesn't improve your character. That's just propaganda.

>pic
Several mistakes are found
1. The reason for Civil War was the fact that northern industrialists needed a market for their goods and some cheap labor, while south had lots of laborers doing unproductive shit.
2. During WWI US banks were supporting the fighting countries with credits. And has given them lots of money.
3. No mention of american intervention in russian Civil War with gas attacks, mass shootings and backing some loyal murderers.

t. fatty manlet

Wait, so if you're disabled and can't be conscripted, you have to pay a tax?

nobody cares about an opinion of some dumb useless third world trash like you

Consider suicide senpai

>Getting paid for conscription
huh?

You'd clearly be on a wage while you're in the army

pfffff
not here

the wage here is like 5e a day for the first 6 months lol. and after 6 months its 12e a day.

It's not really a wage, more like cigarette money.

If you consider 5e per day a salary then sure

Ayy lmao my local military commisariat would like to have a word with you.

If you're going to pay your soldiers then why conscript them at all? You are already wasting money on feeding, clothing, giving them guns and equipment.
I served my time near Moscow and we got about 2k rubles per month, the more dangerous the area of service is the more money you get, conscripts serving in Caucasus usually had the newest iphones.

*laughs in Western*

>Salary. Salary can be over $61,800 p.a. on completion of initial employment training. This salary includes Uniform and Service allowance

defencejobs.gov.au/jobs/Army/adf-gap-year-infantry-soldier

well no fucking shit

we are speaking of conscripts and not professional soldiers

Our professional soldiers also get paid nicely (the north fleet pay is fucking absurd, even though most people only stay there for a few years), it's the conscripts we were talking about.

Notice the "gap year infantry soldier" part

Sort of voluntary conscription

I'm currently doing my military service as well and a few years back we also had a vote to keep it or not. Obviously we kept it :/

>voluntary conscription
no such thing

Well I mean it does what it says on the tin mate. Literally just a gap year where you go into the army and do army shit and then leave after a year with few strings attached

>be aussie
>be unable to even comprehend the concept of universal male conscription
soft cunt

>switzerland
>not right next to some of the most warmongering countries in human history

conscription literally means forced enlistment
you either go, do civil service or go to jail (have a monitor on your ankle)

>you get paid for it
You get a fucking slave wage for it. Even stocking the shelves at some super market would pay more.

The real problem here is that women could vote on the question if men should be required to sacrifice ~a year on military service while not being affected by it at all.

Oi, we haven't warmongered in many years and took up the same neutrality Switzerland has after ww2

Well I mean actually I'm quite interested to hear the wages in Austria and Switzerland man.

How much do you get paid in your conscript years?

>not being affected by it at all
They are protected by these soldiers and wish to keep that protection going. A country always needs an army to protect it.

>t. literally forced by women into military service

You are confusing different things here.

Conscripts get paid shit all. That is the whole point of having a conscription system, to get cheap grunts for the meat grinder.
No one would pay conscripts a fair wage because why invest so much into them when they'll fuck off again after a year and forget most of what they learned? That money is better used on training professional soldiers.

Conscription as it is right now is fucked up. Should just be military service for the men and civil service for the women. After it's completed, you get your voting right. Everyone who can for physical reasons not complete either can pay an additional tax for a couple years instead to get the voting right.
If you do none of that you don't get to vote.

Tada, system fixed.

Then they should either provide something themselves or properly compensate people for their service. Right now it's not much different from indentured servitude that comes with your citizenship. But with only a certain subgroup of the population having to pay that price.

ok just don't destroy salzburg

>muh service guarantees citizenship meme

Its not starship troopers mate

Although the argument over who should be able to vote is an interesting one. Felons in the US for example.

But where do you draw the line?

Still, feeding, clothing, giving equipment to an army so big requires a lot of money, even if you aren't giving them a big pay. A small professional army might actually be cheaper than a big conscript force.

People generally don't value what's given to them for free. There are countless examples of that, too. For example, we have projects in some cities where people from the lower/lower middle class can get interest free loans to buy the property they are currently renting. Because experience has shown that this leads to a drastic improvement of the neighborhood because they treat their own property a lot better than rented one.
Voting rights are currently treated rather poorly by most people - elections in Germany are in less than a month yet half the people are still undecided, i.e. have fuck all idea what's actually going on. You could just combine the problem of conscription not being fairly compensated and voting rights not being properly valued in one stroke.

If you really dislike the idea you can also just suggest some other form of compensation. Doesn't have to be direct cash reward either, for all I care it could also allow them to go into retirement a year earlier without any penalties or stuff like that.

Yeah, but the individual doesn't get anything out of those additional expenses that are required for equipment and so on.
I just don't think that the current system (for other countries at least, in Germany the draft was suspended a while ago) where only half the population is forced to do it is compensated fairly at all.

As far as I know you also have conscription in Finland.
And not having it is truly the sign of a cucked country

Pretty much nothing... 312€/month

Salzburg is ok, but Tirol is better

why are austrian places so beautiful and ours so fucking shit

How much do you get paid?

Sydney is unironically one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Shame its so shit

>Sydney is unironically one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Shame its so shit
what did he mean by this confusing statement

>I'm quite interested to hear the wages in Austria and Switzerland man.
If you have a job at the time of being conscripted you get paid 80% of your wage and the company still has to keep you officially employed. Most companies however just pay the full salary anyway.
If you didnt the wage ranges from 1500 to 2500 chf per month depending on your position. Which is still ok because you dont spend any money while you're in there. Great way to save up some cash desu

t. fat autist
military service is dreadful

The city is great, the people living there aren't.

See that's pretty reasonable even at the lowest bracket.

Nah it's actually kinda fun here

Yes it is

t.flakgunner

#justswissmilitarythings

it's fun when you think back your days of service. but when youre there you want nothing more than to get out.

Half of it was fun for me, but then they made me into a guard and it was incredibly boring.