All memes aside why is American general education the worst in all the developed world?

All memes aside why is American general education the worst in all the developed world?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripoli,_Lebanon
nsf.gov/statistics/2016/nsf16300/digest/nsf16300.pdf
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2016/chemistry
youtube.com/watch?v=NK0Y9j_CGgM
youtube.com/watch?v=iUOBh-km764
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would we confuse Australia with NK and drop the nukes on ya cunts.

Yes because cletus from alabama goes to harvard

You're just proving me right you know

They don't. Pretty sure majority of PhDs are foreigners.

because it's a 3rd world country

Tell me, how does the ranking work?
Based on students that gets masters or something?
Amount of research they do?

>football fields and pools increase the overall score

nice

>general education = universities
>A university (Latin: universitas, "a whole") is an institution of HIGHER (or tertiary) education and research which awards academic degrees in various academic disciplines. Universities typically provide undergraduate education and postgraduate education.

Way to prove his point, Mr. American.

She picked the right location to nuke at least.

This is true.
This is true as well (although majority of the students are American of course). But the point is, both publicly and privately funded institutions in America provide the best education. Even if K-12 here is just mediocre (pic related).
idk what algorithim they use, but I know the number of citations a people from a university gets is the one of the biggest thing they look at.

the pic

Demographics. It really is THAT simple. Students are generally educated to their natural capabilities.

jaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

jajajajajajajajaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

"White" muricans BTFO by superior Asian-Americans!

Hey... watch it buddy. Final warning.

This is some asiatic-centric graph tbqhwy, I'm sure the numbers are right, but US Asians include Poos, ASEAN, Pakis etc and convienently all the asian countries with low scores like thailand, indonesia, kyrgzstan, kazakhstan etc have been relegated to "other" or "muslim" (islam is not a race)

Obviously, USA is a very wealthy country, and such can be able to provide top notch universities.

But it's not representative of the average american, which is really really fucking stupid.

You have to keep lowering the standards so segregation doesn't just naturally occur again.
That's why our system doesn't start separating kids into different programs early and according to their abilities like a lot of other countries do.
We shoehorn everybody into the same shit and then offer hundreds of meme degrees so idiots can go to university too which dumps very impressionable people into the hands of former hippy liberal arts professors who's lives are an endless 1960's protest because they don't know how to do anything else.
Now they are out,"educated/indoctrinated" and wanting to overthrow the country because they can't get jobs with their humanities degrees.

Is that why most of tard stories supposedly come from murica because you put those droolers to same classes with normal kids?
Here they got their own potato academies.

>implying you couldn't do this on the street of any major city in Europe with similar results

there is a Tripoli in Lebanon, even though they mistook it for the actual one in Lybia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripoli,_Lebanon

is that confrimed russians are asians?

>that lazy continent division
Europe goes to the Urals and part of egypt should be blue

>not even on the list
who /dumb/ here?

I know a part of it is based on the AMOUNT of nobel prized professors and AMOUNT of research published. I would conclude the US is rich, therefore many prized professors want to work there and they simply are the most populated western country therefore they rank highly when it comes to published white papers etc.

When you look at things per capita they don't rank that highly.

>Pretty sure majority of PhDs are foreigners.
100% false

nsf.gov/statistics/2016/nsf16300/digest/nsf16300.pdf

the amount isn't paltry but the majority are still americans. what you believe is a Sup Forums meme spread to try to discredit the fact that we have the best UNIVERSITY system on the planet, but yes our general education fails many students. i'd be willing to bet just as many if not even more PhD recipients from Oxford and Cambridge are foreign.

Actually Europe isn't a continent so it should just have Eurasia.

So things nothing to do with actual quality of education?

let's be real greeks might as well be niggers i can see why they got confused

I'm sure they don't ignore quality, but it also includes a lot of useless things like I mentioned. Also, apparently they also value research higher than teaching quality so you're partly right.

>Is that why most of tard stories supposedly come from murica

MOST dumbshit stories come from murica because we have fucking 300 million people and are way more active on the internet with europeans than any other nation with a similar population. most news, including all the bad/stupid news, is going to come from us. nobody fucking has a lens to finland or i guarantee we'd be able to find a ton of hilariously stupid shit, but like i said, nobody pays attention to you and you have the population of a small american city. you literally have less people than the atlanta metro.

You did not answer my question.
Do murican school keep tards and other mental defects with normal kids?

oh, sorry, yes they keep them in the school but they're almost completely separated from the general class. you really only see them in halls or at a special table in the cafeteria. they have their own special education classes designed for them. no sense COMPLETELY isolating them socially, that would be cruel, they should have some sense of social community.

Because our corrupt government doesn't give a fuck

The ones smart enough to matter will educate themselves and the rest are being prepared to be mindless drones of the corporate workforce

>blue=white
sure

Not sure what you mean. My entire school system had advanced classes starting from first grade.

>typical "Americans r stoopid" thread
>posts a north american pavement ape to prove his point
?

>but the majority are still americans
Yeah, ones with parents born overseas and come from a wealthy background.

This, honestly.
Go to Lisbon and ask some rando where Bulgaria or some other meme country is, same result. Most of them would probably not even be able to point out any of our former colonies besides Angola and Brazil on a map.

still no

stop trying to justify your lack of any good universities by pretending ours aren't filled with americans. did you go to university here? i did, i'll tell you right now it's majority americans lol

Even if it's true that there are many americans here, universities rankings are still highly biased toward american and english-speaking universities though.

why? what do you think rankings are based off of? chinks make these rankings, but you can measure it based on the amount of talent exported too. the amount of notable research done etc, we'd still be at the top

Well at first they usually take into account the number of publications in english-language magazine like Science and Nature.

Second, in some countries like France, the majority of scientific research isn't done in universities but in dedicated laboratories, (which greatly lower french unis rankings), but does it mean the quality of education given here is inferior ? I don't think so.

Well the point is that it was preceded with the question "should America take military action against North Korea?" which they all answer yes to. If you think a country should be attacked by yours then you should at least know where it is

Additionally, no one expects 100% geographical knowledge but the important ones should be known. Places like Bulgaria, Portugal are not as important as North Korea and Australia.

The better question is why should Americans care about whats going on outside of America when the biggest news in the world is always what's happening in America.

topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2016/chemistry

still no, we're at the top in virtually every subject. no idea why UCL is at the top of the default list, sort it by subject. UCL isn't really at the top of any so i have no idea where that came from. the only other country that can compete with our universities is the UK and that's an objective fact

>American general education

also the fact that it's on a late night comedy show and they purposely only show the idiots they filmed. why would they show a bunch of people just correctly pointing out countries when they could show retards thinking canada is north korea? one of these things is funny

I shouldn't have picked a black chick. Americas wh*Tes are just as bad at geography

They're all mongrels of no discernable race

GENGHIS KHAN

Ok, but look at how do they rank universities.
QS is an american ranking.
Academic reputation ? According to who ? We don't even know..
Employer reputation ? Which employer ? Probably american ones, so obviously biased.
Citations per paper ? Again like I said, which papers ? English-language ones, which obviously favors english-language research.

You know, I'm not trying to criticize your universities, I know they're top quality, but please do not call these rankings objective, they're really not, even their creators admitted that.

Do Americans know where Japan is?

I think they proved that decades ago

I bet a shitton of spaniards wouldn't be able to point out Portugal.

If you put them all in a school for the mentally retarded, they mingle with their own just fine and the normal kids don't have to be around them.

bad argument
good argument

youtube.com/watch?v=NK0Y9j_CGgM

Refuse to believe that

>universities where only the 0.1% of the country goes
>that 0.1% is either incredibly rich so they get paid grades or incredibly smart and get scholaships

this.
Plus, they don't even consider non-university research institutions which in some countries like Germany are the main focus of fundamental research. Things like the Fraunhofer institutions, Max-Planck-societies, Helmholtz community and Leibniz community.

Because we're ranking universities and not research institutions you fucking moron

And also the Total War series is done with help of the Frauenhofer Institut.

Don't forget this.

Yeah now go around asking thais and see if they can even find Europe on a map

They can.
Even the Peasants in rural areas there can.

Same goes for France

Yes, but you are ranking them as research institutions, did you even read the entirety of his post ?

Wow thanks I'm convinced now

Fucking retarded kraut

I saw one done here where they asked people to point out where Perth is and even people from Perth were getting it wrong

I don't believe you

Even if they couldn't it wouldn't be a comparable situation. Thailand is a SEA shithole, America is supposedly a well-educated first world nation.

trying to find the video now

Right and in other well educated nations the results would largely be the same

Also like I said they purposely cherrypicked idiots because it's a comedy show, why is this hard to understand

youtube.com/watch?v=iUOBh-km764

>survey sampling international
>cherry picked for comedy show
You sure about that?

Talking about OPs picture, also that shit isn't reliable either because who knows how many people didn't give a shit and just touched the map. There are guesses in the US for fucks sake, and most of the guesses are still correct

>that shit isn't reliable either because who knows how many people didn't give a shit and just touched the map.
Time and time again, our researchers have linked positive respondent experience to better quality data. We take great care to cultivate our now 11.5 million panel participants to ensure they are properly incentivized, engaged in honest practices, and providing high quality data to our clients.

>and most of the guesses are still correct
About one in six (16 percent) Americans correctly located Ukraine, clicking somewhere within its borders.

Not knowing where Ukraine is isn't that big of a deal, it's irrelevant for most people in their every day life

I bet the average european couldn't point out where each SEA country or where the bigger pacific islands are, but someone from your or my country would be much more likely to

That's way higher than I would've expected. Well done America! *head pats*

reddit

You are quite right that knowing where Ukraine is isn't relevant for most people and thus most people wouldn't know where it is. The Americaposter seemed rather adamant that that wasn't true though.

I'm rather adamant that your entire country is one big tranny brothel

The quality of big private or public universities doesn't represent the education of a whole country.

And your entire country is filled with morbidly obese mental defectives.

>tfw 2009 was eight years ago

We all know chinks cheat though

Because it isnt

>muh cheating
Do you have any source to back up your opinions faggot, I have never seen even an preliminary informal proposal about Chinese cheating on PISA or any other International large scale assessment, just accusations from Anglos in newspapers and image-based bulletin boards

>h-hey, we're pretty smart if you only cherrypick the smart ones
that's not how it works.

whites and minorities do form pretty distinct groups. kind of like fleering at whites for black single motherhood

That's not what general education is you sharter.

>russia is asia

Americans are usually pretty good at telling their own kind though

>muh cheating

amerifat-kun……

>I don't know the word general in general education
Damn it's true american don't know how to read.

The difference is that if people in other countries don't know where a place. Is they usually don't support going to war with them.

That's the key, Americans spend trillions, die for Israel, and yet don't know where those places are.