All these little countries in here

Why don't they combine to form one larger country?

I don't understand

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_the_French_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Republic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_and_government_of_the_Dutch_Republic#Influence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Golden_Age
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because you bombed them

Before I clicked on this thread I already knew that it would be from an American flag

We tried, but it turns out we hated it.

They had some meanlingless anärgument of something unimportant like chickens or fart distances

to be fair we don't learn about Yugoslav war in history
it's not relevant

We go from Fall of Berlin Wall-Terrorism

>it's not relevant
American Revolution and Civil war aren't either

America bombed Yugoslavia when it was already on its deathbed and in the process of total dismantling. The first time Croatia and Slovenia already seceded and Bosnia was in the process. The second time all republics but Montenegro seceded and Kosovo was in the process. Its not like America bombing Yugoslavia destroyed it, it was already destroyed.

I'm with OP it makes perfect sense, why hasn't it been done before? Also Germany looks too big, we should definitely divide it.

>when other countries learn about your historical wars

Objectively wrong. The American Revolution is one of the most historically relevant events ever. Pretty much created the modern republic designed by enlightenment ideals and went on to influence countless countries including France most obviously.

Who in their right minds would want to be a part of the same country as albania

Maybe not to foreigner
But to American it's the most important

Only wars we learn in history class are

French-Indian War
American Revolution
Indian Wars
Spanish-American War
Civil War
Mexican-American War
War of 1812 (Barely)
World War 1
World War 2
Vietnam
Korea
Afghanistan
War of the Roses
Napoleonic Wars
Chinese Civil War
Russian Civil War
Gulf War
Israel-Muslim War
Spanish Civil War
Invasion of Grenada

Oh also Invasion of Panama, and the Cuban shit (if you consider those wars)

>Indian Wars
These are literally all I learned about up until high school. Europeans learn foreign languages, we learn what tf Chumash eat.

Autonomous micro states are the future, the age of imperialism and clay theft must end.

To be fair Indians are vastly more important for an American as opposed to Medieval Europe or even a second language

this always confused me. it's actually one of the more relevant military conflicts we've been involved with in recent history and if we hear about it AT ALL in school it's like a day's discussion at most. i had to read about it at home because you didn't hear about it in school and at college you'd have to take pretty specific history courses to get a good education on it.

Something something debt to USA something something USA fucking us over over debt causing lots of unhappy people going to nationalism something something genocide

t. Catalan on vacation

Probably because it didn't directly tie into Communism. Nor was it something that threatened any major NATO nations, so there's really no point.

It's like Syria, even if we started bombing Assad it's unlikely it'd be remembered much in American history books.

Lets JUST it up.

>prop your economy up on international loans
>loans are not grants and must be paid back eventually
>can't pay them back
>economy collapses and turn into a genocidal dictatorship
>THE USA DID THIS

>Probably because it didn't directly tie into Communism.
if not directly then indirectly in some ways. that shouldn't matter though, we were involved in a war that ended up balkanizing yugoslavia which has had lasting impacts up until today.

They were but some Sup Forums tier brainlets runied everything

>The American Revolution is one of the most historically relevant events ever
for you

Europe essentially kept going exactly as it was on the same development trajectories. In fact for most of Europe at the time the American Revolution was basically a theatre of battle for the wider European struggle for dominance. The Spanish and French Empires didnt ally with the 13 colonies out of a belief in "enlightenment ideals" it was a realpolitik move to counter Britain's interests

nice one

the American revolution is one of the primary reasons Napoleon rose to power

reform Prussia
NOW

Prussia is for Balts!

good idea, let's call it Yugoslavia

tell me how

is this this another episode of french aid made french monarchy bankrupt thus the revolution could take place?

this

Why won't all european countries combine into one? Not shitposting, serious question. When will EU finally become a federation? Your cultures are similar, you all speak English these days anyway, your economies are interdependent, you are all following USA. What's the point in not uniting?

you're not this dumb right? you are affected by US global hegemony. if we hadn't risen to be the sole global superpower the world would be way different than it is today, the american revolution affected you very much.

also the american revolution can easily have been said to have inspired the french revolution.

>Your cultures are similar
doubt.jpg

>Your cultures are similar

No.

Benjamin Franklin went to Louis XVI to get moneys that we promised to pay back (we never did really) which helped exhaust the French treasuries and so on.

Also the French helping a democracy thrive wasn't a good look for a monarchy trying to desperately keep order.

Neither is most U.S. states
but we're one country

The difference between Maine and California are probably larger than the U.K. and Croatia

they don't all speak English. English use is only ubiquitous in Nordic countries.

Tell us your secret first Ivan, you got dozens and dozens of different ethnicities and cultures in your country and only troublemakers seem to be Chechens and Tuvans (if you go mess with them that is).

HERE WE GO

>British education

Uh oh.....

What are the differences between Dutch and Italian cultures? You eat waffles and they eat pizza? You have same history, same religion, same everything.

they will, its just edgy neets living on their gov. money shitposting about muh sovereignity, while their elected government agrees to every decision the EU makes

>The difference between Maine and California are probably larger than the U.K. and Croatia

Here is your (You), now troll somewhere else

The US was not the global hegemon until 1945. that's 162 years after the American Revolution

The American Revolution was a set back for the British Empire, which nevertheless didn't reach its greatest power and extent (and become the world superpower) until the 1800s.

Meanwhile the French (Britain's greatest rival for hegemony) gained from the American Revolution, but also did not achieve their greatest power until later.

*germanic
That's the main reason they learn English easily.
bro come on.

>War of the Roses
Never learnt it
>Napoleonic Wars
Barely
>Russian Civil War
Never
>Israel-Muslim War
Never
>Spanish Civil War
Briefly mentioned
>Invasion of Grenada
Never

Public American education is so shit

>The difference between Maine and California are probably larger than the U.K. and Croatia

>same religion

prot*stant vs catholic

>What are the differences between Dutch and Italian cultures?
A whole lot

>You eat waffles and they eat pizza?
Waffles is Belgium

>You have same history
No

>Same religion
Calvinism vs Catholic

>same everything.
Nyet

Russia and the US should become one country, same culture, history, religion and everything

no, English is not ubiquitous in all Germanic countries, you fucking idiot. Germany, the largest non-Anglophonic Germanic country, does not have even 75% English speakers

>The US was not the global hegemon until 1945. that's 162 years after the American Revolution
...and? if the revolution never happened we wouldn't have EVER become the global hegemon. and we put the concept of republicanism and a weakened (i.e. one you can remove from power) polity. this sparked their revolution.

Tuvans are not troublemakers at all and Chechens chilled out a lot since the 90s. And why would there be a secret? Why can't different ethnicities live in same country in peace?

put the concepts in their minds with our revolution**

>same religion

The difference in two neighbouring villages in Russia can be bigger than between Finland and Portugal.

Russia needs to join the 21st century and change to the Latin alphabet.

>A whole lot
Examples? Protestantism and Catholicism are 2 branches of western Christianity.

im right though. The french revolution was the revolution that rocked europe, and the french revolution didn't happen because of the American revolution.
There were elements of but there was also
>the fact that the french aristocracy and royal family were part of an absolute monarchy (nothing like the system in the 13 colonies before independence)
>feudalism was still the actual way of living
>the 7 years war. in europe. in which france had nearly 30 times as many people killed as in the American revolutionary war

Im not saying the revolution in the US was irrelevant, im saying that to european powers it was a sideshow and that the french kings had completely dildo'd their country without the help of the revolutionary war in america (which was actually a success)

Cyrillic is objectively superior

Look at the Netherlands and Austria. People who speak Germanic languages natively can pick up another one easily nordicboo. I don't know what Germany's excuse is but it's probably because half their country was under Soviet rule just a little while ago. (which is why people from Eastern Gremany who grew up then don't speak English as well like Angela Merkel)

who cares?
it's not like eurpean christians follow the religious dogma anyways

>7 borders
>6 republics
>5 ethnic groups
>4 languages
>3 religions
>2 alphabets
>1 country

re-read my original post here where i specifically said "Europe essentially kept going exactly as it was on the same development trajectories"

that the US became a superpower 162 years later is relevant now, but it doesnt make the revolution the most important thing that happened THEN.

>and we put the concept of republicanism and a weakened (i.e. one you can remove from power) polity. this sparked their revolution.
what do you mean? There was influence from some individual american revolutionaries (Jefferson in particular) but the American revolution absolutely did not invent republicanism. The french would have known all about that because everyone in europe studied the classics, particularly republican rome

The people are just way different. Think differently about food, relationships, work, free time etc.
I know 3 Italians pretty well and they're pretty different. The Dutch are closer to Fins than Italians

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_the_French_Revolution

where did you learn any of this? our revolution wasn't the only cause but you could easily say it was one of the biggest and for many reasons, notably ideological and financial

why are Austrians good at English?

>I don't know what Germany's excuse is but it's probably because half their country was under Soviet rule just a little while ago.
It's because they don't see a reason to learn it.

>implying serbia wouldn't have conquered them all if nato didnt bomb them

why not?

No one here assumes an american has ever heard of it

filthy heretic

how much did you learn about the mexican-american war?

oh

It wasn't. It might have been the droplet that made the bucket spill but it was unavoidable.

Also talking about republics, there was a pretty powerful one neighbouring them for a while. The concept of a republic wasn't something new in modern Europe

This! I agree, it's much more phonetic

I hope you get gunned down by a meth head, trigger happy copper.
Americans have no fucking right to be apart of the modern world. All you do is weigh it down.

Nothing, what's your point

I agree to a point. Certain states deserve to be a part of world affaires; New York, Texas, Florida, California and maybe Georgia, but the rest need a nuke.
However, yes should get out of the world. We should withdraw all foreign aid, military, UN, everything. Then we'll see how loud the knocks at our front door get.

is this bait

it's almost like we learn things based on how relevant they are to our lives

you're a fucking idiot for knowing nothing about the spanish american war though lmao

>american "revolution" influencing the french revolution
jeez
imagine being this stupid

mexican american**

but you probably know fuck all about either

desu i didn't even learn about the french-indian war nor napoleonic and barely ww1

that's what it says in all our textbooks. The American revolution led to the french revolution, and then to other revolutions all around europe

stop shitting door knobs

At what point did I call you an idiot m8

Not him, but I'm pretty sure the Dutch Republic came a few centuries before the American one. And yours is based on ours.

imagine being so fucking stupid that you think it didn't

holy shit lol

nobody wants to be in a same country with serbia

why not? They seem like nice lads

What could possibly go wrong?

until they rule over you

Until genocide happens

>1581–1795
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Republic

>The framers of the U.S. Constitution were influenced by the Constitution of the Republic of the United Provinces. They took from the Dutch Republic the idea of a "sovereign union of sovereign states". They also took from the Dutch example the need for political and administrative power to be exercised and interlocked at different levels: local, regional and national. The other great example taken from the Dutch was the ability to compromise in order to achieve a goal for the common good.
>In addition, the Act of Abjuration, essentially the declaration of independence of the United Provinces, is strikingly similar to the later American Declaration of Independence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_and_government_of_the_Dutch_Republic#Influence

>The Dutch revolt against their lawful sovereign, most obviously illustrated in the Act of Abjuration (1581), implied that a sovereign could be deposed by the population if there was agreement that he did not fulfill his God-given responsibility.[citation needed] This act by the Dutch challenged the concept of the divine right of kings[citation needed] and eventually led to the formation of the Dutch Republic. The acceptance of a non-monarchic country by the other European powers in 1648 spread across Europe, fueling resistance against the divine power of Kings.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Golden_Age

>Earlier philosophers whose work influenced the Enlightenment included Francis Bacon, René Descartes, John Locke and Baruch Spinoza
Descartes, Locke and Spinoza all lived in the Netherlands by the way.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment

oh god it's this larper again