Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
youtube.com/watch?v=BfbBcrGetVg
youtu.be/tjLv-7CVa0E
youtu.be/GXFIYFqiZFM
youtu.be/AjgDozrJ5Ic
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I still can't believe, the insectoid motherfuckers blowing up my city (buenos aires)

>mfw civilian bug apologists think buenos aires was an inside job

You can tell the director was a nordicist, the guy in the back is ultra nordic.

I do want to know more.

That's Gary buseys son you swine

>those damn bugs killed Sam Fisher
;_;

gonna have to take this off my chest:
Dizzy >> Carl >>>>>>>> Carmen

Good post, Johnny was a cuck for carmen when dizzy is the superior choice

It was an inside job tho.

Daily reminder that Rico spoke Tagalog and was an ethnic Philippine.

>Rico was a Flip in the original book

damn...

I've always thought the movie was implying the main characters have Nazi ancestry. South American Nazi escapees

I'm aware the actual character is Filipino in the books though

WRONG!

kek ew

It's funny when people take the book or movie straight and think they glorify fascism.

Many people think It failed as a satire though. Service guaranteeing citizenship is a based idea.

the original book also uses power armours like Edge of You Need is Kill and many anime. but i guess Veerhoven didn't want to use that on his movie for monetary or lazy reasons

The federation was supposed to be an analogy of Nazi Germany in the movie.

Might have looked too fake with CG bugs at the times technology.

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

well back then they still relied on props old-school style so yeah doing a FULL body armour was too much
that or Veerhoven got a trauma from all the postproduction work he had to do with the ED-209 in Robotech and said "you know what, we'll just put them bulletproof vests. fuck this"

>Many people think It failed as a satire
>many people
Nice use of weasel words.

the movie was only loosely based off of Starship Troopers and only took the actual name later in production

I really like the uniforms/armor in the book and wished some TV series outside of Firefly got to use them

speaking of anime it's very most likely Veerhoven saw the Starship Troopers OVA
youtube.com/watch?v=BfbBcrGetVg
in that one Johnny and Carmen are argentinian instead of filipino. not to mention the actors look like their anime counterparts (except Zim that was a nigger in the anime)

>weasel words
Nigga make a Starship troopers thread on Sup Forums and the whole thread devolved into this argument. Newfags and redditors will repeat a million times "u kno this is satire rite" like they are the first ones to find out. Then people will argue back about them doing a piss poor job at satirizing fascism. There's no real deep political acumen in the movie.

The 10/10 animated series features the both the full exosuits and powered armour suits.

The way some sentences and situations were lifted directly from book was a bit bizarre, as the context was different.

There was an anime from late 80's with mechas
youtu.be/tjLv-7CVa0E
Also some modern CG crap.
youtu.be/GXFIYFqiZFM

it's like they don't know Verhoven movies at all
just look at Robocop, Total Recall and Showgirls. autoritarian dystopia is a common background to all and the main characters don't fight it directly, just deal with it

i'd rather forget that existed, but if it made your childhood then good for you

Movie is pretty clear, but some people seem to genuinely think Heinlein was a fascist.

Exactly it's only as political as the action movie genre allows. The "satire" is self aware and not subtle at all and the movie depicts the fanatic militarism as actually necessary to exterminate the overwhelming bug colonies in the movie.

We want the Metal Gear Solid audience
youtu.be/AjgDozrJ5Ic

saw Invasion on a saturday afternoon, should watch Traitor of Mars as well
.... btw why Dizzy is back and uglier?

Another CGI movie? Nice.