Why hasn't Balkan cuisine achieved international recognition, in your opinion?

Why hasn't Balkan cuisine achieved international recognition, in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

friesian.com/turkia.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because I don't think it's legal to barbacue bosnians in the rest of the world

>balkan cuisine
you rascals went too far this time

You need significant amounts of diaspora in major cities to introduce the cuisine to the masses.

no slerbosnian immigrants

>Slovenian cuisine
>the same as Balkan cuisine

um....ignorant much, sweeties? X

It's true that a lot of foods come from the Ottoman Empire, but you guys also adopted Byzantine culinary elements and mixed them with Persian/Middle Eastern. Also Balkan dishes tend to be variations of Turkish, not exact copies/replicas. Remember, we eat a lot of pork.

well you posted the term "balkan cuisine" m8
should've said slovenian cuisine instead (without the same picture)

Because there are not as many shops where u can walk in and order balkan food. If they did like arabs do with kebab it might be recognized

I didn't make the thread lol

But that's haram.
Why aren't you guys good post-ottomans?

idk about byzantine culinary elements you speak of, but I'm fairly certain most balkan cuisine is turkish but pork
I mean even the names are so similiar pide, köfte etc.

what am I looking at? sausage bits between two breads? looks good

Because before the Ottoman domination we were Byzantinists and in many ways the Ottoman Empire was also Byzantinist and a succesor state of the Byzantine Empire, especially when it came to statecraft. We're all Byzantinists.

This thread is about Balkan cuisine because it's easy to make, has spicy condiments, and relies heavily on grilling, just like American food.

Slovenian cuisine is more like an Italian/Austrian/Hungarian mix and doesn't have as much crossover potential.

Delet this

Small, charcoal-grilled beef patties on unleavened bread.

We are all in debt to the Byzantine Empire. Even you guys perpetuated many of its traditions. Including culinary ones.

because people are plebs and have biases against Slavs and think everything from Eastern Europe must be some barbarian caveman food. They don't know what they're missing out on.

Just think of the Phanariotes.

Go google turkic cuisine. It doesn't look like ottoman/turkish cuisine

Balkan versions of Turkish dishes are sort of streamlined, idk how to explain it, like in the OP pic, you take your cig kofte, remove the rice and the tomatoes, shorten the kofte by half, add unleavened bread like in a gyro and chopped onions, and you get the Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian dish ćevapi u lepinji-

They were just rich greeks though.

i guess the term "balkan" would be perfetcly fine if turkish food was talked about?

Turkish cuisine is turkic cuisine though.

alright, sounds good

*sorry, cig kofte is raw meat, I was thiking of kofte the way I saw them served in Istanbul fast food shops, long and with a helping of rice, tomatoes and some salad leaves.

Yeah sure

Much more than that. They were Byzantine noblemen and businessmen who became experts in statecraft. Most of them were raised to the prestigious office of dragoman and later they were appointed princes of the Romanian Danubian Principalities which, unlike the rest of the Balkans, have retained their autonomy and wealth.

"Balkan cuisine" is just stolen from Turkish cuisine.

What do you mean? Turkish cuisine is internationaly recognised as far as I know.

Nigger turkish=turkic so every turkish food is also turkic cuisine now.

Yeah ok but what does that have to do with the byzantines. The phanariotes were just rich greeks which managed to keep the sultan their friend so they got good positions and stuff.
Also what do romanians think of the ottomans and modern turks in general?

Turks

looks nasty

No shit.

Because it's disgusting greasy shit

There are distinctions. Serbs do smoked meats. Greeks do simple but extremely tasty seafood/lamb. We do overcooked mixtures of vegetables and different types of sausage and meat. Turkish food is a separate thing, not that it's bad.

Well, actually I'm Circassian and Circassian cousine is completely different from Turkish cuisine and thus original.

Balkan cuisine is nothing but a cheap rip-off from Turkish cuisine only with pork.

Because balkan people can't into politeness and service.

>be in croatia at a tourist beach
>want to buy a cevapi sandwich
>guy who owns the place is busy on the phone and ignores me and like 5 other people who want to buy something
>wait 5 minutes
>leave

Don't even want to imagine what customer service looks like in non-touristy places on the balkan.

But so is our cuisine, mein Kaiser.

We have cevapi grills, burek bakers and gyros shops everywhere.
Balkan street food is breddy gud
Western yurocuck only have shitty kebab shops that use processes meat kek

>one guy=entire nation

cry is free my converted greek brother

>shitty kebab

rude

I've had waitresses on the Black Sea coast treat me as if I murdered their families.

Cevapi is actually less fat than wurstel.

>this complaint
>coming from an Austrian
kek
Vienna is second only to maybe Paris in waiters and people in the food and drink service industry treating you like complete shit

The whole region of the Balkans is criminally underrated

Because the Phanariotes are a prime, living example of Byzantine traditions conserved by the Ottomans.

You should check this out
friesian.com/turkia.htm

>what do Romanians think of the Ottomans and modern Turks in general?

Difficult question. Depends on how better they can understand history (not propaganda). I just wish Turkey would take better care of their inherited Ancient Anatolian, Byzantine and Orthodox patrimony. I think that normies like Turkey more than Western Europe/EU tho. I can't guarantee anything.

Ιt's called turkish cuisine

no its not,its overrated
fuck off

Kek, that's completely true. Viennese waiters are fucking rude, you never see this in any other country.

the balkans is a shithole
outside of Slovenia and Croatia there is nothing to see except poverty, baseless nationalism and alcoholism

Croatia is literally perfect

A Slovenian food company actually came up with a burek filled with a traditional Slovenian cheese-infused sausage and sauerkraut. It comes across as mushy baby food tho, but it was a noble attempt to combine the balkanic and the central european.

I'll check it out.

>I think that normies like Turkey more than Western Europe/EU tho
Isn't this everywhere the same?

Romania is a shithole yes but you aren't really part of the Balkans

What about all the impressive landscapes and historical centers and monuments? Like Kotor, Ohrid or many other places. The Balkans are full of history and culture. It's worth visiting, just avoid modern cities and their inhabitants.

Perhaps. A lot of my friends went to Turkey and fell in love with the place. Now they go there on vacation every summer.

I am Transylvanian
Built by turks or greeks

And Venetians or Austrians. And that doesn't change anything, they're still worth seeing.

fuck off its not
you can see it here too

Și Ardealu-i tot România fgm de senil.

Tb h balkan people are pretty cool in general and in many ways pretty similar to us.
For example whenever I talk with an arab they go full 'INSALLAH MASALLAH ONE UMMAH BROTHER' but with balkan people I can have comfy conversations about food and culture as long as the topic of history doesn't come up.

Romania is fully a part of the Balkans because they were historically ruled by both Turks and Greeks and that influence is very noticeable in Romanian culture and hair colour even today.

Transylvania is Central European
this

You're either a bozgor or in denial.

he is one of the more disgusting autists on this site, he has been posting "I am Transylvanian" incessantly for months

What do you mean? I have a lot of Turkish buddies with whom I always discuss history almost exclusively and we never have any arguments. We provide each other with precious insights on how our two people view the same historical events from our respective points of view.

No, I am Transylvanian
Why would I want to associate myself with genocidal maniacs and war crime deniers?

>I am Transylvanian
No one cares, you piece of shit. Also Transylvania is Balkan, and you are a disgusting basement dwelling autist.

Romanians are genocidal maniacs and war crimes deniers, but Romanians from Transylvania are a special, different breed of Romanians who have nothing to do with the Romanians from Wallachia and Moldavia?

Does not compute.

I dont know man some of them get a bit angry which I can understand.

>Transylvania is Balkan
You wish lmao
Yes
regățeni were slaveowners well into the 19th century
Transylvanians have a clear conscience

Transylvania was ruled from istanbul just the same as wallachia and moldavia were so you can stop already.

No it wasn't

I am also Transylvanian, but I'm a Romanian first. Wtf. It's like a German saying "I'm a Westphalian" or a Bulgarian saying "I'm from Burgas".

Very autistic indeed.

Why would you have a guilty conscience about slavery? Have you owned any gypsy slaves in your lifetime? Also the only reason Transylvanians didn't have gypsy slaves is because the Austrian crown forced them to abolish slavery in the 18th century.

The sins of the father are the sins of the son

Is this some form of Romanian "white guilt"? Fuck you and fuck gypsies. They deserved to be slaves.

>it's all from le kebab empire
I swear, Turks are as bad as Greeks when it comes to monopolizing foods.

You cannot prove me wrong

Ummmm sweaty
Thats Türkish