Why does the stereotype of "fat and stupid American" exist?

Why does the stereotype of "fat and stupid American" exist?

statistics

because germans think they are smarter than them

because it's funny

Stereotypes are usually based on reality

Because reality

Jealous haters

Mad because they ain't us

Ironically, the reason America's obesity rate is so high is that blacks and latinos* have an absurdly high obesity rate. If you remove us from the equation, America's obesity rate would literally drop by 10%, down to where the UK and Australia currently are. Regardless, media depictions of fat Americans are always white rednecks.

It seems incredibly dishonest, and I wish it would stop. It's depicting a false image of the country. The whites tend to be in good shape. The fatties, unfortunately, are from us. Blacks, latinos, especially black latinos, with our obsession with THICC and ass.

*this is mostly Mexicans, of course. Boricuas and Cubans actually have a lower obesity rate than the national average, but we represent at most 1/4 of latinos and not even 5% of the whole country.

How can I become more like an American?

they are fat, but I don't think they are stupid

hamburger

You are making it sound as if non-whites are not Americans

*drop by 5%

Sorry, been drinking. But you get my point. The fattest ethnic group in the entire world is african-american females. If you lined up 100 black women from America, 70 of them would be overweight. It's a massive problem that our media doesn't want to deal with, because it's more fun to show fat white rednecks on scooters.

Hamburger is German

>WE WUZ THIN AND SHIEEET
lol burgers

Depends. Do you count Syrians as Germans?

Is it true that americans become fat on purpose so the hurricanes can't take them?

>Grow 6'6 (that's 198 commie-meters)
>Don't give a fuck
>Love freedom & jesus
>Get swole
>Have 2 girlfriends minimum at a time
>Stay true for your country
>Fight for the rights of every man
>Fear nothing
>Befriend a few strangers
>Always strive to be #1

No, of course not. I'm non-white and I'm an American. I'mt only saying that "fat Americans" are always depicted as white and this is inaccurate.

Hamburg is German. But the hamburger was invented by an American from New Haven, Connecticut, who had German grandparents from Hamburg.

all of americas stereotypes can be linked to the south and it's culture. We seriously should have let the south secede.

Pacific Islanders are actually the fattest people in the world.

i bet that guy in the america shirt would be fun to have a beer with

>We seriously should have let the south secede
And have a Balkanized America locked in nonstop civil wars. That would work out very well, no?

How can Syrians be German if they are Syrian already?

You stupid fucking Finn, you pseudo-European, you castrated Russian, you ugly Swede, can you not fucking read? Did taking Ivan's cock for a century addle your brains? I specifically said "us" when talking about blacks and latinos.

My family's been here longer than yours, get fucked

>It's a massive problem that our media doesn't want to deal with, because it's more fun to show fat white rednecks on scooters

They can't talk about black obesity because it's not PC, man.

Hey now, we're not all fat.

Media

Is this representation of fat American more accurate?

No, this is.

Yes, it really is. Most fat Americans are non-white. Whites (of all nationalities, even latino ones) and asians tend to be in very good shape, the fattest states are also the blackest/most mexican states.

>ameriblob

fuck off with the mixed race meme

3% of Americans are officially mixed race (mostly hapas, but many are half black/half white like me). 12.5% are "full black". 5% are "full asian", and so on....the United States of America is 65% non-hispanic whites, barely 71% if you include hispanic whites (Ted Cruz/Tony Romo types). Representing us as a mixed race country is not inaccurate.

Contrary to what you might think, obesity is actually a sign of malnourishment. Most obese people are lower class and can't afford good quality food.

It's not a stereotype, it's facts.

Because of TV. We Americans are also too vocal for our own good and say stupid shit when we get mad.

>autism

Haven't seen anyone do that around here. I swear these things are blown way out of proportion.

Nobody in our country looks like that sans a few mulatoes.

Because we have an obesity problem and a stupidity problem. It's true and accurate. I'd hope Americans would be able to see inside themselves and amend their lives by having it shoved in their face constantly but they seem determined to maintain the status quo.

me on the left

> If you remove us from the equation, America's obesity rate would literally drop by 10%, down to where the UK and Australia currently are
Right, because removing your own undesirables from the statistic but not theirs is quite fair indeed.