What the fuck is going on?

What the fuck is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ecW_4lcznic
youtube.com/watch?v=ojIcFOtZW48
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolithic_dome
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bjb7QtMEBUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jesus is thankfully, finally, punishing them for Despacito and running up 60 billion dollars in unpaid denbts.

The Second Coming.

West Africa is sending hurricanes to America as reparations for slavery.

This already happened in 2008, newfag.

Hurricane season

to be completely honest this isn't uncommon

God's punishment for leaving mother Europa

Still better than the punishment for staying (The world wars, Napoleon, front lines of the Cold War)

This proves that American cardboard houses only get destroyed because they are made of cardboard.

Do Europeans seriously not use Plywood?

juju from afrika

For cheap and quick internal walls only.

Even our favelados use brick and mortar

Not here. It wouldn't work here anyway.

Without deep foundation (steel bars in the ground and usually a concrete foundation) our houses would slowly sink away at least on one side.

On top of it we usually use concrete walls. With bricks in front of it for decoration. And an insulation layer.

Modern houses are literally concrete lego blocks with the piping already done. And the roof and brick walls just quickly get added for the looks.

>implying the average european home could withstand a category 5 hurricane or tornado.

Check this
youtube.com/watch?v=ecW_4lcznic

This is how entire cities here are build.

Ours don't even need to, as we don't have them.
If they did, we would make sure they could.

Its hilarious and ironic that the south doesn't believe in climate change yet they are the ones being pelted with hurricanes. Its only going to get worse

The roof might collapse, but I'm pretty sure the house would stand.

McPlywood houses are ass. Their fancy facades won't fool me.

Mate you're an idiot.

Category 4 tornadoes have destroyed entire schools that were made of Brick and Metal.

Cat 5's are significantly stronger. And Hurricanes are on a different level.

spics and island niggers getting btfo

captcha:
>keep north

God is trying to drown all the Hispanics and blacks so white people can move back in.

It's tornados that explode the vast majority our houses, not hurricanes. And tornadoes give precisely zero fucks what your house is made of, you could make it out of adamantium and if a tornado wants your house kill it will be kill. Brick and stones houses get rekt just the same as wood.

this

Tornadoes destroy brick and mortar houses all the fucking time.

european houses aren't made with hollow walls and wooden structures

Also I don't think Yuropoors even know how the process works. It isn't the house being blown over it's the massive pressure differences of a tornado vs the air inside the home that make the house literally explode.

I'm about to fucking die AMA

Does your house have air in it? Then a tornado can and will destroy it. See It's the air pressure, not the force of the wind. Though that will rekt what's left after the house has already exploded.

Why would god do such hateful thing? His son wasn't even wh*te.

That's literally what we do too, the entire exterior of my house is brick and only interior walls are light wood. A category 5 could scatter it into a billion pieces. Do Europeans seriously not understand how strong these storms are?

>AMA
If the hurricane doesn't kill you, will you do the honorable thing and end your own life?

>this destroys American houses

youtube.com/watch?v=ojIcFOtZW48

But our structural walls are reinforced concrete, not brick and mortar.

Doesn't matter

Category 5 hurricane and all the tornadoes and storm surge it creates would destroy anything you build short of a hurricane specific dome home (we have them on the beach here)

This is the most destructive thing nature can throw at you, I don't think Europeans really understand what going through one is like. Imagine the absolute WORST storm you've experienced, that's a normal Florida storm. Multiply that by 10 and that's your AVERAGE hurricane

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolithic_dome

>The dome, when finished, is earthquake, tornado and hurricane resistant (the US Federal Emergency Management Agency rates them as "near-absolute protection" from F5 tornadoes and Category 5 Hurricanes). Recently, a number of monolithic domes constructed using MDI techniques have survived major disasters:
>Several monolithic domes in Florida survived direct hits by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
>Many monolithic domes were in the path of the 2005 and 2006 wildfires in Oklahoma and Texas, and survived with only slight charring of the exterior foam insulation.
>In 2003, a monolithic dome government building in Iraq survived a direct hit by a 5,000 lb (2,300 kg). bomb. The interior of the structure was totally destroyed, but the dome itself remained standing

>Disadvantages
>The techniques used in monolithic dome construction are very different from normal construction methods, so only specially trained construction crews are suited for building a dome using the modern techniques.
>The curved surfaces inherent to monolithic dome construction often result in oddly shaped rooms when divided up, which can result in wasted space in narrow corners. There are issues of wasted floor space due to wall curvature and problems fitting furniture, similar to those of Quonset huts. This effect can be minimized by constructing the dome on a stem wall, or by using an airform of such shape as to allow for straight, vertical walls at ground level.
>The monolithic dome's lack of seams may make it too well sealed; dehumidifiers are required in all but the driest climates.

>le reddit is bad we're the edgy dark corner of the internet

There were houses specifically built to weather storms here on the beach that were built ENTIRELY of solid concrete and even they got blown the fuck out, the only difference is that they actually still had something left on the foundations after the storm. Look I don't doubt that on average your homes are built sturdier but please try to understand how strong hurricanes are and that even your houses would be thrown hundreds of feet in the air

And concrete building get destroyed by tornadoes like everything else. I've ever seen steel frames building bent and warped like used pipe cleaners with all the walls and roof exploded in a two mile radius around the property.

Lmao the dome home in he picture is where I live, that's 5 minutes from my house, that's the home I mentioned in

you underestimate how dangerous those are

If something sharp got caught in it and it hit someone it'd kill them

Harvey was a category 4. Today we had a category 5 hurricane on our Islands with double the speed.
In both cases you could really see the difference between the materials for a building. A wooden shed is much more likely to be demolished than a proper solid structure.

I read yesterday people on our part of the Islands had closed off their windows, which also helps saving the interior I guess.

Nah but this does

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bjb7QtMEBUg

Weather here is fucking crazy

Yeah anyone with a brain in hurricane prone areas has storm shutters, if the hurricane decides to take your entire house it won't matter but otherwise they're good to have to protect you from shattering windows

I'm about to get hit by Irma, the cat5, not the first 5 I've been hit by either and it's pretty terrifying

>even your houses would be thrown hundreds of feet in the air
We have proper foundations, not just a concrete slap you put your house on.

Steel frame buildings aren't that strong.

Harvey caused flooding, the houses didn't fall down tard. The tornadoes brought with Harvey did but guess where you can't get tornadoes? On a tiny little island.

>We have proper foundations
Yeah so did the hurricane resistant houses here that got all but destroyed

Just consider yourself lucky Europe never has to deal with the long dick of Mother Nature on a regular basis

Revenge

>Just consider yourself lucky Europe never has to deal with the long dick of Mother Nature on a regular basis
I think your forgetting our country is below sea level.
Our last flood in 1953 caused floods in the areas on the pic.

After which we decided never to get flooded again.

we have earthquakes mah nigga

That's what would remain of our cunt without water protection with the current weather conditions.

>Just consider yourself lucky Europe has government involvement and invests in infrastructure
ftfy

Yeah my entire state is below sea level and our last food wasn't 60 years ago, just a couple years ago we got 21 inches of rain in a single day

lol not pacific rim tier earthquakes you don't

When it blows we ALL gon die

>my entire state is below sea level
Which one? Because it's basically only the region near Salt Lake and New Orleans that I can find that's actually below sea level.

After some googling I found out that Americans that storm-proof their houses also just use reinforced concrete with a proper foundation. Just like we build our houses.

The only difference is storm proof houses also properly secure their roof. While our roofs would blow away.

Except that in the USA its expensive because it has to be custom build, while here it's basically factory work. And you just order the pieces.

This does not take into account what happens with your windows and furniture when objects start flying of course.

Florida, I guess only small portions are below but the entire state is AT sea level

Even the ones with proper roofs got destroyed

There's only so much you can do to prepare for a cat5 and a dome home is the only actually sure thing

Wh*tes getting their punishment.

Please send more.

>Florida, I guess only small portions are below but the entire state is AT sea level
We're BELOW sea level by a few meters, right next to water. We literally have to climb to reach the rivers.

We sometimes have a tiny flood, from heavy rain. Just floods gardens and streets, houses are slightly higher.

300km/h, faggot

It's almost as if this happens because the same winds that blow the hurricanes also blew the ship sails to make that journey possible.

But no it's actually Jakub taking vengeance on the whites.

Now imagine what would happen if you had a category 5 with 8 meter storm surge like Katrina

Goodbye Amsterdam

It's hurricane season

netherlands houses in netherlands antilles got absolutely BTFO though

Depending on the area our dykes can reach up to 12 meters above sea level.
Although it can be lower in areas with lower waves.

In North and South Holland the areas are protected with a risk that only a 1 in 10.000 year sea storm can flood it.
Less important and less flood prone regions have a lower protection.

And if it gets flooded we have dedicated flooding areas, which will flood before our cities do. Giving us time to pump some away or wait for the weather to change. But that isn't ideal of course because the space is limited.

We unironically don't know the extend of the damage yet.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we also have cardboard houses in the carribean.

The 22 meters high storm barriers of Rotterdam. It's 237 meters long.

DESIGNATED
FLOODING
AREAS

The hurricane looks dangerous but I doubt he can survive the Bermuda Triangle.

The irony is that our country is literally sinking. So not only to the sea levels rise, we are literally going down.