Whenever I talk to people from former colonial powers...

Whenever I talk to people from former colonial powers, they seem to think there was nothing wrong with them conquering and enslaving, pillaging and raping.

To those from a former imperial power, how do your schools cover the subject of your erstwhile imperial acts?

Im speaking mainly to Britain and France, but any other former "powers" may respond.

Britain was bad
Remove redcoat

we dindu nuffin

Soapbox yanks are the least pleasant type of yank

Well the Brits were evil, same as the Spanish they wanted empires and empires are not built on charity and gentle politics
But well they are now a shell of their former selfs.

Breathing brits are the worst type of brits

Well... Have you been to Paris recently? I guess considering the amount of "new french" citizens, you can guess how they cover this topic. Probably "we are guilty so let them all in".
I remember studying french a decade ago and listening to song "Ouvrez Les Frontieres - Tiken Jah Fakoly". Actually this song explains everything.
There is nothing left to save in France...

> conquering
Nothing wrong with this; all entirely legal.
> enslaving
Britain had a miniscule slave trade, banned it outright any of the Americas and back home, and enforced the worldwide ban, with force of arms, in the 19th century. The world should thank us for this.
> pillaging
Never happened.
> raping
Never happened.

Can I pee on your dick?

>All entirely legal
Well if there was no law about it you could say yeah it was legal

right of conquest faggot.

Very delusional

So Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Panama, and the Philippines was just banter?

>raping didnt happen
>britain
Lol theres a lotta mulattoes from the South 300 years ago that would disagree with you

Not him, but our problems became your problems the minute you broke off. And I don't happen to recall a British America that stretched from the east to the west coast.

We dont have a crown for those places to be subject to

Democracies cannot be imperial by definition. Also, you jack off to traps so anything you say is suspect.

>c-conquest is illegal
if you don't see the mistake in that statement then nigga u dumb

>Democracies cannot be imperial by definition.

They also can't have cabals of unelected people who choose their leader against the wishes of the people, but that doesn't stop you from claiming to be one.

Actually terra nullis was an acknowledged principle in the body of law at that time.

The Spaniards built schools, hospitals and churches. In their own way they meant to protect a people they thought had been under satanic influence (the human sacrifices by the Aztecs tended to have that effect at the time) and whose Christianization they thought beneficial to them. The crown prohibited slavery of natives early on as well. It's true they had further purposes in mind and that most of these were self serving but characterizing them as evil is missing a lot of nuance, Mexicans dio descend from them as much as the natives, understanding BOTH points of view is equally important.

Why can't I pee on your dick?

>east to west coast
Of course not. But British masters fucked african slaves in the east and south like it was going out of style.

>Democracies cannot be imperial by definition
>Puerto Rico owned by the USA
>can't vote for the President of the United States
Very democratic

>that map
wat

>wh*Te apologist
Neck yourself.

>Applying modern sensibilities to pre-modern history

People killed other people because it gave them the best chances of survival. Do you think Africans should feel bad about selling other Africans to Europeans as slaves?

Ah, the good old 'they're American when I say they are meme'.
In that case, the 'revolution' was just a civil war, I'm sure you agree.

So youre denying that you jack off to traps?

Typical Leaf false flag misdirection bullshit.

i was born in 89 and dont remember being taught about the empire other than tangentially when we did WW1

the british empire did nothing wrong anyway

Its as simple as "theyre american after the country was created". There cantnbe Americans without america.

Before 1776 they were British. Most of them, anyway.

What part is 'delusional'?

Are you implying that Englishmen from only 300-400 years ago were ok with their countrymen raping and pillaging other peoples? The English always were, and are, a nation of rule-followers and law-abiders. If there was some massacre in the Americas, there was generally massive fuss and trial back home about it - we weren't savages.

Rape and pillage, of course, went on in a small, individual scale, but nation/empire-wide, mass pillage and rape would have been abhorrent to English people even then.

British slave trading was always tiny, and given Anglicanism and our unique Magna Carta/Common Law system, slavery never 'stood right' with the English. And humanity owes the Royal Navy a huge thanks for removing it.

See above. Individual cases of rape, of course, went on; but the implied empire-wide, government-sanctioned rape and pillage just never happened.

My school didn't cover the subject eewith any bias against the Spanish Empire. The colonial period itself wasn't deeply studied, only its beginnings (discovery and conquest of the land) and its end (independence).

I don't think we should denounce the spanish side of our heritage. Both the spanish and amerindian cutures have equal importance in our national culture.
I don't think any government would make it a law to rape people

>see above. Individual cases of rape, of course, went on; but the implied empire-wide, government-sanctioned rape and pillage just never happened

So because the rapes in India arent government sanctioned, are you saying they dont happen? A thing doesnt need to be government sanctioned to reflect badly upon a specific nationality. Look at all of americas gun deaths.

Stoped reading at English were always a nation of rule- followers

Jesus christ read a book dude

>colonise pooinloos and niggers
>complain when they do the same to you

> So because the rapes in India arent government sanctioned, are you saying they dont happen?
Read my post again. Slowly if you like.

Travel the world, mate. Other countries are disorganised nightmares.

Nice argument. With what part do you disagree?

Good versus evil is a european idea assimilated from zoroastrians so Spaniards are evil according to their own religion.

in the modern world it makes no sense, much easier to exploit shitholes by trading without having to waste money on improving their infrastructure
other than that, what's the problem about past stuff? everyone did it, even shitholes tried to conquer worse shitholes than them

The Empire was an exersize in hautiness and greed, and modern Brits are reaping the fruits of their forebears' vile labors.

Only things I feel somewhat bad for are the Tasmanians and to an extent Ireland. Don't care about the rest.

And so are you; with your language, computer, house, etc.

The only respectable thing for you to do is donate it all to the local tribal Americans and 'return' to England.

Yes we can blame the eternal Aussie for the Tasmanian tiger

germanic blood (nords,germans,dutch,belguins,english,french) can be very destructive like roaches....immigration is funny an irnoic but its still no where near devasting.

Kill your self yank

You were much worse than us

This desu

this is so deep

kys

Max par, we didnt even come CLOSE to your savage butchery.

Btw, thanks for the living hell that is the middle east

When they have things done to them that they did to others, they take their ball and go home