Smart enough to get a degree

>smart enough to get a degree
>still believe in g*d
Why do people do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_(psychology)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So you don't see the logical contradiction of 0 + 0 = 1?

Diploma mills and lack of academic rigueur. The root problem here is normies looking at college education as a ticket to a job and an aspirational status rather than studying for knowledge's sake and love of a particular field.

Can't be solved really, you've got MDs who are openly pushing shit like creationism now because rather than be formed as scientists they're taught a trade and tested simply on their ability for rote memorization.

an md has nothing to do with evolutionary biology so she can believe w/e she wants though. that's assuming it's a verifiable version of the creationism, if it is an unverifiable version it is not even a business of yours whatsoever

God is most real. I talked to him a few hours ago tbqh.

>an md has nothing to do with evolutionary biology
Are you fucking retarded? You cannot understand medicine properly without understanding biological evolution.

Supernaturalist religion has no valid place in the modern world and believing that nonsense is a sure sign of a fundamental lack of intelligence.

Because being a fedora is not a sign of intelligence.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_(psychology)

Because Catholicism is the truth?

Atheism is the theological equivalent to being a vegan.

Medical profession involves memorising approved algorithms to avoid getting sued for malpractice.

Why do you care?

Worry about yourself

Why are Christians allowed to push their agenda onto me but I can't push my taoism on them?

firstly the most of the medicine has very little to do with biological evolution

secondly you are rather simple, you can't even get a conception of a useful theory of the fidelity of which one can have his own opinion, they were certainly taught it in the school, but it doesn't they should agree with it, one can be a skeptic to anything, even to the laws of causality, the more so of such a trifle as evolutionary theory. how do you know the world wasn't created a second ago and all your memories and the memories of the other people and the bones of the dinosaurs weren't created a second ago?

thirdly evolution theory itself is not an anti-religious proof in any way because you know, the god could create the evolution

>but I can't push my taoism
But you have already done it by making hippies to read the Way of Life by Lao Tzu and stuff

Because Catholicism was founded by God himself and Taoism wasn't?

What are you doing right now? Quit being a cuck and tell them to fuck off too

>Why are Christians allowed to push their agenda onto me
because you're not a 12-year-old, and thus you shouldn't feel the need to be sheltered from "hurtful" opinions you fucking faggot

>but I can't push my taoism on them?
I'm pretty sure you can. You just have to get organised. There is even a Jewish subgroup that proselytises (Chabad Lubavitch) even though Jews aren't known for doing this.

I don't force them to go to the temple with me or get ostracised

Good on you, next time anyone bothers you just tell them to fuck off

Now answer my question, why do you care what someone else believes in?

A superstitious society will function less efficiently.

Religion is literally the opposite of superstition

>less efficiently

What did he mean by this?

How do you network if I don't mingle with the kids whose parents have high net worth?

A society which imposes ideology will function even less efficiently.

Freendom of thought, freedom of faith, and the ability to debate things openly like adults (rather than act like rebellious teenagers who throw a hissy fit because mommy made them go to church) are important parts of a fully functional society.

>Freendom of thought, freedom of faith

>unironically embracing liberalism or enlightenment thought

>smart enough to get a degree
>smart
>bought a piece of paper for $200k
>smart

>$200k for a degree

Nigga my degree is going to be $20k max and I will have next to no debt, what the fuck are you doing?

>Religion is literally the opposite of superstition
topkek

>What did he mean by this?
If people work on Sunday, even for a little bit, GDP/capita will increase.

Yes, because those values are ultimatelly what stand behind scholarly values and science as whole today.

>but I can't push my taoism on them?
You did when you started this thread you worthless gook

>American education

>good goy, work every day of the week, no breaks needed, you must strive for all of these unnecessary material comforts

The alternative to working on Sunday is to just stay home and rest instead of going to church. A well rested worker is more efficient.

Yes, I'm sure going to church for ~ 1 hour a week is very physically stressful.

People who don't look forward for time in church do not belong in church.

>tfw practically getting payed to do my degree
Thanks OSAP

You could have spent that hour playing Farming Simulator and learning to be a better farmer.

>pushing Taoism
That doesn't sound very Taoist though, at least it doesn't if you're doing it explicitly. You should attempt to convert them subtly without them knowing you're trying to convince them at all.

Society isn't imposing shit, OP is bitching about graduates who practice a religion.

It's not hard to avoid debt for most universities with some careful planning.