Is this sci-kino?

is this sci-kino?

I watched 3 episodes. Definitely not kino but boring as fuck

It's good. idunno about kino though. The story is kind of confusing. I'm on episode 8 of the first season. Trying to figure it out. It starts slow so you have to watch beyond the first 3 episodes.

It's pretty good if you have space operas as a guilty pleasure, I'm 7 episodes in and enjoying myself

If it didn't get you by 3 episodes I say you shouldn't bother, by the end of the 2nd episode I was already convinced with staying for the characters and mystery

I couldn't hear the dialogue

S2 > S1

>SyFy
>Kino

>staying for the characters

arguably the worst thing about the show

Yes it is definately kino

>boring
>slow
Are you people retarded or just American? Everything happens at breakneck speed and doesn't slow down at all til they're on their way to tycho station.

Binge-watched the first season just fine, but I feel like it's a lot harder to follow week to week, I totally forgot some of the huge plot points

Gotta agree the sound mix is pretty terrible in this show

>tfw no mars gf
;_;

I want Holden to fuck me in zero G so bad

zzz

i bet star wars is muuuuuch better

Can someone tl;dr me on the raspy poo in loo's storyline for season 1? Her scenes were just so fucking boring and detached from the far more interesting plots.

Plus her voice is like rusty nails on a chalkboard

As it should be, I'm glad they took their time world building instead of falling for the trap where they try to cram too much stuff in at once, and then the other seasons are like ok now what?

Miller's the superior husbando

Post webbum from S1

Yeah but

Hardboiled detective

I only figured it out in episode 9, maybe 10? This show is very rewatchable because of this. Everything fits together on the rewatch.

I really enjoy the hard sci-fi aspect of the space warfare.

I prefer pewpewpew with light sabers but whatever floats your boat.

>there are people who think this show is "slow"

Good grief

how does it compare to the books
because i fucking love the books but some of the casting doesn't jive with me (okay it's because of amos)

>okay it's because of amos
I think the actor does a fucking great job.

Mars a shit. Earth comes first.

>militarized utopia

sign me up

that's cool, he was just not even close to what i envisioned for the character

amos is probably my fave on the crew so i'm glad the actor is good

The Expanse is probably the most realistic depiction on TV of what warfare will look like in the future

Yeah the guy playing Amos is not intimidating at all and he swings too far between simpering puppy for Naomi and Snyder-tier angry.
He's supposed to be a stoic badass snapping necks and saving lives with the same calm dispassion.

>t. doesn't dream anymore

>sign me up
Nah m8, you don't have enough dust in your blood.

why are you namefagging?

The only thing we can do to Earth is fuck it up by existing, but we can make Mars a garden world that will survive for people millions of years after Earth is gone.

Before you ask, no, interstellar travel isn't an option.

>interstellar travel isn't an option.
t. couch scientist

Feel free to consult some desk scientists re this topic.

We'll all have a great time laughing at you.

>Before you ask, no, interstellar travel isn't an option.
Doubting the Nauvoo?

>He doesn't know what happens to it
Enjoy the next episode.

Generation ships are an exception, but kiddies still think they'll see magic hyperdrives in their 20s.

>make Mars a garden world

not without a magnetosphere

Its pretty good, but there are many scenes where I have to bear through cringe acting and dialogue long enough to get back to the interesting parts.

Season 2 would be significantly better if they simply cut out all the mars muhrines. They add nothing to the story, but produce the most amount of facepalming bullshit.

Mars has a magnetosphere. It comes up about every freaking expanse thread.

Really if you can get to 1 G acceleration, you should be able to get to star systems in 10-20 years.

but isn't it very weak and concentrated at the poles

not enough to sustain a planetwide atmosphere

It strong enough to keep it around for 1,000s of years. You just need to add a Comet every x number of years or so to replace lost gas.

Woah you have something against an all star team of triumphant diversity?

You have something against a woman defeating a robotic exo-skeleton in an arm wrestling match?

Check your Terran privilege there laddie.