The Neon Demon

>finally got around to watching this
>on the couch with the bf
>the scene where Ruby draws the face on the mirror in lipstick
>he blurts out "Ohhh, so SHE's the neon demon!"

Anyway, I thought it was great. Mostly what I expected out of Winding Refn. Top scenes included the party, the triangle scene at the fashion show, what happened in the morgue, and the Ruby montage towards the end.

What did Sup Forums think?

Sssh, don't tell anyone but I actually liked it.

If you compartmentalise at least.

Loved the colours and imagery, loved the themes, wasn't just "Modelling dehumanises people" schtick actually had a proper look at corruption, vanity and narcissism without copping out and attaching it to other themes like money and fame.

Didn't take the easy route and go "She had sex and so is tainted" either. Leaves a few things up for interpretation which was nice.

Didn't like how short it felt, it would have benefitted alot from being longer and fleshing out the processes of corruption and the subtle witchcraft we see. That kind of made it all a little unsatisfying to me. Also I think Elle Fanning wasn't right for the role really. As a result it felt kinda rushed, and it's definately not the kind of movie that gets a sequal.

We can hope someone reimagines the themes and keeps the visual style for a better movie in the future I guess.

"I want to ______ Elle Fanning"

Also lots of people hate it on this board is the general gist I think. You gotta go into it blind but not expect a satisfying third act.

> She's the neon demon!

Wait what? I thought the neon demon was just some metaphor for being corrupted by the vanity and the lifestyle surrounding that world.

I honestly didn't like this movie. Visuals were pretty good, but it was too slow moving and the characters were paper-thin.

What did you think of Jena Malone's character and performance? I got this uneasy vibe from the second she appeared on screen. It was subtle enough not to be like "Look out, she's a creepy lesbian rapist!" More of a "You don't realize there's no door until the walls have been built" situation, if that makes sense.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to be molested by Jena Malone in her spooky witch mansion.

>things reddit says

It was Refn's Eyes Wide Shut
Think about it

On top of it the criticism of the modeling industry was the most basic stuff, nothing I couldn't have predicted. 2.5/5 at best.
I'm fine with slow moving films where "nothing happens" (Inside Llewellyn Davis is one of my favorites) but this just didn't do it for me.

I thought it was great, hypnotizing and the soundtrack was awesome, very fitting. I really do consider it one of his best.

As always the story was simple, but it was still told well. Kind of wish the weird occult shit was hinted at more, but then at the same time it was kind of shocking when it did happen.

>nothing I couldn't have predicted
That's a lie

It was okay, has nice build-up but the last act really falls apart. Felt like they were making shit up on the spot at that point. But regardless, nice visuals, some memorable moments.

I'm not saying the movie wasn't surprising, but for a movie that purports to be critical of the modeling industry, it didn't have much to say.

I was actually thinking today about how she was kinda stole the scenes she was in, she had a really strong charisma.

I didn't really feel uneasy, I kinda thought "oh she seems pretty cool?" but as soon as Ruby was like "sure come over" when she was called I thought something was up.

Then it went all witches and subtle magic which was pretty nice, and when you go back you wonder how much was orchestrated by the witches and how much just happened by chance/illusion.

>Characters were paper-thin

Thats the point....

>Women now openly and actively post here together

Wow Really makes you think

in other words

Kindly fuck off back to ribbit

Doesn't make it a good film though.

Only God Forgives is Refn's greatest film

Watching that tomorrow with a couple of friends

pleb, both neon demon and only god forgives were aesthetically appealing but beyond that didn't work

shows how much of a shallow p l e b you are

>People like something I dont on the internet

Must be women

>women
Or the OP is a gay faggot. Ever think about that?

Nice try, you stick out like a sore thumb.

again, kindly fuck off

I literally just saw your dumb-ass comment while scrolling and came in to comment. Eat shit, you dweeb-ass cunt.

(gently kiss then quietly snuggle with)

>I didn't get it therefor it's stupid
Stick with Inception

only redditors like refn beyond aesthetics, retard

>I literally just

Stopped reading right there

Yeah I bet you did, punk nigger.

>punk nigger.

reddit post

Females seem to like this film, it seems. My ex was extremely excited by it, and she's a complete pleb in regards to films otherwise.

I thought it was fantastic, Refn's best tbr (to be right)

>reddit post
tumblr post.

You should've been here a few years back when Sup Forums was slow and full of lesbians.

their new forum is much better than Sup Forums but I have a hard time relating to all the lez talk

>muh reddit
why are you so in love with that site?

cuddle and feed legumes to

you motherfuckers tricked me into watching this

serves me right

Own

I loved it, it was one of my favorite films from last year.

what the FUCK was his problem

>Take off your shoes.
LITERALLY our guy.

lmao I'm watching this and everyone she comes in contact with loves her on site. She's a model mary sue.