Horror General - /hor/

THAT'S RIGHT

Everybody's favorite thread is back

Discuss horror movies and television series

What was the last horror film you saw, and how was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ueWVisD8rVo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just posting some reddit horror.
What else should be added to this list ?

Hush. Pretty good tbqh, Flanagan still haven't let me down.

It's a shame Ti hasn't done anything close to this film since. Innkeepers was a little dull and his found footage cult movie was not really anything to write home about either.

innkeepers at least was worth watching for the waifu

>if it's popular on another site it is therefore bad
spotting snobby pseuds is getting too easy 2bh

Should I?

t. redditor

I actually liked the Sacrament a lot. It was the first Ti West I saw, and it made me go and watch HotD and the Innkeepers

True. But my waifu Greta Gerwig was in HotD already. This chick was cute too though.

It was well made it just didn't surprise me much. The leader guy was really good but it was literally just Jonestown: The Movie. It seemed weird to make a fictionalized movie and not do anything different with it.

so the entire fucking genre? youre really bad at this. like, so fucking bad.

Rings was ass.
I dont know how they could have made Samarra show up 4 times in a movie all about her. They spent so much time explaining the college professor that it felt like they forgot they were making a horror movie.

Yes

>exorcist
>the thing
>rosemarys
>jacobs ladder

You aren't unironically trying to tell me that these are bad?

Those are reddit

you're about 14 aren't you

>If you don't like reddit movies you are underage
Sup redditor, go be contrarian and praise entry level movies as the best shit ever elsewhere

>tfw reddit is better than Sup Forums

>go be contrarian and praise entry level movies as the best shit ever elsewhere
that doesn't even make any sense.

stop trying so hard to fit in

Can someone rec giallo or wackadoo Italian horror of any kind that's NOT Argento or Bava?

t. redditor
If I wanted to fit in I would say the thing is the best thing ever, like everyone on Sup Forums does

can i ask you why somebody would *pretend* to like the thing to fit in? what kind of person does that?

stop trying. stop bumping this thread and making new threads. delete your shitty starter pack thread and go fucking outside

Was talking with this guy a couple hours ago and he oversold pic related, saying its the best horror movie of the 2000's and all that jazz.

Can I get some opinions here?

im sick of all these "redditors" trying to fit in on Sup Forums by pretending to like indiana jones and the ghostbusters like honestly WTFFFF

It's goofy improv shit. It barely qualifies as horror.

Says the guy on Sup Forums on a friday night
Kek, sure thing redditor

Mediocre film at best....It wasn't horrible, but it was more awkward and cringe-worthy material than actually "Creep"y...

no seriously. delete your shitty starter pack folder, and then kill yourself.

>koreans are dumb: the movie

and the main character's extremely unlikeable

Creep was better.

I saw this with some friends and it was really bad

like really

It's ok at best. But rather watch that creep.

>Asian movie
>Can't tell who's dying because all asians look the same

this was legitimately my problem with the Wailing, and i'm asian :/

My favourite horror film of all time

It's more awkward than scary but it's more interesting than 90% of found footage films. I think it's a solid film.

Will these men make Halloween great again?

No one cares about your shitty bait image, fag.

Cannibal Apocalypse.

So before you think it's a Cannibal Holocaust knock off it's actually more interesting, it's about some Vietnam war vets who were forced to eat people while being kept prisoner by the vietcong. They inevitably go mental and start eating people when they get home and it's up to the local sheriff to stop them.

The problem? He was a pow with them and he's started to get certain urges ...

This has been one hell of a week for slasher movies. The new Friday the 13th is dead, a prequel to Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is coming out later this year, and David Gordon Green is gonna direct/co-write the new Halloween.

What do you guys think about all of this?

literally no one cares

torrents for Incarnate (2016) are out. It's total shit.

I bought the book It because of the remake coming out this year, but I didn't realize it was over a thousand pages

I just don't care that much

Nothing happened.
That stupid movie Beyond the Black Rainbow was like that too.

It could be an interesting time for slasher movies but I doubt it will lead to a real resurgence. Those movies have been lampooned and lampshaded so many times could modern audiences take it seriously anymore?

I'm somewhat exited about the new Halloween but not expecting it to be incredible.

Also here's a full version of that image.

is the house on the right side the Conjuring?

The Amityville Horror

so they aren't bad, they're just "reddit"

please explain

i know what you mean of course, i just want to hear you explain it

>No Leslie Vernon

What a bunch of shit. Silent Hill nurses and Jeepers Creepers get in and not him?

Just watched The Thing. I never get tired of watching Kurt Russel fry some freaks in the snow. It's strangely /comfy/ given the content.

had to google him, still don't know him. Guess he doesn't belong.

>Critters and Killer Klowns

Pretty good.

Dellamorte Dellamore
Pensione paura

hell yeah

>comfy
Quality is quality. I feel the same way about AAWiL, Fright Night (1985), SotD, Ginger Snaps..

almost every snow movie is comfy to me; the shining, cold prey, dead snow, let the right one in, the thing and the grey are all comfy as fuck

Who else has a fetish for ghost cunny? I think Ring screwed me up during my most formative years.

Devil's Pass?

not exactly comfy

how bout 30 days of night?

Watching Nekromantik right now

Just finished watching this. Nice little twist.

Pretty sure the waifu from innkeepers was the cute innkeeper chick, you only see the ghost girl for a few seconds

"The Editor"

Best movie I've seen in a few years...coming from a Giallo fan.

Impressive thing for 2 guys to make basically by themselves

The scene with the mask was scary to me despite being comical at the same time

Ending is hilarious and it's worth seeing just for that

That sounds fucking awesome

Hey, anyone here from the IMDB board?

Here's one for the Lovecraft fans.

Yeah worth it.

Here's my non-spoiler review:

30 minutes in (deserves the hype)
60 minutes in (meh, overrated)
concludes...well, it was pretty good

Best wendigo/cannibal movie and it's not even close

I turned it off with 40 mins left because I couldn't take all the crying and moaning

Idk how shit works in korea, but god damn was that main character unbearable

Here's my last 20. Actually, just last night I saw and liked Geomeun sajedeul/The Priests but it's not listed as horror on IMDb. Also Dead Zone & Interview with the Vampire were rewatches. Hadn't seen either in years and both dropped a rating point from my last rating.

Please, please check out "House of the Laughing Windows".

When your done there, go get "The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh"

I've had Corpse Fucking Art on deck for months. Gotta watch that.

my back pain has never scared me more...

opinions on the upcoming Hellraise Judgement?

pic related is the new pinhead

Whilst I enjoy CH immensely, I've always preferred Cannibal Ferox.

Something about Umberto Lenzi I just love!

exorcist is overrated as fuck

>the IMDB board
If you mean the horror board, yo. Not for very much longer, alas. I know the majority prefers Trash Epics but I hate the layout, and UHM has more activity anyway...

>Guy Pierce
>Wendigos
I'm watching this tonight

What does Sup Forums think of The Collector/The Collection, worth seeing?

idiot

Best meta slasher since the 80's.

>breaks down slasher
>pays homage to slasher
>re-invents slasher

Had the best be-heading scene ever filmed until the 2nd ABC's of death movie

is it this easy to troll and derail threads on reddit by posting bait about Sup Forums? or do people on reddit just talk about movies?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I just naturally thought there would be some to flock here.

I think the same about trash epics...just can't do it.

Any other good Comedy Horrors around sort of like this?

It'll be crap but at least Pinhead isn't fat

youtube.com/watch?v=ueWVisD8rVo

you mean this?

97% rotten tomatoes
3/4 roger ebert
if you care

>Please, please check out "House of the Laughing Windows".
There's a pretty good pit hair scene or two in that one, would recommend.

Braindead (or Dead Alive depending on where you are) is a pretty obvious one I guess.

The Day of the Beast might float your boat, it's a spanish movie about a priest who's committing as many sins as possible in an attempt to be present at the birth of the antichrist so he can kill it.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I just saw Don't Breathe, fucking deseappointing. Literally no tension because they are all dicks and i dont care about them, not gore, somewhat pretentious, ending sucked.
Good photo, Lang is cool, keked at the pipe scene.

Evil dead was better.

5/10

>I kick ass for the lord
Man that movie was over the top ridiculous.

Got to see it a couple of years ago at a film festival with a Q&A with Pupi Avati afterwards, really great.

And strongly seconding
Grabbers is a recent favorite that you may not have seen yet.

I'm glad I gave grabbers a chance, it sounded like a shitty straight to youtube indie horror film but it was actually pretty well produced and well acted.