Joss Whedon can't make good fi-

Joss Whedon can't make good fi-

>Whedon directed it

That explains so much

Man, I wondered why this flick had so many corny quips and had a dumb "release all the monsters button killing everyone" button unguarded at the front door

The final 10 mins completely ruin it though?

-lms
He was born to make TV Shows.

Whenever Sup Forums calls something like Cabin reddit I automatically download it to spite them

He didn't direct it

This, he should have never been allowed close to the big chair.

This is the worst attempt at horror satire I have evr seen. It wouldn't even call it satire. What was the fucking point Whedon was trying to make with this?

He made the Avengers, the best super hero movie ever. What are you memeing about

Why not buy it, to support the people who made it?
I don't mean in general of course, but if you're doing something out of spite you've gotta go all the way with it.

It's not Satire, it's Deconstruction. That's when you take apart and analyze a concept, such as the stupidity of Horror Movie Protagonists to Split Up.

This this this
Its cool seeing Sigourney weaver but I really don't care about the whole old gods thing and turn it off around the time they enter the chamber or whatever.

the audience = evil gods that must be appeased by gratuitous violence and gore or they will switch off thereby ending the characters existence

a nice premise done very very badly

It wasn't decunstructed though. It was just "look at how stupid they are for splitting up" which has been pointed how hundreds of times before. And it all led up the an absolutely retarded ending that seemed completely disconnected from everything else in the movie. It's a fucking hackjob of a movie

I thought it was cool. Reminded me of Lovecraft and Cthulhu awakening or something. After all the absurd shit they dealt with they pretty much said fuck it and accepted their fate.

>they pretty much said fuck it and accepted their fate.
I think you mean "they pretty much said fuck everyone if we're going to die then they can too"
For a film that spent the whole time making fun of people acting stupid in horror films it was a fucking stupid point to end it on.

>Hey guys, have you noticed how the slut always dies in a horror movie, and that the chaste woman always survives?
>10/10, such self-aware, much parody

Throw in some implied coalburning, and you have a perfect storm of hack writing and cuckoldry. Quintessential Whedon. Recommended only to nu-males.

>He made the Avengers, the best super hero movie ever.

No one beats Sam Raimi

This movie blows. The ending is ok.

Great premise, poor execution. They really should have played the horror straight and trusted the audience to be smart enough to catch on to what was happening. The reveal would have been far more satisfying if it hadn't been indicated from the beginning.

I liked Avengers and i have nothing against JW.

I hate saying, i fucking hate saying, its literally a bad meme but This is probably the closest thing to Reddit The Movie.
Its so fucking fucking pretentious that it becomes hilarously bad while trying to be meta.

Fuck that movie.

I liked it, but that's because I went into it knowing nothing and expecting an actual horror film
what I got was a fun little movie

>I have bad taste hahaha take that you guys

I agree that the ending didn't fit the overall tone of the movie. I still enjoyed the movie regardless.

pretty clever, but ultimately struck me as a funny games lite. still generally enjoyed it, but can't imagine myself rewatching it any time soon.

i took the ending as a meta-statement that the state of horror films is unsalvageable, or rather not worth salvaging. that those working within the genre should either carve out new territory or simply abandon it.