/got/ general

Old thread Dead Like Ned.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sM7yDAf34vQ&t=2s
grrm.livejournal.com/520414.html
grrm.livejournal.com/520498.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When did it all start to go downhill lads?

I'm finally back bros...after long last...

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

If Jaime is going north at the end of season seven, what do you expect from him in the final six episodes of season eight? Do you expect him to die in the north? Will he kill the Night King?

Remember when these generals used to not be dead?

Generals are dead
Books are dead
Show is dead

Right around New Year's.

Stannis is very dead

Stannis in the books is not dead yet

Show miraculously comes back to life in a couple months.

FROM THE DUSTY MESA

Can anyone explain this armor? It looks almost like gold, but gold would be horrible armor because the metal is so soft.

HER LOOMING SHADOW GROWS

>watched the whole series like 7 times last year
>don't give a remote fuck about it now

pushing Season 7 back to summer was a mistake

Ned and Cat?

And it's just gold plated

jaime's armor is gilded gold. his sword too.

It's supposed to be gilded steel.

Most of the technology is based on the Renaissance era. At that time European armorers were using Japanese lacquering techniques to dye or gild their armors many colors.

What are your season rankings?

1. S1
2. S2
3. S3
4. S4
5. S5
6. S6

These are unironically mine

4 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 6 > literal shit > 5

4 > 3 > 2 = 6 > 1 >>> Most of Season 5 >>> literal shit >>> S5 Cogman's Dorne storyline

1>2=3=4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>=6

Stannis in the beginning of S5 was great.

>season 6 is better than season 1
spotted the jontard normie

Season 5 was fine until they killed off Barristan.

>season 6 is better than season 1
Only marginally.

>spotted the jontard normie
Nope.

what did you like in S6?
literally every story arc is nonsensical or shit ( most are both ).

>what did you like in S6?
Would need to rewatch to get a refresher but here's most of it:

Daenerys's storyline finally going somewhere
seeing the dragons in action
Bran's visions stuff
Brotherhood Without Banners returning
High Sparrow finally dying
Arya's plotline going somewhere(even if the retarded director completely botched end of the Braavos section)

Posting again since last thread died early.
What are some scenes in the books/show that made your eyes watery, /got/?

>tfw death of innocence

>Even in the dark room, Bran could feel his brother’s smile. “And afterward, we’ll ride north to see the Wall. We won’t even tell Jon we’re coming, we’ll just be there one day, you and me. It will be an adventure.”

>“An adventure,” Bran repeated wistfully. He heard his brother sob. The room was so dark he could not see the tears on Robb’s face, so he reached out and found his hand. Their fingers twined together.
;_________________________;

>show
I hear some people got a bit teary at Grey Wind's death, but that aside... I don't see how you could get very emotional with anything on the show.

They're terrible at making anything very emotional (among all other things they're terrible at).

Even without image, without music (which, lets face it, is usually half what brings people emotions in heavy scenes), the books gets more out of these scenes than the show ever did.

gay

heartless

like Ygritte's death...
In the books there's like a line about it, that's it. Still made me feel more than on the show, despite how they tried really hard to make it a feel-heavy scene ( then ruined it all with Olly's nod ).

And Ygritte was my waifu on the show too. Yet her death didn't do shit because the scene was very bad. And Ygritte was turned into a meme at this point too with the 360noscope 30-0KDR shit.

Awwww. How ironic. This sounds like something book bran would say. Literally perfect casting

shut up

stop pretending you guys have lives

youtube.com/watch?v=sM7yDAf34vQ&t=2s

I cri evertim

grrm.livejournal.com/520414.html

IT'S

FUCKING

OUT

ED IS DEAD

grrm.livejournal.com/520498.html

>t. woman

OMg I can't wait for le witty imp and le gormless bastard to join forces and become total bros in the norf
Thank u D&D

Azor Jaime.

>S1
power gap
>S2 = S3
huge power gap
>S4 = S6
>S5

S4 was better than S6
we still had a nice comfy KL storyline in S4 at least, even with the retarded bug smashing scene

2 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 6 > 5

One thing I think even D&D understand is Jaimes story is one of redemption. So I expect him to be ultra good boy Gary Stu jr to really slap it in the viewers face Jamie is a good boi now. Then he dies.

But why the willy wonka 'i stilla wanna fuck my sista' sideshow arc on the way to redemption.

S1>S3>S2>S4>S6>Simpsons seasons 10-30>S5

I hope George learns from this experience.

>failing health
>fantasy and scifi fan author
>wild cards writer
>liked going to cons
>hugos

God that kid is so fucking light in the loafers he is going to float away.

>D&D take this serious emotional scene and turn it into "lol edmure is incompetent"
why though

they're holding out his redemption for the last two seasons. they've set some groundwork and potential for it but thats about it.
probably to make it less obvious to normies

Because in the end the Riverlands will never be ruled by weak men again.

They'll be ruled by Sansa, YAAASSSS QUEEN

I cried when Dany had the black water shits in the dothraki sea because GRRM is such an artist with words I felt like I was having an abortion while I was reading it.

1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 6 I guess. The last two are so fucking bad that I don't really want to remember them though.

Not cry but I get chills every time I read Jamie's recollection of Aerys raping Rhaella and chewing her breasts bloody. Jamie's says something like like "we are supposed to protect her too" and one of the other kings guard says "not from him." I don't know why but that highly disturbs me. I guess it's just heavy handed highlight of the fact that no one is ever truly safe in our story.

He wrote that tweet when he was 10, don't be mean

>Jon Snow hears from an unknown source that Baelish is the reason why Ned Stark died and is preparing to prosecute him
>Sansa warns Littlefinger and asks him to prepare his men and that Jon is out to get him
>Sansa however tells Peter that she knows that Peter is the reason for all her misfortune, but spares him for all the things he did for her
>A maester then warns Baelish not to trust Sansa
>Littlefinger prepares to leave winterfell with the knights of the vale
>Jon Snow corners them
>Vale vs North skirmish
>Littlefinger escapes in a nearby carriage
>sees Sansa outside Winterfell wanting to go with him
>Littlefinger asks for the carriage to stop and fetches Sansa
>they walk toward the carriage
>Sansa is behind Littlefinger
>she wraps her arms around his neck and a valyrian dagger to his throat
>"I did warn you not to trust her"
>Sansa pulls out her face
>its fucking Arya all along

>DABID THEY FOUND THE SCRIPT SHUT IT DOWN

that's right

SANSA "THE MIND TRICK QUEEN" STARK, RIGHTFUL QUEEN OF WESTEROS

Womb or doom

Jaqen is dead

you fuckers better not let this thread die like the last one

all threads must die

but we are not threads

kek

Valrhead Morghulis

brutal

Season seven is gonna break all the records set on tv and even cinema is shaking.

And season eight is even more of an spectacle!

bump

Pls don't let the general dies lads
I need somewhere to vent my autism

You need Jaqen H'ghar to vent your autism.

Dump

it pisses that its because Cersei doesnt listen to Mary Snuh and not her doing what he killed the mad king for trying to do.

wish he was brown benn plumm that actor is underrated.

S1
S2
S3
S4
S5-S6

>kills Mance because he disagrees with burning him
>is fine with Dany burning the Tarlys

t. D&D

Fucking 4channers

>$.0001 has been deposited to your bank account

and who
are you

No one

>we will never get to see Based Bobby B in his prime on the Ruby Ford fighting Rhaegar
>we will never get to witness those rubies fall from Rhaegar's breastplate
brb, drinking the the Tears of Lys.

I don't remember this. When did this happen? It's been forever since I read the books.

before Robb left WF in Agot

Ah. I was going to say, I'm pretty sure they never meet again after Robb leaves Winterfell.

It really has been too long since I read the books. I hate being one of those faggots that say "ACKSHUALLY the books are way better!" but it is real in this case desu...

bran warged the lannister soldier that stabbed eddard in the back of the leg to distract jaime from killing him resulting in jaime losing the opportunity to cut ned down due to witnesses

>he will never plant a tree in my name

>Game of Thrones is ending

>Obama is out of the White House

>Trump is the leader of the free world

Truly we live in the greatest timeline

>Ah. I was going to say, I'm pretty sure they never meet again after Robb leaves Winterfell.

That's what makes it so sad

predict the ending lads

king/hand of the king Tyrion flys back on a dragon back to Casterly rock and says Now I am Lord of the rock.

Sam presenting his now finished book to the new monarch, King Eddard Targaryen

our Maisie

is a whorre