Remember when Marvel movies used to be character studies and not just a quips machine with bad CGI and overpaid spoiled...

Remember when Marvel movies used to be character studies and not just a quips machine with bad CGI and overpaid spoiled actors?

Thanks for ruining everything Disney.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gouq9_TbSe0
youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks
youtube.com/watch?v=Txnf4s7eWs0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>character studies
Like a study of a big green monster that has nothing to it is a good thing.

>character studies
like peter parker going through his fedora phase
kino.

Lee's Hulk was Freudian as fuck with a proper meaning put to Banner's Hulk rage.

Meanwhile Disney's Hulk is literally just "the secret is being angry all the time xD" which makes no sense and completely undermines the massive mood swings that embodies the Hulk.

>like peter parker going through his fedora phase
That was actually more kino than everything by the MCU. Even the worst Spider-Man movie is better than the best MCU movie.

>a Freudian character study
>with Hulk dogs
>IT'S A COMIC BOOK MOVIE SO IT NEEDS TO LITERALLY HAVE PANELS

OP has shit taste

The 2003 Hulk film had such a massive impact on me as a kid.

I wish Marvel movies today were like that

>I don't know what Freudian means
Stick to MCU. Your cognitive abilities end at RDJ looking funny at the camera.

that's true, i'll give you that.

Stop memeing. Spider-Man 3 is literally one of the worst superhero films ever made

And yours only go as far as Hulk dogs. Stay mad, contrarian retard.

Lee's Hulk was brave. And a brave film that's flawed is always better than safe focus-tested garbage. Eventually the safe shit becomes boring and you'll beg and scream for the brave and flawed to return.

What's funny is that the CGI of a 2003 movie is far beyond anything made by Marvel. Hulk looks amazing. And the film is just as colorful as the comics instead of shades of grey that Marvel Films are.

It does become even better when you realize that a safe and inoffensive movie is always going to be mildly entertaining whereas a bold film can range from bad to great. And once you grow tired of the mildly entertaining (after 14 Marvel quipfests, you do), then you suddenly yearn back to the days where filmmakers took risks and didn't fear mistakes.

Disney hire yes-men directors for a reason. They don't care about the artistic integrity of a film. All Disney cares is a slave that abides to the results of their focus-tests and political agenda. A person like Ang Lee would never abide under them.

Look how the Disney shills are bragging about how well GOTG2 is doing in focus tests. This is how far the superhero genre has fallen. All safe focus-tested garbage with a set amount of jokes, CGI and ham-fisted characterization.

Disgusting.

>the best way to make Freud proud is with a terrible movie about a giant green monster who is mad at his daddy and throws tanks

You are an actual retard.

You still don't know what Freudian means. You keep proving me right the more you post. I guess this is what to expect from someone who geniunely enjoys the sad state of the MCU and its recycled plots and quips.

How is it that the audience only cares about quips now? So sad

>a brave film that's flawed is always better than safe focus-tested garbage.

This just in, a bad film is better than a mediocre one

>What's funny is that the CGI of a 2003 movie is far beyond anything made by Marvel. Hulk looks amazing.

Stopped reading there. It literally made headlines how bad he looked.

>Jennifer Connelly crying:the movie

but she was hot so eh

>he thinks the Avenger's Hulk looks better than 2003's Hulk
You are such a shill if you think this

>It literally made headlines how bad he looked.
Lee's Hulk looks like an actual person. MCU Hulk looks like a cartoon.

>This is how far the superhero genre has fallen.

Capeshit has always been capeshit, your precious adolescent nostalgia goggles notwithstanding. If you're sick of Disney garbage maybe you should try a real movie instead of watching slightly older cartoon garbage and convincing yourself it is misunderstood art, you laughing stock.

>mfw everyone laughs over this scene and thinks it is 10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=gouq9_TbSe0

Are you insane? You think the Lee Hulk looks like a real person?

>Lee's Hulk
Fine ass Jennifer Connelly

>MCU Hulk
Disgusting fatty Liv Tyler that can't even act

I don't enjoy the MCU. I watch real movies. You see, my character studies don't need to have hammy acting and explosions in order for me to find them interesting.

This is the scene that killed the superhero genre. This one scene of a villain reduced to a quick one-liner. This is where Josh Whedon killed the genre for good.

But user, all three of those look like a cartoon. You are watching cartoons. Stop feeling superior because you prefer one cartoon over the other.

It's not binary. We can have decent superhero movies aswell and not just Disney's focus-tested garbage for kids. There is obviously more to the genre than that, as proven by Lee's Hulk.

Now fuck off and drop the facade. Nobody's falling for it MCU shill.

The Disney shills love to argue that

>i-it's supposed to be dumb i-it's capeshit

Even though the genre is filled with decent movies. They want the genre reduced to an infantile state so they can justify the garbage that is the MCU. Be wary of these posters. They are all over Sup Forums these days.

>I don't know who Joel Schumacher is

Are you just simply not old enough to remember when the superhero genre actually died and had to be resurrected?

Hollywood is about making money first bottom line. Capeshit is too expensive for passion projects.

Thanks for sharing this image. I needed this to show the MCU fags how retarded their Hulk looks

If done right we could have had a great darker toned Suicide Squad without any music video like editing
youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks

>It's not binary. We can have decent superhero movies aswell and not just Disney's focus-tested garbage for kids.
All superhero garbage is for kids. It's just that some plays at the most superficial "deeper, darker themes" possible in order to snare idiots like you with the mind of a 13 year old who are actually fooled by the same generic bullshit with a fresh coat of gritty paint and a few awful scenes where the main character talks awkwardly about his childhood. Your love of the same crap just packaged slightly differently only highlights how much of a manchild you are.

>Now fuck off and drop the facade. Nobody's falling for it MCU shill.
You literally don't even know how to have an argument unless you put me in your little box. How pathetic.

>Even though the genre is filled with decent movies.

Be wary of these posters. They are all over Sup Forums these days.

When are you going to watch actual films? Or are they too serious and boring for you

>Spider-Man 3 is literally one of the worst superhero films ever made
The Spidey vs Harry fight scene alone is pure kino that blows all of MCU the fuck out. Plenty of other kino scenes, like Sandman's birth.

>All superhero garbage is for kids.
The Dark Knight is not a kid's movie. Also; a lot of the Batman animated films are R rated and violent (which is how Batman media should be).

It is a disgrace to see people praise Lego Batman and think that is how Batman movies should be like

Joss Whedon was a mistake.

What exactly is kino about sand rendered on a person's computer? About literally watching money burn on screen? Oh, it's because Raimi injected a hamfisted shot of his daughter's locket into it, so that means it's 'deep'. Fuck off.

Spiderman 3 could have been amazing. I loved the Sandman storyline and it was so emotional compared to anything from the MCU.

I take it you are a troll who just hates Spiderman 3 because that's what the normies do mean while they praise anything from the MCU and think that is good cinema (which it isn't).

Sandman's birth scene is one of the most powerful and emotional moments I have ever witnessed in a cinema
youtube.com/watch?v=Txnf4s7eWs0

>It's for adults because it's dark and violent

No, it's just for slightly older kids.

You literally fell for the kino meme.

Stay mad.

>dude it's R rated that means I'm not watching kid's garbage anymore, even though it still has a guy in a rubber suit who looks like an idiot punching overacting villains

>overacting villains
Actually study human psychology

>Sandman's birth scene is one of the most powerful and emotional moments I have ever witnessed in a cinema

Jesus christ you are so pathetic...

>He thinks dark and brooding is "how Batman should be"

Maximum pleb. Batman has existed for close to seventy years and only a fraction of that time had dark and brooding Batman.

In the most superficial, obvious, simplified way imaginable. You're the kind of idiot who thinks he's superior because he took pop 101 philosophy in college. You should consider suicide.

But it is. When I saw the Sandman birth scene in the cinema, the music, what I was seeing was making me so depressed seeing this poor guy's life completely destroyed and in the end he just whivers away, forever cursed.

If you think Raimi's Sandman wasn't well made, you are either a troll or an idiot.

>children's picture books
>for adults

Choose one.

Batman being dark works best. I am thankful that Nolan's Batman films exist for they are masterpieces.

B-But dark and brooding means it's good!

I'm not smart or cultured enough to watch a film by Scorsese or Godard so I have to watch a superhero movie with slightly more adult themes in order to feel good about myself!

Stop polluting my safe space with reason!

If they are for children, why then would mothers freak?

Oh I see, so it's some CGI rendered on someone's computer, a scene in a generic Hollywood blockbuster targeted at mainstream dimwits, but he's sad about his daughter, so that means it's intelligent. Fuck off, little kid. This is an 18 and up board.

kill yourself Disney shill

None of them are masterpieces. TDK is not the greatest crime drama since Godfather II even though some idiot said it was. You should probably watch the Godfather series before assuming such a claim is anywhere near appropriate, you bloody idiot.

>I can't argue with you unless you're arguing in favor of one brand of generic commercial diarrhea versus another

I'm laughing at you right now. Out loud.

You're not arguing. You are merely attempting to downplay good movies in the genre to justify Disney's infantile cancer. It's transparent as fuck. Nobody's falling for it.

ITT: Children who have only ever seen films produced by Disney and films directed by hacks like Ang Lee and Chris Nolan and they think they're so fucking smart because they prefer Nolan

You're praising one brand of infantile cancer and shitting on another slightly newer brand of infantile cancer and you think this makes you better than everyone else. I don't know if I can think of anything more pathetic. Don't worry though, once you're out of your teens, you will watch something by an actual filmmaker like Lumet or Kieslowski (do you even know who these people are?) and realize how stupid you were. Hopefully.

See
You are doing exactly what I accused you of. MCU is cancer. That is a fact. There are much better movies in the genre. And your attempt to deflect to arthouse filmmakers to justify Disney's focus-tested garbage is sad and transparent.

>Sidney Lumet is an 'arthouse filmmaker'
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The entire capeshit genre is cancer, ignorant little kid. Once you discover there are other kinds of movies perhaps you will have learned something.

Kino:
Batman Returns
Robocop
The Incredibles
Spider-Man 2
Blade 2
Spider-Man 1
Hellboy 1/2
Batman TAS
Spawn (Animated series)
Freakazoid (Animated series)

Movies, alright for a mindless sinle-viewing:
Blade
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Spider-Man 3
Unbreakable
X-Men 2
X-Men First Class
Ang Lee's Hulk
Man of Steel
BvS
Dredd 2012
Wolverine in Japan
TDKR
Batman
X-Men
The Mask
Superman Returns
Constantine

Trashbin, I regret viewing:
X- Men Apocalypse
Watchmen
Kick-Ass
Sin City
The Crow
Blade 3
Deadpool
Any MCU except maybe Cap 1 & 2 and parts of Iron Man 3
X- Men 3
Amazing Spider-Man
Daredevil
Schumacher's Batman
Wanted
First Wolverine

ITT: I dislike things that are popular because that makes me special and I've never been special before

Me neither.

>I compare Citizen Kane to cartoons because I'm the biggest moron ever

He had father issues, guy. I rewatched The Incredible Hulk 2 days ago and that had more depth than that. Hulk does get retconned and shat on in the MCU as the movies go on though. And why does he need to be a cerebral character? He is a scientist who gets mad and turns all Mr. Hyde on shit around him. Captain America is a more nuanced character than that: an american patriot who happens to be a super soldier, and who tries to fight for freedom and all that is good.

Hulk was 2deep4 the audience. Marvel realized that appealing to children was the smarter idea. You see they knew that right around the time the new generation hit 30 they would unironically like kid shit because that's around the time that people start realizing how shitty being an adult is and life actually is hard and wish it was easy like the days when they were kids. That's why it's cool to like all this geek shit like video games and cartoons as an adult now even though you would look like faggot back in the day. It's this new "It's okay to be manchildren"generation. That's why gimmicky characters like Deadpool are so popular today. Because they have no depth and they are "LOL so RANDOM". And that's why Marvel movies are gimmicky crap with no real depth behind it. It's not because "that's how comic book movies should be, fun and shit" It's because They know that most of the "Adults" are not really "adults" but actually a bunch of 30 year kids.

Disney shills argumentation usually comprises of downplaying an entire genre to infantile MCU levels to justify just how awful the MCU is. These posters are paid to advertise Disney movies.

but all of those movies are terrible, user

>dude Jekyll and Hyde is FREUDIAN I like things that are FREUDIAN I just learned the word FREUDIAN and I don't know what it means but I need to use the word FREUDIAN so I seem smart

You have literally no idea what Freudian means if you don't think it applies to Lee's Hulk. Stick to the MCU.

Neither do you.

I'd tell you to stick to commercial nonsense but you're already doing that.

>I can only appreciate the psychological studies and observations of Sigmund Freud if they are interpreted via a movie with a big green monster who smashes buildings

How sad

This. I know Sup Forums is filled with teens, and teens are contrarian by default, but they should look at things objectively and not try to fish for attention in the form of (you)s.

On a side note, BVS is that same shit as Spiderman 3: potentially tepid movies ruined by cramming too much shit into them and adding unnecessary "kino" (read: artfag shit) scenes and symbolism. The good superhero movies are those that are smaller in scope and self-contained, ones that can stand on their own and focus on the main hero combating his inner demons. (Spiderman 2, Iron Man, Blade, The Dark Knight, The Punisher 2004, etc)

I never implied that. You're not making up arguments in your head because you got called out for being an idiot. The MCU is more your alley. Stick to that.

According to Welles biographer Simon Callow, Welles read pulp fiction his entire life and he “had suitcases and suitcases of it.” His radio career began with the Walter B. Gibson character born of the pulps and comic books, The Shadow, in 1937. Welles remained true to his populist roots throughout his life. A 1942 press release written by the publicity department of RKO Radio Pictures, to whom he was under contract, states “He is an avid reader of comic strips and is particularly fond of “Terry and the Pirates.” He believes comic strips mirror contemporary American life.” Welles cared little for what others considered “high art” versus “low art” and took his unabashed love of popular forms of storytelling with him to Hollywood. He disliked the pretensions of intellectuals while at the same time was dismayed at the irony between what was considered high and low, and what was considered to be art at all “The arts and artists of our theatre have been so busy for so long now teaching their public to reject anything larger than life unless it be stated in the special language of glamour and charm that I’m afraid many good citizens who read comic strips with the utmost solemnity will laugh out loud at Eisenstein’s best moments. Our culture has conditioned us to take Dick Tracy with a straight face. But nothing prepares us for Ivan the Terrible.”

He applied dramatic devices taken directly from comics to his films. For example, the clock tower ending of The Stranger was a device used many times in the early 1940s by Batman writer and co-creator Bill Finger. As Welles notes “(It was) pure Dick Tracy. I had to fight for it. Everybody felt, ‘Well, it’s bad taste and Orson’s going too far,’ but I wanted a straight comic-strip finish.” Another comic book mainstay that Welles utilized to great effect in the famous mirror sequence of Lady From Shanghai was the carnival setting, also right out of the pages of Batman and had a direct antecedent in Terry and the Pirates.

Not that guy but get off your high horse. These are superhero movies, one isn't better than another just because you think it has "deep themes" and words you recently found the meaning off may be in the movie. Go watch Primer if you wanna be smart, or some shitty artfag frog movie if you wanna feel artistic. Let superhero movies be just simple entertainment.

I bet you think BVS is "kino" too, kek.

Damn.

Still doing exactly what you're being accused of to the T. Sad and predictable.

>Oh I see, so it's some CGI rendered on someone's computer,

I'm not the user you were talking to but this shit always triggers me.

Why do people always shit on CGI and animation like it's something less than live action?

Everything you see on the screen is pretend.All of it is made up. Is it simply just that your suspension of disbelief is so stunted, and your imagination so underdeveloped, that ANY element of fantasy introduced to a story just shuts you down?

The Marvel shill is immunized against all dangers: one may call him tasteless, retarded, an enemy of cinema, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a shill and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

I just barely got on Sup Forums after finishing the recent Expanse episode, the fuck you about, guy?

>George miller

For what purpose?

you were doing well up until that last remark. Learn when to stop user

>Hulk-splash.jpg
Isn't his main qup Hulk smash?

That's not a quip, just a statement of fact.

>Hulk
>Good film
>either one of them
fuck no

if they took out the cringe af comic panels ang lee's hulk would be 9/10

Lee's Hulk is how superhero movies should be made but Disney's MCU is a polar opposite.

comic panels were a nice touch.

Btfoed

Talbot's death was just plain bad.

>praise the Lee film for being truer to the comic look
>say Marvel dropped the ball by having a more cartoony Hulk

Hmm, what did the faggot mean by this hypocracy?

I praised Lee's Hulk for looking like an actual person made big and not just a goofy cartoon.

Also it's spelled hypocrisy you underpaid Pajeet.

You will see.

HHHNNNNGGGG

Uhhh okay but you said a few posts earlier that Lee's film has a more cartoony look than the MCU, and say it is a good thing. So how can a more realisitic Hulk be good for Lee's film and how can a cartoony Hulk be bad for the MCU?

Lol, really going to go for the ad homs huh?

>Of course, those who follow developments in the comic book movie world know that George Miller taking on a DC Cinematic Universe chapter wouldn't actually be his first time working within that brand. It was nearly a full decade ago that he actually signed on to make Justice League: Mortal, a film that would have been the first ever live-action Justice League movie. The project actually got fairly deep into development, and even had a cast that included D.J. Cotrona (Superman), Armie Hammer (Batman), Megan Gale (Wonder Woman), Teresa Palmer (Talia al Ghul), Common (Green Lantern), Adam Brody (The Flash) and Jay Baruchel (Maxwell Lord). Unfortunately, this movie was in the works right around the time of the 2007-2008 Writer's Guild of America strike, and as a result the whole thing wound up being shut down.

Rumors are flying all over the place of Miller returning to DC.

>I'm not smart or cultured enough to watch a film by Scorsese or Godard
>Scorsese or Godard

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love when shills embarrass themselves

Despite the obvious normie pandering that they've been undergoing, the new Marvel movies are still "better" than what they were in the early to mid 2000's.

>you said a few posts earlier that Lee's film has a more cartoony look than the MCU
Never said that. I think you're confusing people. While it's true that Lee's Hulk has some comic-book influences such as comic panels and very colorful shots, the Hulk as a character actually looks real in Lee's version while he looks like a goofy cartoon in MCU.

It was "just a joke" man...

Another disney shill bites the dust, doing God's work user