What does Sup Forums think of the Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, At The World's End)?

What does Sup Forums think of the Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, At The World's End)?

What's your favourite? Pic related is objectively the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=worldsend.htm
youtu.be/3FOzD4Sfgag
youtu.be/pij5lihbC6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hot Fuzz is the best. I can imagine it's even funnier for those of us who have a rural experience.

Yeah. I live in a small rural village in England so I do enjoy a lot of the humour that comes from it.

Really? Hot Fuzz is literally the worst.

No, that would be At World's End. No-one talks about it or parodies it for a reason.

Hot Fuzz > Shaun of the Dead > At World's End

I actually live in the city it was filmed (Wells) and it's really cosy for me to watch it.

Hot Fuzz is literally >Movies Americans will never understand

im american and its one of my favorite movies although i was exposed to british humour at an early age

massively overrated.
Shaun of the Dead is OK and the other two are just "meh".

I'm English BTW so yeah I get all the shitty references.

Sotd is objectively best of the 3. Also the best zombie movie despite the saturation over the last decade

>Not realizing that Simon = uk and Nick = usa

It's a bromance movie celebrating our "special relationship".

hot cuck > limp shaun > its over

Sorry, got those mixed up actually, should be other way around. Bonus points if you guess who the villagers represent.

>Nick has west country accent which is said to be the accent the first colonists had and formed the basis of the american accent today
It's like poetry et cetera.

Hot Fuzz >.........................................POWER GAP.........................................> Shaun of the Dead

You're right, shoulda stuck to my guns. >Simon teaches nick everything he knows just so he can be bailed out at the end (WWII)
>he's even fat

Hot fuzz > shaun > trash > worlds end

The first two are equally good, but i cant pretend like worlds end is anything better than dogshit no matter how much i try to force myself to like it

Every American I know that's seen it loves the film.

Hot Fuzz is my is favorite and its great, Shaun of the dead was kinda meh from what I remember, did not watch the third one.

Just seen "Nothing to declare" Belgian French comedy good shit

what the fuck FUCK YOU MOM I WON't GO TO FUCKING CHURCH

I saw The World's End the other day and I can honestly say I didn't laugh once.

Hot Fuzz is my favorite. All around funny, the action is great and I kept finding new things with every rewatch after a while.

The other two are great but Shaun of the Dead becomes a little too serious towards the end and it feels like a shore with every rewatch, while World's End is too depressing and "real", though with good action.

crusty jugglers

This. And I'm an American. Which I'm sure someone will have something cheeky to say about.

hot fuzz is objectively better than Shaun of the dead(I like both) , but haven't seen the world's end yet because people don't seem to like it. Should I give it a go?

They all kind of suck on a research and world's end wasn't even slightly funny

The director should not be working, he hasn't been involved with anything good. He's like the Michael Bay of Brit "comedy", he sells so he continues

I'd kill myself if I had a career like his

Love hot fuzz but feel like it loses a lot of steam at the very end, if I had to find a reason I feel like even though everything was silly through and through there was a lot of power and menace in that silliness, but the final fight in a mini town is outright impotent.

Shaun is also good but I don't really care about it.

Didn't like World's End. It may be because I'm a fuckup and too "real" etc. etc. but I felt like at first it focused on a bunch of guys who didn't want to do stuff and one that was desperately making them do so, which, as real as it is, isn't a movie material, or maybe it is but it should be more of an introspective "tragedy". Didn't care all that much about the second half and action, felt like a lot of characters had underwhelming arcs, and the final dialogue and conclusion were silly in a way that I don't really know who would care about, I feel like you have to be hammered and have exactly the experience protagonist had to go all FUCK YEAH THE BOYS ARE (sorta) BACK.

the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

You can enjoy things you don't understand

Great movies, World's End is underrated

Took you long enough, autist

You posted this exact thing earlier. But World's End made 13M in the UK while it only made 26M in the USA, despite the USA having 5x as many people.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=worldsend.htm

>im american
>humour

Sure...

That's why Americans pronounce their Rs like an autist then

>American

But seriously, did you get many of the references?

I really really liked Hot Fuzz and enjoyed World's End, but thought Shaun of the Dead was fucking shite. What am I not getting?

Depends on how much you like zombie films I guess.

Shaun of the Dead >>> Hot Fuzz >>>>>>>>>> The World's End

>tfw even a shitty village in Bongland has 7 pubs

Shaun of the Dead. I don't really like any of them though.

I actually like The World's End but not as a comedy
it's fucking depressing
probably because I am my hometown's Gary King

shaun of the dead was a meme/spiritual successor to spaced

if you watch spaced you'll probably get more out of it

Fuzz > Shaun > World's End

Women don't understand it

Can confirm i live in a little village only about half an hour from where they filmed.

right and Little Britain, a show where they do the exact same 5 skits every episode, is considered high quality. Very good sirrah, have you remembered to pay for your TV license?

i thought it was a good poignant comedy about nostalgia and friendship until suddenly, robots

the end where bill nighy basically kills himself after being confronted with simon pegg's nihilism was pretty good though

I can't think of a more overrated trilogy. Low brow cringy humour, and that's only when they are at their best.

Dog muck

How old are you? Just curious

To enjoy World's End you need to reach a certain age so you can relate.
Sadly this board is mostly underage so they can't get it.

I'm australian and I had never seen midsomer murders until last year. Hot Fuzz makes a lot more sense if you've seen it.

Honestly the popularity of Shaun of the dead genuinely befuddles me. It's just not very funny, or clever...reminds me of the unexplainable popularity of Pointless

I used to say Shaun out of nostalgia but when I rewatched it it wasn't nearly as good. My current claim is they're about the same. ATWE suffers from being too similarly structured to Shawn. But desu I still enjoyed it watching it in the theater.

I'm sure us Yanks missed some of the smaller details, but a small town obsessed with it's perfect idyllic image, oddball rural folks with unintelligible accents are pretty universal. Plus that farmer's arms stash gives me a boner every time.

Can a Brit vomment on the farmer answering the police at his door with a shotgun in hand. Would the police be nice and calm, even with it resting in his elbow, breech open?

I disagree. I saw it when I was 16 and preferred it to Shaun of the Dead. In fat I'd say the first act of TWE is the best part of the trilogy.

World's End was so shit I couldn't even tell you a scene from the movie, it's literally unmemorable. And it looks like nobody else in this thread could tell you either.

World's End was a good movie imo but the ending was shit
Entire world was replaced with robots and no one found out? Entirety of human achivement was based on robots and humans still wasn't under control of robots?
Up until the aftermath of the nuke of the town it was a 8/10 movie but ending dropped it down to a 5/10

>literally debating like a 15 year old, complete with a fedora picture for strawmanning purposes
Thanks for proving my point.

The trouble with World's End is it is more of a drunken Dramedy instead of a sci-fi comedy. Their talks can get too real sometimes. Its a drunken alcoholics anonymous drama-comedy in a veneer of a sci-fi setting.

That's what I liked about it.

>Just curious

Translation: i wish to dismiss your statement based on your age.

Just watch an episode of Midsomer Murders, it'll all make sense.

Hot Fuzz is my favourite, I like the other two. Although I remember being disappointed in Worlds End at first (really didnt care for the Sci-Fi plot).

>being this wrong

>doesn't answer the question

Translation: underage when the movies came out.

actually I was just going to point out that there's a shitload of 80's and 90's culture references that would go right over the heads of a younger person. It doesn't make them any better, but it does hit the nostalgias pretty hard if you're old enough to get them.

Shaun of the Dead is one of the best modern horror movies, even if it is a comedy. You just cannot compare it to Hot Fuzz, which while great, is just not as good. SotD is a classic.

The World's End was severely underrated but still the worst.

For farmers it's almost expected that they'd have a gun. There ARE guns in Britain, just not many at all compared to the US.

World's End is underrated. It's not as funny as the other too, but it's a great character piece. Interesting to see Frost play the straight man to Pegg for a change - I actually prefer the dynamic.

youtu.be/3FOzD4Sfgag
youtu.be/pij5lihbC6k

You are an embarrassment to this site, desu.

I really love TWE and it's definitely underrated, but Hot Fuzz is the best for me. They're all great really, though not really sure I'd really get them if I were American. Not that the humour is particularly highbrow, it just plays a lot with cultural personalities and ideas.

Hot Fuzz is easily the best one.

Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!

I get that. Just curious if standard rural English behavior is to speak with police with shotgun in hand.

That's generally a bad idea here over the pond because of reasons I'm sure you're aware of.

I didn't like it as much. Felt to me like they were playing against type just for the sake of it.

The World's End was for me the weakest entry in the series.

You're too young, it's more about middle age. My dad loved it and said it's his favourite.

I'll admit that Nick Frost pulled it off much better than Simon Pegg, who was a bit too hammy. It makes sense for his character, though. Makes his breakdown towards the end more powerful, too.

Sure, keep making assumptions instead of looking at your family's shit taste in humor.

I believe the hate The World's End gets is because it was the latest one to come out. People are fucking braindead and tend to say they like the previous ones the best every fucking time and it pisses me off. The movie contains just as much humor, references, foreshadowing and little humorous things you only notice on consecutive viewings as the other ones. It's probably the most entertaining of the three, in my opinion.

The World's End = Hot Fuzz > Shaun of the Dead

It's probably my favorite trilogy of all time, desu.

Are you a mid 30s man with a wife and kids in the middle of a boring career you've had for years with no realistic hope of anything that exciting happening on the horizon however much you try?

Those are the main characters of the film, if you can't empathise with that position in life, which given you're on a bhutanese knitting forum on a Saturday morning rather than doing anything useful with your life you probably can't, you're likely to enjoy it less.

British police aren't brainwashed into believing everyone is trying to kill them.

Never seen Shaun of the Dead but the other two were great. I liked The World's End better, probably. One of the most unique endings I've ever seen in a film.

>implying
The wife and kid fucked off but yes to the rest. Why would I be doing something useful instead of knitting with you fags given my shit life? It's the very reason I'm here watching shit movies and complaining about them on a Saturday.

I like how they didn't cheap out on the ending. No deus ex machina to save the day, Gary's just in full DO IT FAGGOT mode and he gets to live out his fantasies as Mad Max

So any news on the baby driver?

Then you've answered your own question. You're middle aged, divorced, and yet spending time on an imageboard mostly populated by teenagers with too much time on their hands spamming buzzwords to try and fit in for once in their life.

The characters of the film are just a bit lame, not outright pathetic.

Hot Fuzz was pretty good, it seemed massively overrrated though since every British edgelord props it up as a brilliant, cutting edge kino and an example of "le sophisticated British humour" whenever they want to shit on Hollywood.

It's really not that clever, but it was funny enough. And I love British comedies, so I dont think it's a case of me being a dumb American who doesn't get the references, Peep Show is one of my favorite shows ever and I've always loved Fawlty Towers.

What you don't know is that half of what I said is untrue, but it proves what you were out for when you brought up age and life situation as if it's actually relevant to "getting" the movie.

Better safe than sorry. Cops should always assume the worst.

I'm not saying police should shoot everyone at the drop of a hat, but it's a really good idea for everybody for you to put down any firearms and make sure your hands are in plain view during a police encounter.

>Americans are so scared of being shot by a police that they preach online about it

Didn't at all care for Shaun of the Dead. Hot Fuzz was okay, i.e. entertaining but not particularly funny. Haven't watched the third.

You can 'get' it, but how much you empathise with the characters will vary a lot. That isn't a particularly difficult concept to understand. Whether you were lying or not it doesn't make a difference, the fact that you spend your time on Sup Forums means you are nothing like the protagonists. What it does mean is that I was right first time.

>Cops should always assume the worst.

This encapsulates everything that is wrong with American cops, or American society in general.

You should assume the best, but be ready for the worst.

Tbf, America is a lost cause. Too many people/groups are disenfranchised and feel they have no real stake in society so guess what, they stop playing by your rules. America only has itself to blame for many people distrusting their neighbours and being ready to kill at the drop of a hat.

It made me respect Frost more so I really liked it. I can only take so much DUDE WEED LMAO.

The 'muh British comedy' are annoy Bf and I'm a Brit. People do it because it's the only thing we're allowed to be proud of apart from being open, liberal, tolerant and diverse.

>Brits are restricted on what they can be proud of

Fucking alt-right never stops with the agenda.

If you deal with blacks then you should always assume the worst

world's end had problems but I love it just for the last 20 minutes where they have the argument with the avatar of the alien federation that humanity is far too fond of being barbarians to be civilized and they should just stop trying. Which leads them to destroying all advanced technology I guess in the hopes that humans will never figure out a way to get off of Earth and fuck things up for everyone else.

>If you deal with blacks then you should always assume the worst

Thank you for proving my point, America is a lost cause, the social divide is too great.

Hot Fuzz is still funny. Shaun of the Dead was good when it was released, but has aged poorly.

here's one subtle joke you may have missed

Sanford is so obsessed with their identity as a village, yet their paper is called "the citizen". The original definition of citizen specifically refers to someone who comes from a city as opposed to a villager.