Is he /ourguy/ or just a failed normie?

Is he /ourguy/ or just a failed normie?

aren't we all technically failed normies? What a horrifying thought.

his nephew was kind of annoying

I mean in the sense that he was a normie chad until the fire

Normie? It seemed like he had some form of blue collar Aspergers or autism all thru out this depressing as fuck film? Maybe that was just Casey Affleck's delivery of him though.

Nah theres a distinction. Failed normies are also quite depressing since they knew what it was like to be blissfully ignorant, they haven't been outcasts long enough to derive humor out of it and cope.

This movie is shit, amazon shills go away.

t. pleb pleb land shill

How many shoes did you inspect today, Sup Forums?

I enjoyed the film up until the last third when it focused too heavily on the shitty nephew.

The film was poorly written and the nephew acting was shit.

>being this pleb

The nephew was a FAGGOT and ruined the movie along with michelle whatever the fuck who does the same character in everything yet somehow gets worse at it.

Yeah Michelle ex-Mrs. Jude Law has to stop doing "accents" in movies. It's really cringey.

/ourguy/ may be the shittest meme ever spawned from this site
kys

>The nephew was a FAGGOT
in the off hand chance you aren't a full blown retard what reasons do you have to believe this?

I have no point, I'll call him a pleb.
Retard.

I liked how Lee didn't magically get better or solve his problem like another film would do. It felt pretty realistic that someone couldn't come back from a tragedy.

His behavior wasn't suitable for a teenager going through all that crap... It's like he was written to be a sociopath who fakes bonding with his uncle to get his dads money while giving no fucks about the uncle at all unless he manipulates him to get laid or some other bullshit. It was laughably stupid and forced in as a way to be true to location but it just made the scenes with him annoying to watch.

This the movie was just written bad so I can't blame the actor that much since he didn't have much to work with. Casey was doing the best he can with the weak script and poor direction.
4/10 film for the most part.

The kid knew his dad was going to die. It makes it quite clear everybody knew it was going to happen eventually. It even goes through the motions of showing the details his father went into preparing for it right down to selecting his grave. Like Lees brother the kid always expected his uncle would be there.

Great movie, I hope he wins the Oscars although I heard good things about Moonlight (and it's about gay niggers so I guess they don't have a chance).

Really makes you think..

Stop the the excuses. This movie is being parroted as good since they let a nigress be a Producer for easy virtue signalling.

The dad was a selfish cunt who had bad taste in furniture.

no

Also I get that some kids don't care much about their parents dying. But a movie about loss focusing on someone who doesn't give a shit strikes me as redundant. Or maybe they wanted to contrast this with Lee but Lee didn't really care that much about his brother's death either. The nephew ruined the movie.

/failed normies/
he's got a wife with 3 kids,he's got tons of friends.
Hes only /ourguy/ when hes in Boston but then again even a nigga want to fugg him tho.

You got BTFO though, the kid character is perfectly believable as the son of a man with a chronic disease. They knew he was going to die since the nephew was a kid.

8/10 movie all around, Casey was amazing in this movie

I bet you enjoy the works of Richard Linklater.

Why does the movie decide to focus so much on a character indifferent to loss? The movie turns from dealing with loss to portraying an average normie teenager's life.

Who gives a shit? That's what I want to get at. Who gives a shit about the nephew's normal life?

Why yes, I actually do, since I'm a contrarian pleb you see

Your weak rationalization of why he acted that way is a symptom of how badly written that character was.

>Also I get that some kids don't care much about their parents dying.
>But a movie about loss focusing on someone who doesn't give a shit strikes me as redundant. Or maybe they wanted to contrast this with Lee but Lee didn't really care that much about his brother's death either. The nephew ruined the movie.
Do you have an oxygen deficiency to the brain?

All alcoholics are failed normies.

t. alcoholic. It is their lives.

My dad who is also an alcoholic had a heart attack this saturday and dodged it. Doc told him he can drink wine once a month but no smoking. He was happier with it than dogding death.

Also, did you realize even Lee left his life behind after an alcoholism-related tragedy, first thing he does in his free time was getting boozed and assaulting people in the bar at the beginning of the movie. He was not a normie or something. Just a failed boozer.

Do you have an argument or are you just going to quote me with an insult? Be a better person. This is embarrassing. Sup Forums is adult-restricted.

While it's true that some kids are indifferent to death of their parents (asshole kids generally), the movie gained nothing from portraying such a person as it didn't contribute in a meaningful manner to the film's overall bleak tone of loss and coping.

Because they want to show you the normal process of grief (the son who has come to terms to his father dying long ago) with the extraordinary grief of Lee. While the kid is able to come to terms with the tragedy because it was a natural one, and then lives a normal life even through his pain, Lee is fucking destroyed because his tragedy was so much worse.

The nephew character is there to show you that there is a kind of pain to recover and you can live with, while there is another kind of pain that consumes you and destroys you no matter what.

I wouldn't really call the kid's process of gried normal. He was indifferent. Most kids aren't indifferent to their dads dying.

He was bothered by it though. He didn't want his dad in the freezer and couldn't face seeing his dead body. He was bothered by it, but he knew it was inevitable and could move on.

>He was indifferent.

He wasn't actually. He knew it would happen one way or another so he accepted it. Don't forget the scene where he loses it after seeing chicken in freezer.

You really must.
Read. And consider that this kid grew up without a mother (who was an alcoholic/crazy when he was a kid) and left with a chronically ill father who people were expecting to die including the nephew. He not an asshole he's a kid who had to grow up fast. It portrays this in many ways including his desire to handle the boat (loans for the motor/renting it out) and him saying he doesn't want to go to college but continue on with the fishing business his father ran.

He was processing it from the get go, see how violent he is playing hockey and how mean he is to that retarded drummer. He knew it was going to happen and it has molded his personality.

And even then he has panic attack with the frozen chicken. The only reason that character is there is so you can get a hold of how fucking deep is Lee's sorrow, by showing you someone similar to him going to through some expected tragedy, how they process it, and then showing you Lee basically not killing himself because he thinks he deserves to suffer in this world (like Oedipus but without fucking his mom)

Did you even watch the movie?

Oscar for Casey or WE RIOT

I swear to god if they give it to fucking Spiderman I may have to unseath my Katana and do some teleporting

>has friends
>has 7.9 wife
>has job
>has 3 children
>has normal connection to all social agents listed above

yeah that's autism right there

and, oh, ladies and gentlemen, he coulda caught that but he bobbled it; dropped for no gain

Why didn't any of the characters have british accents and did the trawler represent the uncle once he passed away?