Is he too into himself?

Is he too into himself?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/people/stephen-merchant-its-not-the-conservative-right-that-censors-comedy-now-its-the-liberal-left-10353654.html
youtu.be/INfVabuCCSY?t=5m15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he has a face for radio.

Doesn't help when they struggle to get his entire self in the shot.

Yes. I felt sorry for Karl when Steve made fun of him for a Manc. He's full of himself yet he hasn't done anything good since The Office.

He's also fuck ugly.

P. I Staker

I don't think he's too bad looking, he's just a bit lanky.
Also didn't he win an award for his role in Portal 2?

his "comedy" is just nasty bitter putdowns and cringe situations.he couldnt write a decent joke to save his life.

Like Gervais he is a bit of a pseudo-intellectual knob yes, but on top of that he is also a nu-male whereas Gervais isn't

I'm really curious as to how he performs in Logan.

Aw no, really? Like the "nods respectfully towards you" type?

>he is too untalented

How is he a nu-male? Because he wears glasses and has a beard?

Maybe a britfriend can help me, what kind of accent/dialect does Steve have?

put on a record

>a bit lanky
>a bit

West country

Yes.
His stories about either not being recognized/ respected because he writes and plays pretend for a living screams "do you know who I am?" Syndrome.
Also he's always been Ricky's sidekick and would be no where without him (and Karl) so his ego is further unwarranted as he isn't very talented, or funny.
Lucky for him, he allied himself well before anyone was famous so he's set up for life, which further inflated his ego.

I wish he'd suffer something cripplingly embarrassing publically, and go away forever.

West country

Meant for

cheers

he is so ugly that looking at him for too long makes me feel sick.

no, but despite being tall, famous and relatively rich he doesn't do well with women, and he is very passive-aggressive, gets his kicks from making snide remarks and insinuations but would shit himself if someone became aggressive towards him (even though he is like 6'5)

Just generally bit of a weak bitchy guy, a nu-male

Now don't get me wrong, those aren't admirable traits by all means, but does that really make you a nu-male? I always thought it was the look combined with being the stand-offish white knight beta that was the traits?

>have you seen the new Wolverine film, Steve?
>there's this thing in it

That is his gimmick. he actually dates super models and what not.

>5'10" 6'00" 6'03"

why is this pose so awkward

He's pretty decent looking tbp, he ain't no male model, but he's not hideous.

So? He's standing next to a manlet and a literal midget. The guy is 6'7", that's literally the perfect height.

>Not being 6ft master-race

Because he's taller than the room. His head is touching the ceiling even though he's hunched over

Well he has the nu-male look...

Just my opinion here, but I don't equate it with just politics , for me nu-male is a term for weak, passive-aggressive guys who have trouble embracing their masculinity, a product of the millennial generation being taught it's toxic. They are usually leftist and support feminism in hope it will get them sex, but not always.

Nu males tend to be leftys. Which Steve has never struck me as:

independent.co.uk/news/people/stephen-merchant-its-not-the-conservative-right-that-censors-comedy-now-its-the-liberal-left-10353654.html

Wtf we love Stephen now

>He said: “People are being leapt on because they happened to use the wrong terminology about Bruce Jenner, or Caitlyn Jenner, or whatever his name is now, or her name. There I am making mistakes. I’ll probably get in trouble for that.
D
E
S
A
B A S E D
A
S
E
D

OH MAN ALIVE KARL

I've been re-lostening to the XFM shows recently and in one episode they make fun of the people out in streets protesting the Iraq war and how it's not gonna do anything. I would love to see them riff on the recent happenings. New radio show when?

How much you wanna bet Steve is in this thread trying to make himself look not so bad.

Depends what Ricky and Karl are doing nowadays.

Now he's rich, famous and matured, sure. But back in the XFM days when he was in his late 20s and largely unknown to the general public, he was an insecure loser.

but how

Also possibly a virgin. At least in XFM series 0

not everyone is like you, why would I bother trying to make himself look better for us.

Unlikely. We'd see him coming a mile away.

That doesn't really equate to Steve Merchant at all though, he's not a millennial, and clearly doesn't feel as self entitled as other nu-males, he's just an ugly tall weirdo who runs a (bad) comedy routine off his unsuccessful attempts to attract women.

>despite being successful and rich, he gets no girls
>but he fucks supermodels
>yeah, but that's because he's successful and rich
b8?

Karl is that you?

OH HE'S DONE YOU AGAIN

youtu.be/INfVabuCCSY?t=5m15s

havin' a go at steve again, are we?

even back then he was an unlikely lust object

>walking down street
>see this coming towards you
What do?

Say "Oi, it's Steve Mitchel!"

/ourguy/

shit, meant for

Say that I loved him in Men in Black 2

Someone tweet this to him

HE'S DONE YOU AGAIN STEVE!

I was legitimately embarassed by how big of a limpdick he was on the Norm MacDonald podcast

Fucking cuck

Why would he know a children's video game character that came out in 1999 when he's in his 40's?

Das lanken pissenstreak

I think the there clear correlation of liking steve over karl and iq

his sanpaku eyes makes him look odd and crazy, besides that he's okay

HE'S NOT A FUCKING INVALID REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lots of plebs itt who can't see that Karl = flick and Steve = kino

actually pictured this in his voice

Stephen was the talent. Was always the talent.

But he cannot lead and it killed him.

No, he's entirely too much into doctor Cooper to the point that he barely cares about himself in that context.

>His stories about either not being recognized/ respected because he writes and plays pretend for a living screams "do you know who I am?" Syndrome.

lad, he is taking the piss. he knows full well that he isn't particularly famous.

He's directing a movie about Paige.
Why?

>those absolutely false stories he tells on XFM

>yeah rick i nearly got killed by some chavs who wanted to sell me speakers

sure you did

HE'S DONE YOU AGAIN

bollocks

Had a summer job delivering post. Driving around just listening to the xfm shows in the sun for 8 hours a day getting paid to laugh and get tan. Best summer ever.

>Karl: No I did play Portal 2 Steve, I did. Just found it a bit weird.
>Steve: Sure. Sure. It's a quirky game, as intended.
>Karl: Oh no I know, I know it's meant to be odd and that. But still I found it... the robot bloke you voiced... just found it a bit weird.
>Ricky: Yeah it's all supposed to be weird, innit?
>Steve: Well what do you mean, Karl?
>Karl: Nah it's just... y'know. I was having a go at the two player stuff with Suzanne. You play as a tall robot and a little fat robot, yeah?
>Steve: Well I had nothing to do with the development of the multiplayer mode but sure.
>Karl: Yeah, and I hadn't played the one player stuff yet, so... and these two player robots, they don't talk. So I was waiting for them to talk, and I just... found it a bit weird.
>Ricky: WHAT!? What did you find weird, you dopey twat!?
>Karl: Nah, I just... I was wondering when I was gonna hear your voice pop up, y'know? And I was playing as the tall robot. Really tall. And he only has one eye, but it's pretty large and googly... Steve.
>Ricky: AAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAHHAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAA!
>Karl: Hold on Rick, Steve knows I'm not having a go. You know I'm not having a go, Steve. Just found it a bit weird you voiced a little round robot in the end, that's all.
>Steve: Sure. Sure. Because Wheatley was a smooth, round sphere with a dangerously low IQ, and they should have called you in Karl.
>Ricky: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH play a record.

He's done him in page form!

Yeah but he still banged Hayley Atwell and some Victoria's Secret model

Wish he would get past the "bitter loser" character. It was funny on XFM when he was next to Gervais, but by now he's as rich and as famous as Ricky was then (if not more so).

>He could be your brother.

Karl was right tbf

Steve is very witty and he played the straight man of XFM really well, even rolling with the punches when Ricky stirred shit between him and Karl. Anyone who isn't autistic can see that Karl was always much more petty than Steve, but it was all for entertainment at the end of the day.

That said, Ricky and Steve insulting Lord of the Rings is easily the worst thing they've ever done. Steve especially had a nerd complex back then that made him extra critical of the 'nerdlingers' he was so desperate to distance himself from.

>pretty decent looking tbp
No, he's uncomfortable to look at, his grin is frightening, and he cannot grow facial hair that doesn't look like shrinking pubes.

It's funny that of the three Karl looks the most like a human being and least like a Spitting Image puppet.

Gervais was pretty handsome when he was younger desu

Don't think I've ever heard Karl call ricky "Rick" totally broke my immersion. Site your sources immediately

Lmao his glam band was hilarious what exactly is the chronology of gervais?

ayyyyyyy

He looked like david bowie

>became an atheist at age 12
>decided to be a pop star as a teenager
>performed as a musician in the 1980s, never made it big and ended up on the dole
>wrote for comedy shows and hosted radio in the late 90s, including Comedy Lab and the 11 o'clock show on channel 4
>wrote and starred in the office, becoming a household name in 2001
>started his xfm show with karl and steve the same year

Steve is the wittiest of the three. Remove any one person and the show would be the worst off without him

I thought the show was still quite good with that smackhead Claire Sturgess instead of Karl

Ricky isn't really a psudeo-intellectual. He comes off as one more than he really is, it's more his character imo. Through his work like The office and Derek you see his more human and intellectual side, that doesn't come through when he's mocking celebrities on the Golden globes.

Yeah, I'm just listening to the show where he's bitching about not getting invited to Ricky's birthday party. Also he says how he's jealous of gay men for being able to just have unconditional sex and wish he could do that.

CHRIST DE BURG

This is brilliant. Even if it's fake it doesn't matter considering some really hilarious parts of the podcast were clearly scripted.

Yeah I remember him insulting some nerd who sent them an email for his birthday and trying to humiliate him.

>he is very passive-aggressive, gets his kicks from making snide remarks and insinuations but would shit himself if someone became aggressive towards him (even though he is like 6'5)
How do you even know this

>I was legitimately embarassed by how big of a limpdick he was on the Norm MacDonald podcast
And Norm realising how much of a pussy he was going to be so he starts fucking with him. Constantly bringing up Ricky Gervais's success. Man I laughed so hard during that podcast.

Brehs he is literally more than a foot taller than me